Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Nights Goals? 11:29 - Dec 4 with 4076 viewss1cRanger

Cant find them anywhere anyone able to post a link please??

Cheers
Last Nights Goals? on 12:00 - Dec 4 with 4028 viewsInglesio

Last Nights Goals? on 12:02 - Dec 4 with 4013 viewss1cRanger

Excellent! Thanks
Last Nights Goals? on 12:03 - Dec 4 with 4011 viewsRedbourneR

Just watched the penalty claim again. At the time in the Lower School End I thought it was debatable if he'd handled in the area - I could see him touch the ball, no doubt about that - but on the clip you can see he's in the area. Appalling decision by the incompetent ref who was then weak for the rest of the half.

I see from Barton's twitter feed that Ian Taylor passes on that the players heard the lino say he'd handled in the area so it must have been the ref's own decision to not issue a card or give the penalty. Astonishing then, unbelievable now.
Last Nights Goals? on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 3945 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Last Nights Goals? on 12:03 - Dec 4 by RedbourneR

Just watched the penalty claim again. At the time in the Lower School End I thought it was debatable if he'd handled in the area - I could see him touch the ball, no doubt about that - but on the clip you can see he's in the area. Appalling decision by the incompetent ref who was then weak for the rest of the half.

I see from Barton's twitter feed that Ian Taylor passes on that the players heard the lino say he'd handled in the area so it must have been the ref's own decision to not issue a card or give the penalty. Astonishing then, unbelievable now.

Im really not surprised. We ALWAYS seem to have crap refs at LR. And even away, if the ref isnt useless then the FA sweep in (a-la our keeper getting attacked at Stoke a few years back - the fans got banned but QPR were threatened for not controlling our players!!).

FA, FIFA, UEFA and the "officials" therein are 99% incompetant, suffer from rampant inconsistency and simply unjustifiable decisions.

EDIT: Great goals though! Thanks for the link.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2013 12:24]
Last Nights Goals? on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 3941 viewsrichranger

Last Nights Goals? on 12:03 - Dec 4 by RedbourneR

Looked like to me that the lino was flagging for the attempted foul outside the box - but the defender missed the tackle and clearly handled inside the box.

Should have been a pen and sending off.
Last Nights Goals? on 12:32 - Dec 4 with 3899 viewssimmo

There looks like 2 handballs, the first is clear as day, the 2nd is covered slightly from the camera position but again looks obvious. He slides to make the challenge, goes over the ball and it hits his hand as he tries to claw it back, then the ball is ahead of him and he pushes the ball forward (with the other hand) where the 2nd defender makes a clean challenge.

The linesman obviously saw it and flagged like mad, I just think the ref didnt, didnt know who it was anyway, so gave a free kick and nothing else. It is a ridiculous decision. By giving the free kick he is saying the challnege was illegal (and he was the only thing denying Austin a clear goal scoring opportunity) or it was intentional handball but outside the area, in whcih case it is a booking anyway. The decision he made contradicts himself and I wish in these circumstances they are held accountable and asked to explain their decisions. Fckin FL72 refs...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Last Nights Goals? on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 3895 viewsLblock

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

That clip clearly shows the Cherries defender first scoops the ball with his left hand OUTSIDE the box but he scoops it into Austin's path and then (blindside to that angle) touches it with his right.
IMHO it's still a red as denied a clear goalscoring opportunity but the ref was given a get out of jail card by pulling back for first infringement as to not give penalty. However he hadn't "played on" so who knows what he was actually thinking?!?!?!

Just a shame theres a little grey area there that he'll defend himself with and get it all smoothed over by the clueless suits in expensive offices

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Last Nights Goals? on 12:38 - Dec 4 with 3884 viewssexton

Last Nights Goals? on 12:24 - Dec 4 by richranger

Looked like to me that the lino was flagging for the attempted foul outside the box - but the defender missed the tackle and clearly handled inside the box.

Should have been a pen and sending off.

I didn't think it was a foul outside the box, but it was definitely handball. The lino was in much the better position and didn't signal a pen.
Login to get fewer ads

Last Nights Goals? on 13:02 - Dec 4 with 3828 viewssimmo

Last Nights Goals? on 12:38 - Dec 4 by sexton

I didn't think it was a foul outside the box, but it was definitely handball. The lino was in much the better position and didn't signal a pen.

He didnt flag a penalty but he did flag for something , so it is one of

Intentional handball outside the area - yellow card
Foul outside the area obstructing a goalscoring opportunity - red card
Foul by Austin - Bournemouth freekick

The only thing that could have resulted in a free kick for us with no cards at all is that the defender fouled Austin outside the box, but the covering defender prevented it from being a 'clear' goalscoring opportunity and the foul was not cynical in any way to warrant a caution. He has fcked up, lucky for us it didnt matter, but he still fcked up.

Getting the yellow out for the first time against us 2 mins later just added insult to injury. I bet he thought he was proving something. Prick.

Last Nights Goals? on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 3731 viewsizlingtonhoop

L Block:

"That clip clearly shows the Cherries defender first scoops the ball with his left hand OUTSIDE the box but he scoops it into Austin's path..."

Yep. I agree.
Last Nights Goals? on 15:40 - Dec 4 with 3650 viewsInglesio

Last Nights Goals? on 14:15 - Dec 4 by izlingtonhoop

L Block:

"That clip clearly shows the Cherries defender first scoops the ball with his left hand OUTSIDE the box but he scoops it into Austin's path..."

Yep. I agree.

Free kick on edge of box and red card as clear goalscoring position denied

Last Nights Goals? on 16:04 - Dec 4 with 3609 viewssimmo

Last Nights Goals? on 15:40 - Dec 4 by Inglesio

Looking at that video Barton was lucky not to get booked. I know it is hard not to state your case when you feel there is an injustice but he's not the captain, that should be Hill putting the point across if anyone.

You can see from Charlie's reaction that he feels it was blatant, at one point O'Neil just starts laughing....

Last Nights Goals? on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 3548 viewstoboboly

Last Nights Goals? on 15:40 - Dec 4 by Inglesio

I really don't think the club putting this stuff up and asking questions of the refs will stand us in good stead tbh. The club should shut up about it on the site and on twitter.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Last Nights Goals? on 17:10 - Dec 4 with 3528 viewswhittocksRs

Last Nights Goals? on 16:55 - Dec 4 by toboboly

I really don't think the club putting this stuff up and asking questions of the refs will stand us in good stead tbh. The club should shut up about it on the site and on twitter.

Why should they shut up? HR isn't allowed to talk about it to the press or to the refs directly so how else can the club highlight what was a shocking decision.

As a side note, a really good ref would have played advantage as the ball came right to Little Tom Carroll, who had plenty of time and space to beat the keeper, who was in no man's land by that point. If he missed, then it should have been called back and a red issued immediately.
Last Nights Goals? on 17:13 - Dec 4 with 3519 viewstoboboly

Last Nights Goals? on 17:10 - Dec 4 by whittocksRs

Why should they shut up? HR isn't allowed to talk about it to the press or to the refs directly so how else can the club highlight what was a shocking decision.

As a side note, a really good ref would have played advantage as the ball came right to Little Tom Carroll, who had plenty of time and space to beat the keeper, who was in no man's land by that point. If he missed, then it should have been called back and a red issued immediately.

Because it could affect things down the line. It doesn't come across as particularly professional. Also we won, it's not like it cost us.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Last Nights Goals? on 17:36 - Dec 4 with 3490 viewssimmo

Last Nights Goals? on 17:13 - Dec 4 by toboboly

Because it could affect things down the line. It doesn't come across as particularly professional. Also we won, it's not like it cost us.

I agree, how many times during games is there a blatant penalty that should be awarded, Coleman a few weeks ago for example, when he stayed on his feet. That was as blatant (if not more so) as ours and they don't release videos.

We can bleet and moan on here because it is a forum, but the club should probably just lodge a private complaint or whatever the protocol is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024