Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread 18:32 - Oct 24 with 22296 viewsmawdlamjack

can see us winning this one by two or three goals. we have a great shot of reaching the last 32

pinch me i'm dreaming.

bloomin loves it i do, innit mun.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 08:41 - Oct 25 with 2516 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:12 - Oct 24 by ItchySphincter

Of course we do. There are those that think JJS and Canas are the best thing since sliced bread but they have no idea about how we play. The posters I mean, not the players.

Canas is good in possession but out of possession his positional sense (particularly in the transition phase when the opponents win the ball back) is awful. You'd have to be nuttier than a squirrel in a KP factory to say he's better than Leon IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 08:48 - Oct 25 with 2508 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:42 - Oct 24 by 3swan

Again a game where we played off tempo and the performance suffered. A 15 min spell in the second half we showed what we are capable of but then showed our naive side. We lacked a leader on the pitch to control our game, we rushed simple passes and gave the ball away. Very biased towards Leon but without him we are half a team.
They threatened to score in the way they did a few times in the first half but did we learn. Shelvey, long passes in the first half, then simple passes in the second............. did ML have a quiet word at half time?
Nowhere near the end of the world, but shows that we rely on 3 or 4 players being ever present

Yep, and the DocW's following post. We are out of sorts just now as a team. No movement, no threat and not much confidence. The good news is that it can switch quickly, but I suspect we might get another couple of turgid performances yet....unless the atmosphere of the derby picks them up. Make no mistake, both Ham and BendoverBirds will play the run around and press game that we've looked a bit inept against lately, and both carry more threat on the break than Kuban.

The good thing is that even playing like that we are creating a golden chance or two and will still pick up points. Not nice to look at though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 09:28 - Oct 25 with 2463 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 08:41 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

Canas is good in possession but out of possession his positional sense (particularly in the transition phase when the opponents win the ball back) is awful. You'd have to be nuttier than a squirrel in a KP factory to say he's better than Leon IMO

He's no Joey Allen that's for sure. Decent player, but still adjusting to us I think. Strange how MM's signings last year slotted in more quickly than this years' seem to be. Shows how lucky we were with Chico, Michu, Vorm - bargains of the century those.

I'm liking the progress Amat is making though (the silver lining of Ash's injury). I like the mobility of Alvaro. Pozuelo flatters to deceive a bit - I thought he was going to be the new gem, but he's struggled as a starter lately. JJS impresses and frustrates in equal measure. Bony's struggling with our play, but does offer that 'different option' that MM wanted. So a bit of a mixed bag this year so far.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 9:36]
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 10:57 - Oct 25 with 2399 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 09:28 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

He's no Joey Allen that's for sure. Decent player, but still adjusting to us I think. Strange how MM's signings last year slotted in more quickly than this years' seem to be. Shows how lucky we were with Chico, Michu, Vorm - bargains of the century those.

I'm liking the progress Amat is making though (the silver lining of Ash's injury). I like the mobility of Alvaro. Pozuelo flatters to deceive a bit - I thought he was going to be the new gem, but he's struggled as a starter lately. JJS impresses and frustrates in equal measure. Bony's struggling with our play, but does offer that 'different option' that MM wanted. So a bit of a mixed bag this year so far.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 9:36]

Yeah, I like him on the ball. But, defensively he was awful last night. Shall I press, shall I stay? He then went and pressed and they popped it round him quite a few times

I stand by my comments that Leon is a must. He adds defensive discipline alongside technical proficiency

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:07 - Oct 25 with 2387 viewsAnotherJohn

Having slept on this one I am still very disappointed - with the overall performance, the attendance, and the naivety at the end. That is three very poor performances at home in a row (excepting the 2nd half against the bottom team). I couldn't help thinking that if we fielded that eleven every week we would be in the relegation mire. As others have said, one chink of light is that Amat is improving, although I think we are still missing Ash's leadership qualities. Other players had very up and down games. Even Angel, who generally did okay was done for pace on the goal. I wouldn't blame Tremmel too much as it looked like Angel might get in a tackle until the last moment when Balde pulled clear. Did Gerry get the merest touch on the ball? I thought he did, and if so it wasn't a pen. On this form I'm not sure where we are going to get the needed win in the Europa League.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 11:10]
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:28 - Oct 25 with 2367 viewsDarran

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:07 - Oct 25 by AnotherJohn

Having slept on this one I am still very disappointed - with the overall performance, the attendance, and the naivety at the end. That is three very poor performances at home in a row (excepting the 2nd half against the bottom team). I couldn't help thinking that if we fielded that eleven every week we would be in the relegation mire. As others have said, one chink of light is that Amat is improving, although I think we are still missing Ash's leadership qualities. Other players had very up and down games. Even Angel, who generally did okay was done for pace on the goal. I wouldn't blame Tremmel too much as it looked like Angel might get in a tackle until the last moment when Balde pulled clear. Did Gerry get the merest touch on the ball? I thought he did, and if so it wasn't a pen. On this form I'm not sure where we are going to get the needed win in the Europa League.

Three games where we won two and drew the other one.

Seriously I must be on a different f*cking planet to most other people.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:42 - Oct 25 with 2349 viewslifelong

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:07 - Oct 25 by AnotherJohn

Do you work for the Western Mail?
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 12:47 - Oct 25 with 2300 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 11:28 - Oct 25 by Darran

Three games where we won two and drew the other one.

Seriously I must be on a different f*cking planet to most other people.

Think we knew the bit about the different planet already, Darren.

I see now having had the chance to see a replay (I was at the game not watching TV) that it was Chico and not Angel that Balde outpaced.

I'm the first one to heap praise on the team when we play well, but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think we have in the last few games. Thank god for MIchu, without whom we would be in dire straits.

And 'no' (re Lifelong's post) I don't work for that awful rag.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 12:48]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 12:52 - Oct 25 with 2292 viewsperchrockjack

If /when Ludrup goes at the end of the season Tiendalli will be the first to be jettisoned. A shocking addition t our squad.
Amat might prove to be ok and CANAS aint that bad, but none are outstanding.POZUELO can alos be a very player but he s raw and maybe we didn't need to get so many raw foreign players in

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 15:07 - Oct 25 with 2237 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 12:52 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

If /when Ludrup goes at the end of the season Tiendalli will be the first to be jettisoned. A shocking addition t our squad.
Amat might prove to be ok and CANAS aint that bad, but none are outstanding.POZUELO can alos be a very player but he s raw and maybe we didn't need to get so many raw foreign players in

It's quite clear now that Pozuelo lacks the discipline to play as a winger when Michu is playing the AM role. Would like to see him have a go playing AM either behind Michu, Wilfried or Alvaro Vasquez. I genuinely believe he will be a great player one day but we're spoilt for choice ATM regarding the AM role. Perhaps we should have rested Michu to bench duty last night and put him on if necessary

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 16:34 - Oct 25 with 2192 viewsScoobyWho

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:25 - Oct 24 by Starsky

Oh shurrup ffs.
If we used him properly then you might see a difference.
When you've got 2 wingers who wont go past the full back and put in some decent crosses then all you're going to see is some neat layoffs... which he did most of the night.

Surely laudrup can see it then ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:01 - Oct 25 with 2184 viewsBonjour

Pozuelo reminds me of Trundle - tries to do a trick every time he receives the ball. If he beats a guy, he tries to beat him again. Sometimes the easy option is the right one.

Don't get me started on Dyer
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:07 - Oct 25 with 2181 viewsDarran

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:01 - Oct 25 by Bonjour

Pozuelo reminds me of Trundle - tries to do a trick every time he receives the ball. If he beats a guy, he tries to beat him again. Sometimes the easy option is the right one.

Don't get me started on Dyer

He's not as good as Trundle.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:18 - Oct 25 with 2176 viewsblackjackwood

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:18 - Oct 25 by Dull1Thomas

from where I was sat Taylor was totally out of his depth. Captain! Having a laugh or what. Slow in thought, action and a complete lack of leadership. On Poz from kick off and may have unsettled the young Spaniard.

Shelvey - another poor display
Tiendalli - another poor display and was lucky to have stayed on the pitch
Canas - forgot he was on the pitch
Bony - another poor display
Gerry - my hero .. a poor game
Poz - a poor game

Amat - much improved
Chico - thank god for Chico
Dyer - played with for no support until Rangel came on and we looked a different team - then he went off!
Shelvey - when he was passing the ball short a good game but he still takes several touches to play a first ball
Michu - played well

Rangel - excellent
Lamah - or Katherine (am I bothered) Tate
Vazques - or Schecter and he's becoming known as (personally I play him from the start in a few games to see if he adapt to our game better than Bony.

Seriously cheesed off tonight - an amateur performance with two poor teams cancelling each other put.

Completely agree with this . . . . almost . . .
Taylor has a great knack of doing nothing except going up the line, then by the time he's finished pointing, doesn't see any options then passing all the way back !!
Tremmel - worst performance I've seen from him ! Not only to blame for the penalty ( as opposed to blaming Jonjo ) but very poor distribution all night
Tiendalli much the same as Taylor ( without the pointing )
Pozuelo - In the first half laudrup was consistently shouting at him to stay out wide
Vasquez - looks more mobile than Bony but four times he had a chance to fight for the ball and each time he was so busy fighting against the defender and four times he forgot about fighting for the ball !!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 17:20]
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 21:01 - Oct 25 with 2105 viewsBonjour

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:07 - Oct 25 by Darran

He's not as good as Trundle.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 05:43 - Oct 26 with 2050 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I generally try not to comment about a game directly afterwards, because it's generally not well thought out analysis.

I was disappointed with the way we played regardless of the result. We could have squeeked out the 3 points, but Kuban deserved the draw based upon their play.

If we play well, we should beat Kuban regardless of home or away.
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 17:41 - Oct 26 with 1984 viewsPlasticman

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 05:43 - Oct 26 by JoeSoccerFan

I generally try not to comment about a game directly afterwards, because it's generally not well thought out analysis.

I was disappointed with the way we played regardless of the result. We could have squeeked out the 3 points, but Kuban deserved the draw based upon their play.

If we play well, we should beat Kuban regardless of home or away.

Looking back, I think the thing that annoyed me the most with the game, was the lack of desire shown from the team. It wasn't untill Rangel came on that I felt we started seeing some proper runs without the ball to open up for those possibilities of dangerous passes.

Most of the time it felt like everyone were standing around waiting for the ball rather than trying to run into holes without the ball to give options forward.

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024