Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 15:59 - Jan 9 with 1030 viewsBrightSpurs

Posting for dad, he tells me MFB the best player currently of all time has never won the cup.

Here are the fixtures

west Ham v Newcastle
Crystal Palace v Stoke City
Leeds v Leicester
Doncaster v Wigan
Carlisle v Colchester
Bury v Burton

all the best !

winner players FISHFACE
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 16:47 - Jan 9 with 1018 viewsBarsidepete

And I'm the only one ever who has won the Prem, the Cup, and the Charity Shield.. (not to mention, has never been relegated.) ... that's my sidebar.

But having said that, what a great Semi,.. GSY and I one year played three rounds to sort it. I mean, are you serious?

Can't wait to see FISH v the survivor

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:39 - Jan 9 with 1011 viewsnoah4x4

.........and I am probably the only one to have won Division One and then the Euro Champions League in consecutive seasons; and yet get relegated in that same season; yet look like achieving promotion in the next.

Perhaps it's appropriate that I am a Colchester fan on such a roller coaster.
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 08:52 - Jan 11 with 970 viewsTheNet

Certainly a David v Goliath tie - I'm just hunting around for 6 small stones for my trusty sling! - Good luck (but not too much - you don't need it!) MFB for when the times arrives!
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 09:09 - Jan 11 with 968 viewsTheNet

1 — 2 West Ham v Newcastle
2 — 1 Crystal Palace v Stoke City
1 — 2 Leeds v Leicester
1 — 2 Doncaster v Wigan
2 — 1 Carlisle v Colchester
1 — 2 Bury v Burton
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 20:40 - Jan 11 with 963 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:39 - Jan 9 by noah4x4

.........and I am probably the only one to have won Division One and then the Euro Champions League in consecutive seasons; and yet get relegated in that same season; yet look like achieving promotion in the next.

Perhaps it's appropriate that I am a Colchester fan on such a roller coaster.

Another good week for you, mate...

Using not numerical but historically empirical evidence, I'd rate Wessex the greatest ever Pler, followed by Durham, then MFB ..

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 22:39 - Jan 12 with 936 viewsgerry_us

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 16:47 - Jan 9 by Barsidepete

And I'm the only one ever who has won the Prem, the Cup, and the Charity Shield.. (not to mention, has never been relegated.) ... that's my sidebar.

But having said that, what a great Semi,.. GSY and I one year played three rounds to sort it. I mean, are you serious?

Can't wait to see FISH v the survivor

You may not get to see Fish; he seems to have gone AWOL again! Not been seen in the Happy League since Wk 20!

Could be winner of semi final becomes Cup winner.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 22:42]
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 23:14 - Jan 12 with 929 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 22:39 - Jan 12 by gerry_us

You may not get to see Fish; he seems to have gone AWOL again! Not been seen in the Happy League since Wk 20!

Could be winner of semi final becomes Cup winner.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 22:42]

Don't get me started, Gerry..

It would be nice if someone in the queue to potentially win one of the prediction league's trophies wasn't so continually absent otherwise

But oh well. So FishFC may have to defend said title from Division 2 next season

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 19:48 - Jan 15 with 887 viewsmrhappy

Fish had some work issues - he will be back !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Login to get fewer ads

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 885 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 19:48 - Jan 15 by mrhappy

Fish had some work issues - he will be back !

That's great news! Don't want a repeat of Hellasblue winning Division One and then not being able to appear in the Prem this season for reasons beyond his control.

...All the best to FISH and "get back in there, and add some league points too, mate."

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 23:13 - Jan 16 with 860 viewsmfb_cufc

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 08:52 - Jan 11 by TheNet

Certainly a David v Goliath tie - I'm just hunting around for 6 small stones for my trusty sling! - Good luck (but not too much - you don't need it!) MFB for when the times arrives!

You have fired some of your stones by posting your scores first. The rules make it harder to predict the scores I would have liked. Good luck to you too, as that is usually the deciding factor in these one off games.

WEST HAM 2 NEWCASTLE 1
CRYSTAL PALACE 0 STOKE 1
LEEDS 1 LEICESTER 2
DONCASTER 0 WIGAN 2
CARLISLE 1 COLCHESTER 0
BURY 2 BURTON 1

mfb

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:13 - Jan 18 with 842 viewsTheNet

Looks like a solid rear-guard action (a clean sheet!) - saw a very unlikely 0 from MFB - wow lady luck was shining on me - although I was a little worried when I saw Newcastle's very late goal denying me 3 points for 1 only.

So the beauty of the cup throws up an all lower division final - what were the odds of that Happy?
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:16 - Jan 18 with 840 viewsmfb_cufc

Well played Net, and good luck in the final.

mfb

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:36 - Jan 18 with 836 viewsTheNet

Thanks it's all I've got to play for!

Good luck on the PL and Champs League.
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 832 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 17:36 - Jan 18 by TheNet

Thanks it's all I've got to play for!

Good luck on the PL and Champs League.

Oh, and not for promotion? That'll hearten your nearest competitors, Net

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 19:08 - Jan 18 with 829 viewsTheNet

Well there is that too - but my league form is awful - I have somehow managed to claw my way into the Div 1 play-offs - although I may well drop out again tomorrow based on another poor performance thus far; unless Chelsea v Man Utd can manage a 1 - 1 draw for me!
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 22:08 - Jan 18 with 815 viewsnoah4x4

What happens if Fishface is a no show?

Do I get reinstated?
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 811 viewsTheNet

Only if I do to the Prem when last years promotion winner didn't show :-)
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 15:05 - Jan 20 with 800 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 22:40 - Jan 18 by TheNet

Only if I do to the Prem when last years promotion winner didn't show :-)

I believe we need a re-evalution of Happy Cup methodology for 2014/15.

Seems to devalue the Cup comp when someone who barely participates in the PL is in line for the trophy. But fair do's to Fish, no easy feat to win a one-off. Happy said he'd be back for the final. We'll see won't we?

... this would further impact the Charity Shield for the Prem top 3 and the HC winner if Fish comes out on top. Does Gate then pretty much expect a walkover into the final v the survivor of the 2 v 3 seed?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 15:10]

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 789 viewsgerry_us

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 15:05 - Jan 20 by Barsidepete

I believe we need a re-evalution of Happy Cup methodology for 2014/15.

Seems to devalue the Cup comp when someone who barely participates in the PL is in line for the trophy. But fair do's to Fish, no easy feat to win a one-off. Happy said he'd be back for the final. We'll see won't we?

... this would further impact the Charity Shield for the Prem top 3 and the HC winner if Fish comes out on top. Does Gate then pretty much expect a walkover into the final v the survivor of the 2 v 3 seed?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 15:10]

...And I actually lost in the last round to Fishface!

I hope he does the right thing and re-appears soon
MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 18:03 - Jan 25 with 763 viewsBarsidepete

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 18:38 - Jan 20 by gerry_us

...And I actually lost in the last round to Fishface!

I hope he does the right thing and re-appears soon

Fish didn't participate again, week 24...

Sorry, but he would have been in administration in the PL at this point and not had any avenue into the Cup comp. I feel Happy is diluting the league with half-hearted joiners and what I'd consider lucky non-league clubs getting some tabloid ink.

But there you go, Fish in the final. Makes the comp really prestigious doesn't it? ... Not...

Anyway, onward with the PL........

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 21:45 - Jan 25 with 751 viewsgerry_us

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 18:03 - Jan 25 by Barsidepete

Fish didn't participate again, week 24...

Sorry, but he would have been in administration in the PL at this point and not had any avenue into the Cup comp. I feel Happy is diluting the league with half-hearted joiners and what I'd consider lucky non-league clubs getting some tabloid ink.

But there you go, Fish in the final. Makes the comp really prestigious doesn't it? ... Not...

Anyway, onward with the PL........

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 12:02 - Jan 27 with 732 viewsmrhappy

I CONFIRM - THE NET HAS MADE THE FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT SHORTLY !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 15:55 - Jan 27 with 724 viewsnoah4x4

MFB v THE NET - cup semi final 18th JANUARY 2014 on 12:02 - Jan 27 by mrhappy

I CONFIRM - THE NET HAS MADE THE FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT SHORTLY !

Well there is a first.....

Somebody else to have the "last word".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024