Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're on TV tonight.. 16:53 - Nov 1 with 1845 viewsWhiteyBFC

Again.

Paddy is doubtful (broken arse cheek apparently), but Wisey, COG and (unfortunately) TK will start.

If we lose our 7th straight away game, it will be the worst ever start to a season away, in our history. Which is yet another unwanted club record for Flicker.

Can't see us getting owt. But I'll be sat drinking Stella and by 7.45pm will have hopefully found enough optimism to fancy a point.

Would have come along to Spotland tomorrow, but I'm accompanying r lass to Ewood Park to watch her boy on the bench for Boro.
We're on TV tonight.. on 17:14 - Nov 1 with 1791 views442Dale

Hope that useless get Jennings is out getting fit on the streets of Barnsley rather than anywhere near Portman Road.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We're on TV tonight.. on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 1760 viewsWhiteyBFC

We're on TV tonight.. on 17:14 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Hope that useless get Jennings is out getting fit on the streets of Barnsley rather than anywhere near Portman Road.

Was quality in the u21's win against Leeds the other night. But he looked like a pub player in more ways than one last weekend.

I expect Flicker to bring Etuhu or Dawson in tonight. With Perkins and Fox.

Jesus wept.

13 games in and still hasn't realised that us setting up to stop the other team isn't working.

I blame Keith.
We're on TV tonight.. on 17:45 - Nov 1 with 1730 views442Dale

We're on TV tonight.. on 17:29 - Nov 1 by WhiteyBFC

Was quality in the u21's win against Leeds the other night. But he looked like a pub player in more ways than one last weekend.

I expect Flicker to bring Etuhu or Dawson in tonight. With Perkins and Fox.

Jesus wept.

13 games in and still hasn't realised that us setting up to stop the other team isn't working.

I blame Keith.

Etuhu would be a better bet than Dawson, but then only in a three and if Mellis can play behind the front two. In fact do that and let Paddy play the free role with his painful backside.

We're on TV tonight.. on 17:56 - Nov 1 with 1704 viewsWhiteyBFC

We're on TV tonight.. on 17:45 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Etuhu would be a better bet than Dawson, but then only in a three and if Mellis can play behind the front two. In fact do that and let Paddy play the free role with his painful backside.

We can see what needs doing, and even a neutral like yourself can. So why can't he?

I'd be well behind his negative outlook if it was gaining us points and clean sheets.

It isn't.

If Paddy isn't playing then neither am I. I'm taking my ball home.
We're on TV tonight.. on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 1697 viewsusername

Is it on sky sports?
We're on TV tonight.. on 18:02 - Nov 1 with 1697 views442Dale

We're on TV tonight.. on 18:01 - Nov 1 by username

Is it on sky sports?

Yep. SS1.

We're on TV tonight.. on 19:21 - Nov 1 with 1612 views442Dale

Paddy starts.

It's his sixth start in a row, doubt he's ever done that before.

We're on TV tonight.. on 20:34 - Nov 1 with 1528 viewsColDale

We'd beat Barnsley
Login to get fewer ads

We're on TV tonight.. on 20:37 - Nov 1 with 1523 viewspnc4eva1

It is interesting seeing how our development squad copes with the Championship

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:13 - Nov 1 with 1466 views442Dale

Barnsley are a bit better this half, but that wouldn't take much. Don't get Flicker's thinking at times, starting off as negatively as they did with the midfield two barely moving was always a risk if you can't defend set-pieces. Should have just gone for it.

Wiseman and TK look two different full backs now. And it's not for the better.

Edit: he can thank me later. Game on.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2013 21:15]

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:18 - Nov 1 with 1452 viewsColDale

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:13 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Barnsley are a bit better this half, but that wouldn't take much. Don't get Flicker's thinking at times, starting off as negatively as they did with the midfield two barely moving was always a risk if you can't defend set-pieces. Should have just gone for it.

I know its a higher level, but when COG was with us, he did an interview and put his success at Spotland down to him being treated as a footballer and not as a target man as too many managers had taken a look at him and decided thats what he should be. 95% of the balls to him tonight have been twelve inches above his head.
We're on TV tonight.. on 21:45 - Nov 1 with 1407 viewsSalwaDale

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:13 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Wiseman and Kennedy looking the same fullbacks, just playing at a much higher standard.

TBBT

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:46 - Nov 1 with 1403 views442Dale

Good point for Barnsley in the end, but Flicker will continue to be marmite amongst Yorkshire types if he sends put sides not to lose rather than the one that forced Ipswich back after the break. If its a specific tactic then it doesn't work when you're conceding regularly, if its the players not playing at the right tempo don't pick the likes of Mellis in positions that don't suit them.

When the aforementioned Kennedy and Wiseman played 25-30 yards further up the pitch, Barnsley looked like they would win it and that was the way Flitcroft had them playing last season.

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:49 - Nov 1 with 1389 views442Dale

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:45 - Nov 1 by SalwaDale

Wiseman and Kennedy looking the same fullbacks, just playing at a much higher standard.

Both have been more effective when used centrally at that level, which says a lot. However, as the second half illustrated, a lot depends on tactics. TK spent the first 45 playing the same ball, which was ok on occasion but not to the point Ipswich were set for it every time he got the ball.

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:50 - Nov 1 with 1385 viewsSalwaDale

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:46 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Good point for Barnsley in the end, but Flicker will continue to be marmite amongst Yorkshire types if he sends put sides not to lose rather than the one that forced Ipswich back after the break. If its a specific tactic then it doesn't work when you're conceding regularly, if its the players not playing at the right tempo don't pick the likes of Mellis in positions that don't suit them.

When the aforementioned Kennedy and Wiseman played 25-30 yards further up the pitch, Barnsley looked like they would win it and that was the way Flitcroft had them playing last season.

All about momentum really. As Barnsley became more and more dominant 2nd half Kennedy and Wiseman were able to play a part offensively. Couldn't do that first half.

On the subject of our ex-players, Perkins has looked superb in both recent t'Barnsley TV games.

TBBT

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:58 - Nov 1 with 1360 views442Dale

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:50 - Nov 1 by SalwaDale

All about momentum really. As Barnsley became more and more dominant 2nd half Kennedy and Wiseman were able to play a part offensively. Couldn't do that first half.

On the subject of our ex-players, Perkins has looked superb in both recent t'Barnsley TV games.

Yep, the shift in tactics to go onto the front foot suited them more.

Perkins arrived in the game a few years too late, amazing to think he's 31. The signing of Fox has steadied them a bit but not sure that he and Perkins together create enough. Suppose that's where Paddy comes in.

We're on TV tonight.. on 11:13 - Nov 2 with 1121 viewsWhiteyBFC

We're on TV tonight.. on 21:58 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Yep, the shift in tactics to go onto the front foot suited them more.

Perkins arrived in the game a few years too late, amazing to think he's 31. The signing of Fox has steadied them a bit but not sure that he and Perkins together create enough. Suppose that's where Paddy comes in.

Perkins and Fox shouldn't be played together. They offer less than nothing in an attacking sense. I'd play O'Brien and Paddy as wingers, which would enable TK and Wisey to push on, too. And Fox OR Perkins with Mellis central.

Jacob is getting absolute dogs abuse on our forum but I've stopped posting on there for the time being as I got sick of the same old personal tiffs. So I'm unable to go on and defend him, which is a shame.

However, when the majority have formed a view that you disagree with you maybe have to accept they could all be right. Perhaps my defence of Mellis is wrong, and my criticism of Kennedy harsh?

Ah well. Good point I suppose in the end. I was ready for Flicker to pack his bags at half time after watching HOOF for half an hour. Second half saved him. Let's hope he can now realise that trying to win/attack is what kept us up last season, and what will keep us up this season.

Three games unbeaten, with a few more poorer sides coming up.

Good luck to Dale this afternoon. I'll be in Blackburn, for my sins.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024