Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? 14:48 - Dec 11 with 6528 viewsvincejack

Knew nothing about AW-10 before reading this, £100 million in the bank ready for Swansea City FC. Crazy!!

www.issuu.com/jackswan/docs/isssue_22?e=6063797/5966165
AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 18:52 - Dec 11 with 5061 viewsKingTuck

Knew nothing about him before reading that, and still know nothing about him. Can't find anything about him....
AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 20:30 - Dec 11 with 4667 viewsDarran

Is this some kind of silly piss take?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:20 - Dec 11 with 4415 viewsJackoBoostardo

Clearly a crappy Jack Swan pis5take..

Can you make out the crappy photo editing on the photo with Beyonce?

It's a terrible story of a made up interview. Don't worry too much about it.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:22 - Dec 11 with 4401 viewsDarran

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:20 - Dec 11 by JackoBoostardo

Clearly a crappy Jack Swan pis5take..

Can you make out the crappy photo editing on the photo with Beyonce?

It's a terrible story of a made up interview. Don't worry too much about it.

Yes indeed and I know that Vince is also JackSwantv its just very weird all round.

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:26 - Dec 11 with 4367 viewsJackoBoostardo

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:22 - Dec 11 by Darran

Yes indeed and I know that Vince is also JackSwantv its just very weird all round.

Clearly on shrooms mate.

shrooms and nose-flour....

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:28 - Dec 11 with 4352 viewsItchySphincter

Five minutes of my life I'll never get back. And get some decent reader client, painful.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 23:39 - Dec 11 with 3974 viewsepaul

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:28 - Dec 11 by ItchySphincter

Five minutes of my life I'll never get back. And get some decent reader client, painful.

Aye an absolute f*cking mare to navigate

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 23:53 - Dec 11 with 3932 viewsJackoBoostardo

Jackswan is a mess - 90% advertisement and 10% fail at humour.

Login to get fewer ads

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 09:58 - Dec 12 with 3592 viewscaerleon_jack

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:28 - Dec 11 by ItchySphincter

*This*

Is JackSwan written by a teenager? It's like someone had to write a fake interview for their English homework.

Insert something witty here

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:04 - Dec 12 with 3567 viewsWhiterockin

To be honest I am not interest in £100M investment in our club. I would rather we tick along as we are. Even if we were ever relegated.
AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:19 - Dec 12 with 3510 viewscaerleon_jack

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:04 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

To be honest I am not interest in £100M investment in our club. I would rather we tick along as we are. Even if we were ever relegated.

Good, because there isn't actually anyone willing to invest £100m in the Swans, it's just someone's attempt at 'humour'

Insert something witty here

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 15:10 - Dec 12 with 3167 viewsWhiterockin

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:19 - Dec 12 by caerleon_jack

Good, because there isn't actually anyone willing to invest £100m in the Swans, it's just someone's attempt at 'humour'

Yes but the principal stands.
AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 17:18 - Dec 12 with 2948 viewsJackSwanTV

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 09:58 - Dec 12 by caerleon_jack

*This*

Is JackSwan written by a teenager? It's like someone had to write a fake interview for their English homework.

teenager??????? that is the greatest compliment I have had to date, implies I could be close to taking an English GCSE, I thank you my friend :)

90% advertising is a bit of an exaggeration, for a free magazine we have as good a spit as I have seen for any mag to be honest. Really happy with current split.

Used new software to design it this issue and it saved as double pages and so when uploaded it then put two double pages together instead of two single pages, I have sorted it now so looks a lot better and easier to read.

I tell you what though, the 2001 version of paint is so much better than 1995 :)

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 17:32 - Dec 12 with 2903 viewsDarran

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 17:18 - Dec 12 by JackSwanTV

teenager??????? that is the greatest compliment I have had to date, implies I could be close to taking an English GCSE, I thank you my friend :)

90% advertising is a bit of an exaggeration, for a free magazine we have as good a spit as I have seen for any mag to be honest. Really happy with current split.

Used new software to design it this issue and it saved as double pages and so when uploaded it then put two double pages together instead of two single pages, I have sorted it now so looks a lot better and easier to read.

I tell you what though, the 2001 version of paint is so much better than 1995 :)

So WTF is the point in this article then?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:10 - Dec 12 with 2652 viewsJackSwanTV

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:14 - Dec 12 with 2625 viewsDarran

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:10 - Dec 12 by JackSwanTV

If you're honest Vince you're not very well are you?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:18 - Dec 12 with 2604 viewsJackSwanTV

haha, define 'very'

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:20 - Dec 12 with 2586 viewsDarran

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 21:18 - Dec 12 by JackSwanTV

haha, define 'very'

Not f*cking well then.

This post has been edited by an administrator

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 2494 viewsJackoBoostardo

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 17:18 - Dec 12 by JackSwanTV

Okay then, I admit it was a slight exaggeration.

More like 85.443827% advertising.

The rest may as well be advertising.

I'm not denying it's a free magazine - but surely there must be a better way of presenting the magazine with adverts. You may want to look at how other free magazines are produced.

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 2431 viewsJackSwanTV

Sorry I don't get you? this issue is a little over 50% adverts btw. the most we have done is 62.5% adverts. We print between 5,000 and 6,000 full colour glossy magazines, As i said previously, our content to adverts ratio is very very high compared to the huge majority of free magazines out there. Abuse me all you like about everything else but I'm actually proud of that :)

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:23 - Dec 12 with 2422 viewsJackoBoostardo

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:20 - Dec 12 by JackSwanTV

Sorry I don't get you? this issue is a little over 50% adverts btw. the most we have done is 62.5% adverts. We print between 5,000 and 6,000 full colour glossy magazines, As i said previously, our content to adverts ratio is very very high compared to the huge majority of free magazines out there. Abuse me all you like about everything else but I'm actually proud of that :)

So proving feedback on the magazine is now abusing you???

Okay.

My suggestion was to improve it's presentation to make it more attractive to the end reader. But guess you're not interested in feedback eh?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 2404 viewsJackSwanTV

Haha, I love feedback, started with saying 90% was adverts which isn't really too helpful feedback as it isn't anywhere near close to the mark.

I'd love ideas to improve the layout to readers :)

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 22:45 - Dec 12 with 2364 viewsJackoBoostardo

Okay. So looking at the mag I see a whole page advert on pages 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 32, 33, 38, 40, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 49, 52, 54, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 64.

That's 33 pages of full page adverts. Then let's not forget the multiple 1/2 page adverts. Considering it's a 64 page magazine the ratio between advertisments to the articles people will want to read is very low.

Then let's consider the quality of stories. The Trunds interview is fair enough, but why the need to make up interviews (ala AW-10)?? Why are the remaining pages full of unfunny jokes and poor quality pics?

I don't want to belittle your efforts too much - afterall you're trying to do a good thing. But I'd suggest gauging feedback on what people would want to see in your magazine - it can only serve to increase readership surely?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:47 - Dec 13 with 2162 viewsJackSwanTV

I did just that at the start of the season, did a survey and asked people what they would like to see in the magazine, what they liked and what they didn't like. The majority of people said that they would like to see more interviews and so we have done just that. We have doubled the size of the magazine in the last 6 months which means twice as much content (although also twice as many adverts). To be honest, the mag is really gaining in popularity, when delivering the magazine, there are very few magazines left from the previous month (less than 1%) . We wont please everyone but I will take everyones opinions on board and hope that we can put a magazine together which you like. We always welcome contributors, if you would like to write an article for us then we would be happy to look at it and go with it?

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:53 - Dec 13 with 2143 viewsItchySphincter

AW-10 ready to invest £100 million in the Swans? on 10:47 - Dec 13 by JackSwanTV

I did just that at the start of the season, did a survey and asked people what they would like to see in the magazine, what they liked and what they didn't like. The majority of people said that they would like to see more interviews and so we have done just that. We have doubled the size of the magazine in the last 6 months which means twice as much content (although also twice as many adverts). To be honest, the mag is really gaining in popularity, when delivering the magazine, there are very few magazines left from the previous month (less than 1%) . We wont please everyone but I will take everyones opinions on board and hope that we can put a magazine together which you like. We always welcome contributors, if you would like to write an article for us then we would be happy to look at it and go with it?

Keep it up. doing a great job on a shoestring. Hate the e reader thing you got going on though.

People, It's FREE ffs!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024