Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete 23:33 - Oct 9 with 6740 viewsJackoBoostardo

And this will be closely followed by its liquidation and sale of assets, then followed by the spiral into the void.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-owner-vin

Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan is on course to complete a 98 per cent buyout of the club, by buying shares off former chairman Steve Borley and investors Paul Guy and Mike Hall.

98%!!!

What a top job he's doing!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 23:34]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:12 - Oct 10 with 5028 viewsCatullus

And if he does convert all that debt to equity we'll all be left with lots of egg dripping from our collective faces, IF!!
But given the latest fiasco I have to wonder how he made so much money. Is he very shrewd or, completely bonkers and a very lucky man?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 4935 viewsblaine_scfc

The guy is a bit of a loon, but if I had a pound every time I heard cardiff were going to go in to liquidation i would be a rich man. He will be pumping money in to them for a few years yet.
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:02 - Oct 10 with 4709 viewsUxbridge

He'll only liquidate if that's the best way of maximising his income. At the moment it wouldn't make sense. If they get relegated .... well, that's another kettle of fish.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 4670 viewsraynor94

A bit of perspective needed here he has pumped in £140 million he`s hardly going to walk away, they are stuck with him for quite a while yet. let`s hope Malky has had a gutful

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:21 - Oct 10 with 4601 viewsUxbridge

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:09 - Oct 10 by raynor94

A bit of perspective needed here he has pumped in £140 million he`s hardly going to walk away, they are stuck with him for quite a while yet. let`s hope Malky has had a gutful

No he hasn't. The club have borrowed £140m. I'd be mildly surprised if even a quarter of that was out of his own bankroll.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:22 - Oct 10 with 4594 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 13:09 - Oct 10 by raynor94

It's presumably all about selling on as a going concern to an even bigger numpty presumably. Or extracting as much of the TV money as possible through debt repayments and dividends (if he can show a nominal profit) whilst keeping them in the PL. In the meantime he will do all h can to appeal to that prospective numpty (cetainly asian) buyer/investor. So red shirts and dragons and God knows what else it is. If he can't sell and things go wrong on the field, then things may wll become a little bit interesting and even more nutty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 00:21 - Oct 11 with 4158 viewsJackoBoostardo

We all knew (with the exception of the blind Cardiff supporters) that Tan was purely in this for the money. He has absolutely no interest in the club, team or supporters as we can see - and he is blatant with his actions.

My comments on liquidation were tongue in cheek - he does now have an interest in Cardiff but I do not believe all of the so called money invested is his own. Additionally, this walking goof merchant is a sesame seed short of a bigmac - he clearly isn't all there.

What would happen if he started "doing a Petty" and started selling players - as he now owns the vast outright majority of the club? Would the fans be able to bail their club out and buy Tan out of this share? Bearing in mind the shares held and overall debt that now needs to be repaid? It's a far cry from the fans uprising that Swansea made.

But who's to say Tan won't keep goofing up - making his stock value plummet? Pulling out may seem an option in this case.

This is quite a remarkable story - even for football. Personally, I'm also enjoying every second of it.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 07:00 - Oct 11 with 4054 viewsLord_Bony

There is nothing the fans ,players,management can do now.
He owns the lot and can pull the plug anytime he wants to call in the cash.

By the time this vampire has finished sucking every last drop from CCFC inc there won t be much left just a dried up husk of it s former self.

If he can sack his main scout and replace him with an un experienced painter and decorator just to piss off Malky,then there's no telling what this fruit loop will get up to in the near future.

If the fans turn against him then things will get real nasty....you mark my words here.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 07:57 - Oct 11 with 3964 viewslonglostjack

I would have thought that now is the best time for him to sell the club. Maybe he's deliberately creating a selling story top four potential but selling for personal reasons ( fan opposition to my plans) etc. If no buyer is found it's asset stripping time!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:02 - Oct 11 with 3948 viewsaberdude

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 07:57 - Oct 11 by longlostjack

I would have thought that now is the best time for him to sell the club. Maybe he's deliberately creating a selling story top four potential but selling for personal reasons ( fan opposition to my plans) etc. If no buyer is found it's asset stripping time!

asset strip>>>>>I like that one>>>>>fk me if this guy cashed in both welsh clubs..he wouldn't have enough money 2 décor his bathroom.
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:07 - Oct 11 with 3928 viewsel_pancho

Surely Tan would have made bad investments before - at what point does he think enough is enough and cut his losses and just go on a salvage mission?

Otherwise he will end up pouring more into this empty hole.

He will never make 140m back from CCFC.

I feel his end game is to get back as much as possible from the club.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:08 - Oct 11 with 3926 viewsWarwickHunt

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:02 - Oct 11 by aberdude

asset strip>>>>>I like that one>>>>>fk me if this guy cashed in both welsh clubs..he wouldn't have enough money 2 décor his bathroom.

How do you "décor" a bathroom, f*ckwit?
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:19 - Oct 11 with 3894 viewsaberdude

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:08 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

How do you "décor" a bathroom, f*ckwit?

f*ckwit.....lol

its when someone gets a bathroom that isn't placed in a shed in the back yard..........then you can have the luxury décor and the comfort.....you could even light a few scented candles>>>>>yes I did say that "scented" yes scented candles>>>>>>what are them I here you ask>>>>u will get them in about twenty years time <ok>

wowik nice place for the welsh hey
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:24 - Oct 11 with 3873 viewsAl_Bundy

Second city syndrome thread again... zzz
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:26 - Oct 11 with 3868 viewsSnowgoon

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:19 - Oct 11 by aberdude

f*ckwit.....lol

its when someone gets a bathroom that isn't placed in a shed in the back yard..........then you can have the luxury décor and the comfort.....you could even light a few scented candles>>>>>yes I did say that "scented" yes scented candles>>>>>>what are them I here you ask>>>>u will get them in about twenty years time <ok>

I've noticed you've shoehorned a couple of "Welsh" references in your posts. Do you sit at your screen wearing a Welsh costume, whilst fondling a daffodil with Dafydd Iwan blasting out of the Ipodio?

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:27 - Oct 11 with 3866 viewslonglostjack

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:02 - Oct 11 by aberdude

Is that the same guy who's worried about a £10m overspend on his transfer budget

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 08:57 - Oct 11 with 3796 viewsWarwickHunt

f*ckwit.....lol

"Décor" isn't a verb, f*ckwit.

Scented candles eh? Do you think they'll blend in with my Philippe Starck shower in the wet room?
I may consider them for the guest bedroom's en suite though. Ta, butt.

Aberdare - posh as f*ck.
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 09:37 - Oct 11 with 3712 viewsBrynmill_Jack

f*ckwit.....lol

I think he knows what scented candles are you rem, he lives and has lived in London for quite a few years now. Outside bathrooms? Not down here old son, that's probably more likely down your neck of the woods. And as for his user name, try reading it quickly. It will all make sense then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 10:28 - Oct 11 with 3614 viewshammy

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:12 - Oct 10 by Catullus

And if he does convert all that debt to equity we'll all be left with lots of egg dripping from our collective faces, IF!!
But given the latest fiasco I have to wonder how he made so much money. Is he very shrewd or, completely bonkers and a very lucky man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Tan

From his WP page it seems to suggest that he has had friends in high places within the Malaysian Govt, which has helped him with his business interests ! Seems that he was able to purchase both the MacDonald's and national lottery franchises in the early 80s (supposedly without any competition). Probably no different to what goes on behind closed doors in most countries !!

I tend to give these self-made billionaires less credit than most people. Fair enough they have been able to generate extreme wealth but it usually relates to being in the right place at the right time with a huge slice of luck.

I think it's going to be very entertaining to see how the whole Carediff saga plays out over the coming months / years. Tan will get more and more erratic as his "business plans" are challenged / compromised by various people, including the press, and (hopefully) poor results on the field.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 10:49 - Oct 11 with 3551 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 10:28 - Oct 11 by hammy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Tan

From his WP page it seems to suggest that he has had friends in high places within the Malaysian Govt, which has helped him with his business interests ! Seems that he was able to purchase both the MacDonald's and national lottery franchises in the early 80s (supposedly without any competition). Probably no different to what goes on behind closed doors in most countries !!

I tend to give these self-made billionaires less credit than most people. Fair enough they have been able to generate extreme wealth but it usually relates to being in the right place at the right time with a huge slice of luck.

I think it's going to be very entertaining to see how the whole Carediff saga plays out over the coming months / years. Tan will get more and more erratic as his "business plans" are challenged / compromised by various people, including the press, and (hopefully) poor results on the field.

Weren't there reports coming out of Malaysia that he'd had a bust up with their government over some of his gambling operations back home?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 10:56 - Oct 11 with 3538 viewsJackhero

Just spoken to a hardcore Red (who is always in the know as well he'll tell you) and I had the most surprising answer back from him. I said Tan will f**k you up once he has 98%, His reply was.....'we're already F**ked!'

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:05 - Oct 11 with 3516 viewsmonmouth

f*ckwit.....lol

You thought he was from Warwick???

You really are a f***wit dude.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:15 - Oct 11 with 3503 viewsWarwickHunt

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:05 - Oct 11 by monmouth

You thought he was from Warwick???

You really are a f***wit dude.

I'm not convinced English is his first language...
Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:34 - Oct 11 with 3449 viewshammy

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 10:49 - Oct 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Weren't there reports coming out of Malaysia that he'd had a bust up with their government over some of his gambling operations back home?

Yes, thought there was something in the press a few years ago ... maybe that's why he's over here instead of over there !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 11:47 - Oct 11 with 3401 viewsLord_Bony

Cardiff City Takeover nearly complete on 07:00 - Oct 11 by Lord_Bony

There is nothing the fans ,players,management can do now.
He owns the lot and can pull the plug anytime he wants to call in the cash.

By the time this vampire has finished sucking every last drop from CCFC inc there won t be much left just a dried up husk of it s former self.

If he can sack his main scout and replace him with an un experienced painter and decorator just to piss off Malky,then there's no telling what this fruit loop will get up to in the near future.

If the fans turn against him then things will get real nasty....you mark my words here.

He has said time and again if the fans turn against him then he will walk...

That is when he will be most dangerous like a cornered rat.

Out of spite I think he will throw a few grenades before he finally leaves.

Hope for CCFC sake it does nt come to that.personally,I would not want to see any british football league club with a long history get screwed over and dumped by the wayside by foreign businessmen who don t know what the feck they Re doing.Blackburn is a classic example.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024