Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you want to watch some football today... 14:57 - Feb 8 with 504 viewsRSCOSWORTH

...get down to Shrub End. Decent game about to kick off and you can watch from you car too. Bonus.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

If you want to watch some football today... on 10:05 - Feb 9 with 477 viewsbwildered

Went down to Brightlingsea Regent, who had a comfortable 2-0 win ( should have been more). Best wishes to them in the Vase next weekend.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

If you want to watch some football today... on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 457 viewsnoah4x4

Yet again; after the mud that is WHCS disappointed; I went down to Brisbane Road .......and have now seen more games there in 2014 than everywhere else.....Can't make Port Vale.......so am hoping Swindon has no rain.......!

I commented last time that Orient v Coventry was one of the best games that I had seen as a neutral in some years and how Vincelot was awesome as a ball winner and as an accurate ball distributor to the O's forwards. Orient v Peterborough was by contrast ghastly; all hoof and run; whilst Vincelot looked like a clown; losing the ball at every opportunity and Assombalomba skipped round him given the opportunity.

Orient are fine against sides that have a slow passing build up; but seem vulnerable to real forward pace; and appear devoid of ideas where the opposition swamp the midfield so their wingers struggle to get the ball and opposition play a high defensive line; negating Mooney; Dagnall and Lisbie; by forcing their slow legs to run further. I wonder if Darren Ferguson read my Coventry match comments that suggested such tactics?

After 70 minutes of dire fodder; Orient stole the lead via a fine Mooney header; but somewhat against the run of play; as the O's had merely 7 shots to Posh's 15 (O's 2:7 Posh on target ). Then Peterborough deservedly struck twice in the final two minutes as a panicking Orient failed to run the clock down; and lost possession; still naively trying to attack.

Orient fans had sung "we are top of the league" continuously for the previous twenty minutes and for the second week running were silenced in the very last minute. Overheard later.....O's fans "feel the game is up"; "may be lucky to hang on to play off place"; "won't get any change from Bristol City"....and the prevailing feeling does seem to be that the legs of their old timers (like Lisbie) are "running out of steam".

Ho Hum,..... the U's should fear neither of these sides on this performance.
If you want to watch some football today... on 00:07 - Feb 10 with 447 viewsdurham_exile

If you want to watch some football today... on 18:28 - Feb 9 by noah4x4

Yet again; after the mud that is WHCS disappointed; I went down to Brisbane Road .......and have now seen more games there in 2014 than everywhere else.....Can't make Port Vale.......so am hoping Swindon has no rain.......!

I commented last time that Orient v Coventry was one of the best games that I had seen as a neutral in some years and how Vincelot was awesome as a ball winner and as an accurate ball distributor to the O's forwards. Orient v Peterborough was by contrast ghastly; all hoof and run; whilst Vincelot looked like a clown; losing the ball at every opportunity and Assombalomba skipped round him given the opportunity.

Orient are fine against sides that have a slow passing build up; but seem vulnerable to real forward pace; and appear devoid of ideas where the opposition swamp the midfield so their wingers struggle to get the ball and opposition play a high defensive line; negating Mooney; Dagnall and Lisbie; by forcing their slow legs to run further. I wonder if Darren Ferguson read my Coventry match comments that suggested such tactics?

After 70 minutes of dire fodder; Orient stole the lead via a fine Mooney header; but somewhat against the run of play; as the O's had merely 7 shots to Posh's 15 (O's 2:7 Posh on target ). Then Peterborough deservedly struck twice in the final two minutes as a panicking Orient failed to run the clock down; and lost possession; still naively trying to attack.

Orient fans had sung "we are top of the league" continuously for the previous twenty minutes and for the second week running were silenced in the very last minute. Overheard later.....O's fans "feel the game is up"; "may be lucky to hang on to play off place"; "won't get any change from Bristol City"....and the prevailing feeling does seem to be that the legs of their old timers (like Lisbie) are "running out of steam".

Ho Hum,..... the U's should fear neither of these sides on this performance.

Noah, now that's what I am talking about - the U's are going Up!

We just have to be allowed to start playing football again.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024