Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy 20:43 - Oct 15 with 6110 viewsEuropaJack

1-0 England

Blog: Diplomatic - But Time To Bin International Friendlies

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 20:45 - Oct 15 with 3620 viewsDarran

Great player who'll end up with the goal and caps record.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 20:48 - Oct 15 with 3590 viewscentrestandswan

Come on England , JJS in time for Rio !

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 3452 viewsGrandPrix

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 23:49 - Oct 15 with 3357 viewsImAlrightJack

Goal and caps record so what?, back in 1966 when England were actually good, they didn't play pub teams in order to qualify all the time. This goal record is meaningless anyway and Rooney is an overrated twunt, just a thug on a football field. Lets see how he fares against decent teams.

Nothing great about the goal, and why are you lot pleased about it?, Wales don't even appear on the Union Jack, and that's because in the 1600's when the flag was launched, Wales was part of England. British representatives maybe why?, just get real.

F**k em, and celebrating qualifying for the World Cup as if they've already won it, is worse than Arsenal going barmy after finishing 4th, when they once went unbeaten in a whole season. Just demonstrates the come down in quality for both teams since their long-gone days of when they were massive. They were EXPECTED to qualify and Roy is a god now.

Won't watch any England games either, especially that Sheffield Wednesday band. Poor taste in music, poor taste in football team. At least when the Netherlands has a brass band, it actually added to the atmosphere.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2013 23:51]
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 06:34 - Oct 16 with 3247 viewsAndy1300

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 23:49 - Oct 15 by ImAlrightJack

Goal and caps record so what?, back in 1966 when England were actually good, they didn't play pub teams in order to qualify all the time. This goal record is meaningless anyway and Rooney is an overrated twunt, just a thug on a football field. Lets see how he fares against decent teams.

Nothing great about the goal, and why are you lot pleased about it?, Wales don't even appear on the Union Jack, and that's because in the 1600's when the flag was launched, Wales was part of England. British representatives maybe why?, just get real.

F**k em, and celebrating qualifying for the World Cup as if they've already won it, is worse than Arsenal going barmy after finishing 4th, when they once went unbeaten in a whole season. Just demonstrates the come down in quality for both teams since their long-gone days of when they were massive. They were EXPECTED to qualify and Roy is a god now.

Won't watch any England games either, especially that Sheffield Wednesday band. Poor taste in music, poor taste in football team. At least when the Netherlands has a brass band, it actually added to the atmosphere.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2013 23:51]

I don't get why Welsh people support england, I hope they fail miserably.

Number 1 team in Wales

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 07:44 - Oct 16 with 3197 viewsQuakerJack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 06:34 - Oct 16 by Andy1300

Seconded. The only reason I'm glad they've qualified is it gives me someone to cheer on in Brazil - whoever their opponents are.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 07:44 - Oct 16 with 3193 viewsymaohyd

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 06:34 - Oct 16 by Andy1300

Ditto.

It will be interesting to see if the press actually show some intelligence now and analyse why they have failed at so many previous tournaments and try to help England approach Brazil, with an appropriate level of perspective.

As usual though we will all have to put up with 9 odd months of how good England are!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:06 - Oct 16 with 3177 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 07:44 - Oct 16 by QuakerJack

Seconded. The only reason I'm glad they've qualified is it gives me someone to cheer on in Brazil - whoever their opponents are.

I dont get this sucking up to e-@~a+d makes me sick.
Login to get fewer ads

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:07 - Oct 16 with 3174 viewsymaohyd

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 20:45 - Oct 15 by Darran

Great player who'll end up with the goal and caps record.

In England terms you'd have to say that Rooney is a great player.

The problem though is that players, whom England term 'Great' on the world stage aren't.

Consistently when England reach a finals tournament, their 'great' players very rarely turn a game for them, unlike the other 'great' players over the generations, e.g. Maradona, Cruyff, Gullit, Van Basten, to name a few.

It's about 9 months to the finals, however you can probably already write the reports, England will be difficult to beat, but will show little attacking flair, will go out on their shields but their 'great' players will show little if any moments of true top level class.

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:08 - Oct 16 with 3172 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 07:44 - Oct 16 by ymaohyd

Ditto.

It will be interesting to see if the press actually show some intelligence now and analyse why they have failed at so many previous tournaments and try to help England approach Brazil, with an appropriate level of perspective.

As usual though we will all have to put up with 9 odd months of how good England are!

Nah they,ve won it already myn. Lol.
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:09 - Oct 16 with 3168 viewsDarran

Lots of Jealousy going on here I see,just because Wales are so shit at football don't cry about it mun.

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:23 - Oct 16 with 3148 viewsymaohyd

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:09 - Oct 16 by Darran

Lots of Jealousy going on here I see,just because Wales are so shit at football don't cry about it mun.

Yes we are 'shit' as you say, however I will always be proud to be Welsh and not have a sycophantic attitude towards the English.

Credit where it's due, to go to places like the Ukraine and Poland and not lose one qualifying game takes some doing.

They are though, the most arrogant nation on earth in my opinion, yet will show little humility in light of the fact that they must unofficially be the most underperforming national team on the planet! {all things considered].

The Swans have shown respect and intelligence as to how football should be played and we've gained hugely from that. After another false dawn after Brazil we'll have the same arguments that I've been listening to for decades from the English media, why don't our kids learn how to master the ball like the continentals? why do kids play on full size pitches? Ya de Ya.

It gives me enormous pleasure though, as I get little pleasure from my 'shit' national team.

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:25 - Oct 16 with 3147 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:09 - Oct 16 by Darran

Not jealous, just get sick of them being rammed down my throat. Anthother typical response from you, keep up the good work eh? Lol.
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:33 - Oct 16 with 3131 viewsDarran

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:25 - Oct 16 by blaenaugwentjack

Not jealous, just get sick of them being rammed down my throat. Anthother typical response from you, keep up the good work eh? Lol.

Where's it being rammed down your throat then?

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 11:39 - Oct 16 with 3072 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 08:33 - Oct 16 by Darran

Where's it being rammed down your throat then?

Tv, newspapers???
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 11:49 - Oct 16 with 3050 viewstreboethjack

Personally I think a Welshman supporting England is just as bad as a Londoner supporting United or Liverpool etc. I'll support Wales whether they're 150th in the world or 5th.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 11:51 - Oct 16 with 3046 viewsSwanzay

Radio 5 Live had a phone in this morning about whether england can re-live 1966 (yet again) and win the World Cup in Brazil.

The UK press are in a continuous cyclone of all things 1966 every time there is a World Cup and its still 9 months away.

Annoying!
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 12:12 - Oct 16 with 3025 viewsDarran

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 11:49 - Oct 16 by treboethjack

Personally I think a Welshman supporting England is just as bad as a Londoner supporting United or Liverpool etc. I'll support Wales whether they're 150th in the world or 5th.

What about foreigners supporting Swansea?

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 12:33 - Oct 16 with 2999 viewstreboethjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 12:12 - Oct 16 by Darran

What about foreigners supporting Swansea?

That's a good question to be fair! but it still stands, they should support their local team. Other people see different and that's fine by me. If they then chose to support another team in a foreign country as well as their local then that's their call. I've just never been able to grasp why people support teams they have no affiliation with.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:04 - Oct 16 with 2979 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People support teams by going to watch them play. Others follow a team's results from afar without ever seeing them play.

I think you can still support your team after moving away if you get to the occasional game. People who you see in Swansea with Man U and Liverpool tops on who have never been to Old Trafford or Anfield are not supporters of those clubs in my eyes, they merely follow their results. They may think differently but that's my view for what it's worth.

I sometimes wonder whether I would still be a Swans supporter if I'd moved to somewhere like Newcastle in my early twenties and lived there for the rest of my life. I know it's an unwritten rule that you never change your team but under circumstances like that where is the point when Newcastle becomes your local team? Maybe when you've lived there longer than you ever lived in Swansea?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:12 - Oct 16 with 2963 viewspencoedjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 11:49 - Oct 16 by treboethjack

Luckily English people don't kick up such a fuss about Welsh clubs playing in the English league.

Couldn't see us taking 2600 to Valencia if we had won the Welsh league and were not representing ENGLAND.

The majority of Welsh people have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to England.

PS

Where has the Union Jack smiley gone ?
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:14 - Oct 16 with 2958 viewsDarran

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:12 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Luckily English people don't kick up such a fuss about Welsh clubs playing in the English league.

Couldn't see us taking 2600 to Valencia if we had won the Welsh league and were not representing ENGLAND.

The majority of Welsh people have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to England.

PS

Where has the Union Jack smiley gone ?

Great post Penc.

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 2935 viewspencoedjack

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:14 - Oct 16 by Darran

Great post Penc.

I cant understand why anyone the day after England qualify for the World cup listen to national radio or buy national press, it is obvious that it will report on England qualifying.

Why not listen to radio Wales and buy the Western Mail ?
Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:26 - Oct 16 with 2923 viewsDarran

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:24 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

I cant understand why anyone the day after England qualify for the World cup listen to national radio or buy national press, it is obvious that it will report on England qualifying.

Why not listen to radio Wales and buy the Western Mail ?

I haven't listened to one second of it,they even played Cheap Trick on Planet Rock earlier.

Rooooooooneyyyyyyyy on 13:28 - Oct 16 with 2918 viewsChief

Dislike the England football team immensely but wasn't too disheartened to see them qualify as i absolutely adore the mass media hysteria and scapegoating when they inevitably get knocked out earlier than they think they should.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024