Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proposals for Div 3 14:26 - May 21 with 513 viewsburnsieespana

Daniel has done a poll for this but can't seem to be able to make any comments so here goes:
1. I am undecided at present as "more meat on the bone" is needed.
2. When the Conference was first mooted as having promotion many sides were against it because of the "fear factor" but now it works really well.
3. Spain does a bit like we seem to have had proposed by Greg Dyke and it certainly, in my opinion, results in extra players coming through the system although understand why the Conference teams were a bit miffed since no discussion with them took place.
4. We do really need to do something to increase the number of British players in our Premiership teams. I think this season only 24% were registered for England which is ridiculous as so many very ordinary players from around the world play.
5. Unless money starts to be filtered down the system by one means or another our national team has no hope and clubs will go bust. The Fair Play arrangements whether for the Prem, Championship of Div 1/2 certainly now beginning to bite when you tot up the players looking for clubs already.
Proposals for Div 3 on 16:19 - May 21 with 502 viewsBarsidepete

Burnsie,

1. The U's will pull a decent 3-4000 on a Tuesday night v the ManU 2nds. But still, how motivated will their squad be? they supposedly cannot be promoted (past a certain point, but the explanations I've read are nebulous often.. Give it another few years and we may see two "prem" clubs in the BPL from the same FC .. wanna get back to my point on another thread about ManCity's major stake in NYCFC and Beckham's fingers on Miami FC .. You think M City won't "loan" some stars to New York? or Man U won't conveniently build a safe haven to circumvent fair play financial rules? it feels like it's getting muddy.

2. The Conference is a glorified tier atop the pyramid below the FL but we all know it really is League 3 (quite a few FL quality teams in there) and some of the attendances in the Conference would put League 2 (and some in Lg 1) to shame. A BPL created League 3 may forever kill lower league football..

3. If we could reach an arrangement with a club or two in the Championship or one in the Prem (how about West Ham, for instance) to automatically loan us players, would that not attract another 3-400 fans per week if we knew some potential starlets were kicking the ball around here, and we knew we won't be left high and dry? Our main clubs would send us players to keep ColU from being relegated because it would be in their interest.

4. It's about the money. Big clubs have no incentive to select English players.

5. Sky could create a tv network for the lower league, just devoted to that, period. I don't think they'll lose dosh. I believe the appetite for footy is there to keep all happy... numbers crunching...

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024