Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 12:19 - Oct 26 with 22750 viewsisawqpratwcity

In four years on this site, haven't done one of these before.

Tough game, I'm up for the draw.

Feel free to post team news and vid links especially...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Match Thread on 17:25 - Oct 26 with 1261 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 16:58 - Oct 26 by DesertBoot

Long way to go but found out big time today. We've strolled it against poor sides thus far and couldn't up our game today. Burnley played with a tempo and although the goals came late you could never see us scoring until Chevanton started to make things happen.
Arguably a must win at Wigan now.

Why is Wigan must win?
Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 26 with 1260 viewskropotkin41

Match Thread on 17:15 - Oct 26 by AndyattheTurf

The strange thing is; that even with Austin's extraordinary record for Burnley, our record without him (even whilst he was still with us) is significantly better. Adjusting our play to suit Austin may well have caused us problems, in spite of the goals.
Playing him in a two and not just trying to get his head alone onto the end of a hoof may well work. He is a poacher like Jordan Rhodes so a second man up front should in theory be beneficial to Austin.

The thing is that we should be capable of scoring goals from all over the place. We shouldn't be relying on Austin at all. I mean he's a good striker, but look at our squad.

They were set up to go for a point today and Burnley were too good for that. When we did attack the attacks constantly ran out of steam and ideas on the edge of the Burnley box, we passed the ball back and allowed Burnley to press us out of the game.

If we can't score goals with a line-up that includes Austin, Kranjcar, Hoillet, Simpson, Assou-Ekotto, Barton......... then clearly we've got tactical problems.

Frankly today we looked lost unless we were passing backwards which I thought we executed very well.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 26 by stevec

Looked like a team that's not going to fancy cold windy days up North.

Bolton & Leeds?
Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 26 with 1257 viewsTearsofrage

Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 26 by joolsyp

You want a little wager on that? Burnley are by far the best team in the Championship on this performance and they will be promoted come May.

Interestitng remarks jools - on what do you predicate this blinding insight? Perhaps their cunning ploy of no shots in the first half? Maybe Burnley's incisive pace and accurate passing - or maybe a booked centre half who's hould have gained a red card at 0-0? Two mistakes - one by Henry, one by Ref - that's all - on a day of poor individual performances by some crucial players. Don't attempt. To assuage how poor we were by elevating Burnley - they won't go up. We will! That is if we stop using jenas as a saviour. Best eam in the division? Bolleaux!
Match Thread on 17:29 - Oct 26 with 1238 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 26 by THEBUSH

Don't see it that way, think we are good enough, but with those tactic's, we're gonna get nowhere.

Haven't done too bad (1 DEFEAT!) with "those tactics" so far!
Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 26 with 1228 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 26 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I thought we would lose today, I had us down for a 2-1 loss and we weren't able to score, shame but as long as this isn't a change of tide for QPR then no worries, but if this is the start of the end then looking back people can only say we won when we played badly and then got found out.

Plenty of time to to resume the lucky wins but let's see, this might be lesson learnt.

what lucky wins, are those then?
Match Thread on 17:35 - Oct 26 with 1194 viewsRed_Ranger

Match Thread on 17:29 - Oct 26 by PinnerPaul

Haven't done too bad (1 DEFEAT!) with "those tactics" so far!

I just sense we have lost a little tactical something since Schteve gone.
Match Thread on 17:37 - Oct 26 with 1179 viewsCHUBBS

Our 1st yes 1st defeat of the season and some of our fans are acting like a bunch of juvenile delinquents.
We lost and could well lose again this week so what you'll be like if that happens god only knows.
Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 26 with 1171 viewsstevec

Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 26 by PinnerPaul

Bolton & Leeds?

hot sunny days!
Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 26 with 1149 viewsNov77

Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 26 by kropotkin41

The thing is that we should be capable of scoring goals from all over the place. We shouldn't be relying on Austin at all. I mean he's a good striker, but look at our squad.

They were set up to go for a point today and Burnley were too good for that. When we did attack the attacks constantly ran out of steam and ideas on the edge of the Burnley box, we passed the ball back and allowed Burnley to press us out of the game.

If we can't score goals with a line-up that includes Austin, Kranjcar, Hoillet, Simpson, Assou-Ekotto, Barton......... then clearly we've got tactical problems.

Frankly today we looked lost unless we were passing backwards which I thought we executed very well.

I don't see why we should be able to score goals from all over the pitch when really we don't have any recognized goalscorers other than austin.

Barton, Henry, faurlin and o'neill are never going to contribute many goals.

Hoillett and johnson are always one game away from injury.

Zamora Is knackered.

That leaves chevanton who is unknown, and Krancjar who doesn't look match fit.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 26 with 1124 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 26 by PinnerPaul

what lucky wins, are those then?

IMHO we won many when we weren't playing all that well, 1-0s without really putting ourselves into to top gear as it were. As I said, let's see how we respond.
Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 26 with 1107 viewsDoughnut

Worried!!! Our eyes are on the Premier League and in spite of the strange love in some of us seem to have with Burnley, without Ings, they're nobody. So if we can't beat them with the likes of Krankjar, Austin, A-E, why are we even trying for promotion? Us in the top league like this, would be another season like last year. Notice Nugent , Vardy ,Ings...etc always play, week in week out,and usually score, while some of our strikers seem to be very delicate. Hopefully the ship will be steadied midweek and still have faith in Harry.
Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 26 with 1098 viewsSpiritofGregory

Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 26 by Pablo_Hoopsta

IMHO we won many when we weren't playing all that well, 1-0s without really putting ourselves into to top gear as it were. As I said, let's see how we respond.

Most of our wins have not been convincing and we won them against poor opposition. Have we got a top gear, evidence from the last two games suggest that we haven't. Millwall showed last week that we can't cope against teams who harass us. Our little princesses expect time on the ball, they need to cut that out and start passing at a high tempo.

Harry needs to stop isolating Austin and pick a balanced hard working midfield.
Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 27 with 913 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 26 by stevec

hot sunny days!

Where Kranjcar comes from it gets a lot colder than 15C in Burnley, Austinn played there for years, Hill & Dunne don't like it up North? I could go on....come on - you've got to do better than that!
Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 27 with 909 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 26 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I agree with that, but hand on heart you can't say they were "lucky" win, by the same token we could be considered "unlucky" not to beat Huddersfield, Brighton & Millwall.
Match Thread on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 877 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

I agree with that, but hand on heart you can't say they were "lucky" win, by the same token we could be considered "unlucky" not to beat Huddersfield, Brighton & Millwall.

I genuinely think we have been fortunate in a number of games. That's pretty much all I have to say on that matey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024