Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millers in town tonight for JD's charges 13:21 - Mar 4 with 793 viewsdurham_exile

JD and his charges entertain the Millers at the WHCS this evening.

Now this will be an intriguing match against a team that has just demolished Notts County in a very one sided contest. Managed by the larger than life Steve Evans Rotherham has emerged as realistic play off contenders.

U’s fans will remember the epic 2-2 draw at the New York Stadium back in November where a 95th minute equaliser from Elliot Lee (his only senior goal) earned Colchester a deserved point after a resilient second half performance. The in form Marcus Bean scored the U’s opener and is champing at the bit to repeat the performance.

Now the run of consistent good form, which saw the U’s take 13 from the last 18 points, has long been consigned to the history books and we have embarked instead upon a wretched run of defeats which has seen the U’s slide close to the dreaded relegation zone.

A look at the table and the U’s were 14th with 34 points from 26 matches in mid January. Now we are 19th with only 35 points from 31 games. Appalling.

Back to Colchester and JD’s selection will surely be boosted by an ability to pick a strong team with Sanchez Watt back after his stupid three game red card ban. Col U now only has long term absentees Josh Thompson and Drey Wright on the sidelines.

I would imagine JD will consider something along the following lines in a 4,2,3,1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Dickson

Eastmond Bean

Vose Sears Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Sesay, Wright (David), Gilbey, Massey, Morrison

Dividing the last 15 league games into bite size chunks suggests that the challenge will be tough, but not insurmountable.

Our next 6 games are:

Rotherham H
Coventry H
Bradford H
Crawley A
Shrewsbury H
Bristol City H

Then:

Wolves A
Notts C A
Peterbore A
Tranmere H
Stevenage A
Oldham H

Finally:

Crewe A
Brentford H
Walsall A

Tonight against the Millers will allow the U’s to showcase their skills and ability in front of the home supporters. It will be a difficult game, but one which is eminently winnable.

Let us hope for a larger crowd at the WHCS and a successful result to start to achieve the 52 points required for safety.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 17:40 - Mar 4 with 739 viewsBarsidepete

Excellent prep for us as The U'sual;) .. like I always say, the best football writing anywhere, we truly have some of the best writers in football (even better since it's not always about the footy:D

Pete, you at Wolves? Right now I feel like I'm traveling up to Brum alone @:/

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 18:49 - Mar 4 with 719 viewswessex_exile

Nice one Durham, though I feel you missed an opportunity for the headline "Millers in town, time to make pancakes"?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 18:58 - Mar 4 with 717 viewsBarsidepete

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 18:49 - Mar 4 by wessex_exile

Nice one Durham, though I feel you missed an opportunity for the headline "Millers in town, time to make pancakes"?

Because of pancake day?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 19:35 - Mar 4 with 699 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wright starts! Now there's a surprise! Ibehre not even in the squad. Morrison must be due a goal!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 19:51 - Mar 4 with 697 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U's to batter Millers...

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 20:59 - Mar 4 with 686 viewsdurham_exile

Wessex my earlier headline was "U's to grind out a result against Millers!"

I like the Pancake line though.

We can do this tonight!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 22:15 - Mar 4 with 666 viewswessex_exile

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 20:59 - Mar 4 by durham_exile

Wessex my earlier headline was "U's to grind out a result against Millers!"

I like the Pancake line though.

We can do this tonight!

Up the U's

Well it could be argued that at 0-0 it finished as flat as the proverbial, but I'll take that tonight against a top six side - good point after doing enough to get something at Orient and coming away with nothing.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 22:50 - Mar 4 with 657 viewsgerry_us

Millers in town tonight for JD's charges on 22:15 - Mar 4 by wessex_exile

Well it could be argued that at 0-0 it finished as flat as the proverbial, but I'll take that tonight against a top six side - good point after doing enough to get something at Orient and coming away with nothing.

More worrying however Wessex is that in the last two games at WHCS we haven't registered a shot on goal. OK, so our defence appears to be much improved lately but where are the home goals going to come from because surely, with all the home matches left, these must bring the points we need to remain in this division?

Just thinking ahead it is imperative we stay in Lge. 1 especially with the possibility of Chesterfield, Scunthorpe and Barnsley as possible local away fixtures for me next season.

Onwards and "upwards" please. Only saving grace is that from Monday next I will be out of the country for two and a half weeks so that fact alone should bring a hatful of points!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024