Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romanians coming to Britain.. 19:51 - Nov 13 with 10809 viewsKeyserSoze

There has been a lot said on here about personal arguments and a lack of debate, so I thought i'd start a thread on something that hopefully people have insightful opinions and differing views on.

So, with Romanians gaining easier access to the UK and the same rights to the NHS etc as other EU countries in January, what impact do you think this will have on the UK?

I personally think it is a bad idea.

Debate...

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:02 - Nov 13 with 5878 viewsDarran

I was talking to someone the other day that was slagging the NHS off,personally having seen a lot of it I don't think it's that much different to what it's always been it just can't cope with the amount of people it's having to treat.

We shouldn't be in Europe and they shouldn't be allowed to come here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:07 - Nov 13 with 5872 viewsexiledclaseboy

I heard on the radio the other week that the amount of Bulgarians and Romanians who actually have any intention of coming here is nowhere near the hype. I can't remember the source though.

Poll: Tory leader

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:09 - Nov 13 with 5867 viewsKeyserSoze

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:02 - Nov 13 by Darran

I was talking to someone the other day that was slagging the NHS off,personally having seen a lot of it I don't think it's that much different to what it's always been it just can't cope with the amount of people it's having to treat.

Is the correct answer.

It's a bit of a circle, they say the NHS wouldn't survive without foreign doctors/nurses etc, but we would need a lot less NHS staff if there were less people to treat!

It's funny how people say the NHS has gone downhill over the years which funnily enough coincides with the huge influx of immigration into the UK.

This isn't a 'I hate foreigners' post, I just don't feel our infrastructure can carry on coping and running efficiently if we have another flood of people coming in from abroad.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:10 - Nov 13 with 5862 viewsDarran

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:09 - Nov 13 by KeyserSoze

Is the correct answer.

It's a bit of a circle, they say the NHS wouldn't survive without foreign doctors/nurses etc, but we would need a lot less NHS staff if there were less people to treat!

It's funny how people say the NHS has gone downhill over the years which funnily enough coincides with the huge influx of immigration into the UK.

This isn't a 'I hate foreigners' post, I just don't feel our infrastructure can carry on coping and running efficiently if we have another flood of people coming in from abroad.

I agree.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:18 - Nov 13 with 5850 viewsexiledclaseboy

The problems in the NHS are far more complex and wide ranging than just reducing it to "too many immigrants" in my opinion. Immigration is undoubtedly a factor but far from being the only or even the major factor.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 5843 viewsexiledclaseboy

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/10/flood-romanian-migrants-not

This wasn't what I mentioned earlier but comes to a similar conclusion.

Probably leftie liberal claptrap though. You know what they're like.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:20 - Nov 13 with 5842 viewsDarran

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:18 - Nov 13 by exiledclaseboy

The problems in the NHS are far more complex and wide ranging than just reducing it to "too many immigrants" in my opinion. Immigration is undoubtedly a factor but far from being the only or even the major factor.

It's not the major factor I agree.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 5836 viewsorion3016

Simple economics
They will put even greater burden on the governments finances, which means our finances

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:28 - Nov 13 with 5830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:24 - Nov 13 by orion3016

Simple economics
They will put even greater burden on the governments finances, which means our finances

Well no it's not that simple because they'll be coming here to work and mostly do the sub-minimum wage jobs Brits don't want. It's largely another myth that most of eastern Europe is here to leech or benefits system.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:31 - Nov 13 with 5822 viewsKeyserSoze

I am just as worried about the crime, living in London I imagine we'll bear the brunt of the pickpocketing etc that seems prevalent among the Roma Gypsy community.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:34 - Nov 13 with 5818 viewsorion3016

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:28 - Nov 13 by exiledclaseboy

Well no it's not that simple because they'll be coming here to work and mostly do the sub-minimum wage jobs Brits don't want. It's largely another myth that most of eastern Europe is here to leech or benefits system.

Yes they will work but they'll target the nhs and the cost of that will outweigh the productivity

Be over there now after

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:36 - Nov 13 with 5815 viewsexiledclaseboy

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:34 - Nov 13 by orion3016

Yes they will work but they'll target the nhs and the cost of that will outweigh the productivity

What do you mean by "target" the NHS? They're deliberately going to get ill while they're here so they can use it? Or they're going to use it to get treatment they don't need just because it's there? I'm confused.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:40 - Nov 13 with 5806 viewsorion3016

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:36 - Nov 13 by exiledclaseboy

What do you mean by "target" the NHS? They're deliberately going to get ill while they're here so they can use it? Or they're going to use it to get treatment they don't need just because it's there? I'm confused.

From 1st hand experience European workers come here with pre existing conditions and will be in to see a GP very quickly then push for treatment & operations with the supported care our excellent and world renowned health service provides
It's not necessarily the workers but the immediate family they bring with them that cost us

Be over there now after

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:44 - Nov 13 with 5796 viewsexiledclaseboy

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:40 - Nov 13 by orion3016

From 1st hand experience European workers come here with pre existing conditions and will be in to see a GP very quickly then push for treatment & operations with the supported care our excellent and world renowned health service provides
It's not necessarily the workers but the immediate family they bring with them that cost us

Ah I see, slightly different to your original point but a fair concern I suppose. I doubt that's a large scale problem though. It goes back to my point though that immigration is only one of the problems facing the NHS. Idiotic politicians is its main problem.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:09 - Nov 13 with 5751 viewsPureRockFury

What have the Romanians ever done for us?

Even the bad times were good.

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:10 - Nov 13 with 5745 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

We are sleep walking into the abyss.
Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:15 - Nov 13 with 5737 viewsexiledclaseboy

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:10 - Nov 13 by JacksawayatWalesgame

We are sleep walking into the abyss.

Heaping up our own funeral pyre...

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:59 - Nov 13 with 5701 viewsFree_Willy

The positives are that Businesses can lower wages and slum landlords can make a killing in providing government subsidized housing and youth unemployment will rise.
Romanians coming to Britain.. on 22:04 - Nov 13 with 5694 viewsKeyserSoze

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:09 - Nov 13 by PureRockFury

hmmmm I don't know?

HAVE YOU FORGOT THE 5-1 THRASHING IN 1992 IN THE WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS?!?!?!

OR THAT THEY KILL DOGS FOR FUN

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Romania-EU-stray-dog-killings/story-19780641-d

THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN THEY'RE RICHER THAN US AS WELL THE UPPER CLASS SNOBS

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/09/wales-romania-poland-slovakia-europea

ffs some people are so ignorant

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 22:20 - Nov 13 with 5682 viewsorion3016

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 21:09 - Nov 13 by PureRockFury

Roads, sanitation & the aquaduct

Be over there now after

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 22:21 - Nov 13 with 5681 viewsNOTRAC

To Romania or not to remain here, that is the question.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 23:05 - Nov 13 with 5655 viewsossie_jacks

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 20:02 - Nov 13 by Darran

spot on
Romanians coming to Britain.. on 23:34 - Nov 13 with 5639 viewsLord_Bony

But the women are lovely

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 23:39 - Nov 13 with 5632 viewsDarran

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 23:34 - Nov 13 by Lord_Bony

But the women are lovely

Really?

Romanians coming to Britain.. on 23:40 - Nov 13 with 5615 viewsLord_Bony

Oh yes 9s&10s abound...apart from the fortune teller types of course...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024