Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martinez 00:26 - Dec 21 with 6853 viewsrockin

I read on here at how bad a manager he was and that he'd be a disaster at Everton and what an awful job he did at Wigan.

Ummm, no.

A truly brilliant manager, just like Rodgers.

We should be proud of what these guys have done.

Huw Jenkins has an unbeliable track record.

Where as once Swans Everton would have been a dour game, now it should be an awesome fixture.

Well done Roberto, outstanding job
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 0:40]
Martinez on 00:33 - Dec 21 with 3164 viewsQuakerJack

I have absolutely no argument against you there and have always maintained, as most on here have that they're both (imo, Martinez more so) good managers. It's their word and their integrity that makes them no friends amongst our fans. (Rodgers slightly more so for me).

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Martinez on 00:36 - Dec 21 with 3157 viewsrockin

All the people I know who follow the swans have a similar viewpoint to myself now, the respect has returned.

These guys built this club up and I thank them for it.
Martinez on 00:57 - Dec 21 with 3129 viewsUxbridge

Well he's certainly done qn excellent job so far at Everton, against my predictions at least.

At Wigan? Not so much.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Martinez on 00:59 - Dec 21 with 3127 viewsrockin

Not true, he did a superb job at Wigan.

He wouldn't have kept his job or be sought after by Spurs/Villa/Liverpool and eventually Everton otherwise.
Martinez on 01:03 - Dec 21 with 3120 viewsUxbridge

Martinez on 00:59 - Dec 21 by rockin

He wouldn't have kept his job or be sought after by Spurs/Villa/Liverpool and eventually Everton otherwise.

Your opinion. I disagree. Their budget was no different to ours, in fact probably higher and more seasons to get right. Scratching to avoid relegation thanks to a lucky run of results at the end of the season and not being able to fashion a defence are major failings.

He's a media darling though so such things get overlooked. Worse around though and he still did a fine job here.

Martinez on 01:04 - Dec 21 with 3115 viewsrockin

Wigan are a tiny club, money is not everything - players would not be attracted to a club like that.
Martinez on 01:05 - Dec 21 with 3111 viewsUxbridge

Martinez on 01:04 - Dec 21 by rockin

Wigan are a tiny club, money is not everything - players would not be attracted to a club like that.

Aye, and we're massive. There's a good half dozen teams of a similar stature when Prem money factored in.

He recruited spectacularly badly at Wigan.

Martinez on 01:06 - Dec 21 with 3104 viewssmoulder

Robbie's a very good manager as is Rodgers........its that simple really.
Login to get fewer ads

Martinez on 01:07 - Dec 21 with 3104 viewsrockin

Wigan are 14th in championship, they've overachieved for a long time
Martinez on 04:47 - Dec 21 with 3013 viewsDr_Winston

Early days yet. Clarke started like a train at WBA too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martinez on 07:03 - Dec 21 with 2967 viewsJackanapes

Martinez on 01:07 - Dec 21 by rockin

Wigan are 14th in championship, they've overachieved for a long time

Who got them relegated again?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Martinez on 07:08 - Dec 21 with 2962 viewsJackanapes

Id be interested to to see alist of league finishes for wigan in the prem before and after Martinez got there.I think it would go something like

Before: Top Half Almost relegated Mid table Mid table
After: Almost relegated x 3, relegated

Yup, hes turned a mid table Prem team into a bottom half championship team. What a manager.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 7:16]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Martinez on 09:15 - Dec 21 with 2857 viewstomdickharry

Did a good job with us,but the way he left us in the lurch was disgraceful.The guy is doing a good job at Everton on the foundations laid for many years by Moyes,in fact an improvement in the quality of football,however,he is an egotistical individual who would leave no stone unturned to project the clean cut image of Roberto Martinez,not unlike Rodgers and a few more PL Managers.
Martinez on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 2830 viewsmonmouth

Bit early aint it? They look good, but it's all based on loan players and the players Moyes left. I think he'll do a good job and will suit them. If they finish top four he will do a great job as he can buy/replace Lukaku and Barry. If they don't finish top 4 and those two go back, then next year we'll see how good he is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Martinez on 09:41 - Dec 21 with 2823 viewsNatterjack

I'm just about over Martinez leaving us - (we'll not so much that he left, just how he left,) now it's time to appreciate that it was him who set us on the road to where we are now.

Saying that, I've never heard Martinez appreciate what our club did for him. Yes, far more credit must go to Huw and our board for the way they identified a lower league journeyman midfielder and turned our club around.

If only he'd left the right way, we would all have been able to stand and applaud him to his seat tomorrow. The fact that he didn't will always stick in my throat - but we've moved on under Huw's stewardship, so it's time to forgive and forget perhaps?
Martinez on 09:48 - Dec 21 with 2800 viewsDarran

Martinez on 00:59 - Dec 21 by rockin

And then he walked out on them leaving them wallowing in their own shit.
Top fella.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Martinez on 11:20 - Dec 21 with 2687 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 09:48 - Dec 21 by Darran

And then he walked out on them leaving them wallowing in their own shit.
Top fella.

Spot on, i got no time for the lying grease-ball

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Martinez on 11:35 - Dec 21 with 2661 viewsrockin

yeah, yeah
Martinez on 11:36 - Dec 21 with 2652 viewsrockin

I think the time has come to clap him & Rodgers
Martinez on 12:03 - Dec 21 with 2613 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 11:36 - Dec 21 by rockin

I think the time has come to clap him & Rodgers

bollocks

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Martinez on 12:23 - Dec 21 with 2591 viewsswancity

Martinez on 12:03 - Dec 21 by Oldjack

bollocks

It's the sad dickheds who can't bring themselves to say anything nice about Roberto that you have to feel sorry for.

The man changed the whole style of the club, from which we are still benefitting. To win the fa cup with Wigan athletic was the first of many major trophies that he will win .

Hopefully he will return one day and manage our club again.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Martinez on 12:30 - Dec 21 with 2577 viewsDarran

Martinez on 11:35 - Dec 21 by rockin

yeah, yeah

What's yeah yeah about it?
He could have stayed at Wigan and helped them to get back in the Prem but his ego wouldn't alike him too.
Nothing yeah yeah about it it's the truth.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Martinez on 12:32 - Dec 21 with 2574 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 12:23 - Dec 21 by swancity

It's the sad dickheds who can't bring themselves to say anything nice about Roberto that you have to feel sorry for.

The man changed the whole style of the club, from which we are still benefitting. To win the fa cup with Wigan athletic was the first of many major trophies that he will win .

Hopefully he will return one day and manage our club again.

yea right, if your happy to be associated with a liar then i pity you dickhead ,he shafted us big time, thank god for Huw and co for steadying the ship eh

Martinez on 13:37 - Dec 21 with 2531 viewsrockin

I think that's a possibility and I'll welcome him with open arms.
Martinez on 13:41 - Dec 21 with 2519 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 13:37 - Dec 21 by rockin

I think that's a possibility and I'll welcome him with open arms.

I'll welcome him with a closed fist

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024