Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! 22:07 - Apr 30 with 642 viewswessex_exile

As the whistle blows on a lacklustre Chelsea performance at Stamford Bridge against Atletico, losing 1-3 in the process, here are the results of our semi-final matches.

Match 1
----------------------
Gerry went into tonight with a commanding 4-1 lead, meaning Coomster needed a spot-on and Lampard to get at least one goal - disaster, as collectively it was realised Lamps was suspended, so without an alternative goal-scorer Coomster was dead in the water. The opportunity to re-select was on the table, but even if you'd seen the message Coomster, with Atletico winning anyway you would have been doomed regardless. Commiserations sir, but massive congratulations to Gerry who added Torres as a goal-scorer to run out the 5-1 winner of Match 1.

Match 2
----------------------
This was the one that was really hanging in the balance, and with "judge rules" that Gate could reselect his goal-scorer before kick-off - who went for Torres instead of the absent Lampard - it was game on! With Pete favouring the away win, and Gate the home win, this was always likely to be decided without the tie-break, but in a way how close was it! Pete picked up the Atletico away win outcome, plus Costa as a goal-scorer, and Gate the Torres goal-scorer for Chelsea. Had Torres and/or Chelsea shown a little more desire Torres could possibly have added a second for the tie-break, but it wasn't to be - so commiserations to Gate and likewise massive congratulations to Pete who goes through to the final 2-1 on the night in Match 2.

Well done to you all, and the final (which is an all Madrid affair for the first time ever) will be between:

Gerry v Pete (needle match or what!)

The prediction requirements, and there'll be a few for the match, will be posted in due course. Coomster and Gate, please feel free to chip in with your 3rd place predictions for a bit of fun.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 22:46 - Apr 30 with 633 viewsgerry_us

Gerry v Pete (needle match or what!) ???

Don't know what you mean Wessex, best of pals Pete and me
U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 03:27 - May 1 with 621 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 22:46 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Gerry v Pete (needle match or what!) ???

Don't know what you mean Wessex, best of pals Pete and me

I know, right?

This mays well be a friendly or something

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 12:56 - May 1 with 608 viewsmrhappy

well done both of you - a very interesting affair - can Pete bag his first Euro and COMPLETE the set ! (no one has won each of the BIG 4 trophies).

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 16:16 - May 1 with 598 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 12:56 - May 1 by mrhappy

well done both of you - a very interesting affair - can Pete bag his first Euro and COMPLETE the set ! (no one has won each of the BIG 4 trophies).

Absolutely. That would be amazing to have won all four .. but being in the final versus a mate I've shared pints with in Des Moines,Iowa, are you serious?

I'm kinda rooting for Gerry

.. Pre-final mind games, haha

What a fantastic semi, Gate! Big applause,.. Oh and congrats again for winning the PL;)

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 10:59 - May 4 with 563 viewswessex_exile

Can I just add that should it have been needed, Gate was only 37 away from a spot-on prediction for the Walsall gate of 4,271...

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 11:13 - May 4 with 561 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 10:59 - May 4 by wessex_exile

Can I just add that should it have been needed, Gate was only 37 away from a spot-on prediction for the Walsall gate of 4,271...

Ouch. Glad it didn't come to that:)

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 12:27 - May 21 with 514 viewsBarsidepete

Wessex, this one is in only 3 days..

Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 14:06 - May 21 with 502 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 12:27 - May 21 by Barsidepete

Wessex, this one is in only 3 days..

Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid

Not sure what we'll be predicting, mate.

but can I start with:

Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid 1-2 .. Costa? .. we're running out of days to sort this.

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:39 - May 21 with 483 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 14:06 - May 21 by Barsidepete

Not sure what we'll be predicting, mate.

but can I start with:

Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid 1-2 .. Costa? .. we're running out of days to sort this.

Don't think we can have you predicting before the organiser has posted...bad form hey what!
Have you started the mind games already? I am just happy to be in the final against a legend who has won every other honour on the board. I will be very satisfied to finish second mate.
U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:42 - May 21 with 482 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:39 - May 21 by gerry_us

Don't think we can have you predicting before the organiser has posted...bad form hey what!
Have you started the mind games already? I am just happy to be in the final against a legend who has won every other honour on the board. I will be very satisfied to finish second mate.

Lol, I'll snap up Real 2-1, Christiano scorer, if you prefer

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:50 - May 21 with 478 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:42 - May 21 by Barsidepete

Lol, I'll snap up Real 2-1, Christiano scorer, if you prefer

I'm playing it close to my chest until we know what Wessex has in store for us.
U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:56 - May 21 with 475 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 17:50 - May 21 by gerry_us

I'm playing it close to my chest until we know what Wessex has in store for us.

I know right? Wes is a punctual dude. Have enjoyed getting to the final *phew* .. first time.

I'll be glued watching the CL final Sat on Fox, you know what I mean, 'big network,' so no worries if Wes posts the final 11th hour. I'll be watching the U'sual too

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 18:00 - May 21 with 472 viewswessex_exile

At work chaps, and requirements will be posted later this evening - still plenty of time to go. Also, predictions will in the first instance be PM'd to me, so your hasty prediction is noted but discounted Pete.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 18:05 - May 21 with 470 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 18:00 - May 21 by wessex_exile

At work chaps, and requirements will be posted later this evening - still plenty of time to go. Also, predictions will in the first instance be PM'd to me, so your hasty prediction is noted but discounted Pete.

Sorry, mate. Misplaced your number but I think I did send a FB friend request recently:p

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 18:10 - May 21 with 467 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: THE FINAL!!! on 18:05 - May 21 by Barsidepete

Sorry, mate. Misplaced your number but I think I did send a FB friend request recently:p

Sorry. To keep it serious. Just hoped that something wasn't up and things were ok. I'm sure Jimmy would have loved to figure out how to split world ranking points if it finished a draw. That might have taken 3 months

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024