Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight 14:31 - Feb 10 with 784 viewsdurham_exile

After the nightmare of yet another home defeat (in truth given our lamentable home record against Crewe, no-one should have been really surprised with the outcome), TH takes his beleaguered squad to Bramall Lane.

Now the Blades have been blunted in recent games both at home and away and despite all the forebodings I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our great season performances against Clough's team. After all conceding three goals in 7 minutes against them when leading 2-0 at home means that we owe them a performance and result!

Chris Porter to score against his old team, must be worth a "cheeky punt!"

Now I was disappointed not to see young McEvoy in the starting line up at the weekend. We had to take the game to the Railwaymen but failed to do so.

Tonight TH will revert to 4-5-1 with Ben Gordon or George Moncur slotting in on the left side of midfield in a more defensive looking formation.

We have 18 games to play in order to secure the 23 points needed for definite League One survival.

This is a year when 51 points will be needed, make no mistake.

Splitting the last 18 games into bite sized chunks of 6 games doesn't make for great viewing, but we must do so. However I don't think any but the most seasoned and optimistic U's supporter can stomach the full 18 now, so let's just look at the first six gems (and bear in mind that we must secure 7 or 8 points from each bank of 18 to stay up):

Blades away tonight
Oldham A (how on earth are they in the top seven, unbelievable!)
MK Dons H
Bristol City H
Doncaster A
Notts County H

We simply have to stay up and frankly when considering our squad there are four worse team in the Division, we must believe and demonstrate faith in our ability.

TH welcomed Olufemi back this week but it is to early for a first team outing.

I think that TH will go with the following in a 4,5,1 formation tonight:

Walker

Clohessy Wynter Eastman Briggs

Massey Lapslie Fox Szmodics Moncur

Porter

Subs:

Lewington Gordon Vincent-Young McEvoy Sembie-Ferris Marriott Watt

Time for the players to stand up and be counted. Time for TH to be bold and not afraid to blood McEvoy or Sembie-Ferris. If they are good enough to be in the squad they should play a part. Time to start picking up vital points starting tonight.

Safe journey to all travelling U's

Enjoy the game.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 20:27 - Feb 10 with 754 viewsBlue4U2

Just an idea, why don't we let them gallop into a 2-0 lead .......
then we toy with them for 70 odd minutes before........
we come storming back from 80 - 90 minutes to steal the match 3-2 !!!

Just an idea !!

Half time 2-0
First part of masterplan complete !
Now to hang on for the next 35 minutes .........
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 20:36]
Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 21:54 - Feb 10 with 731 viewsBlue4U2

OK so 2nd half didn't go exactly to plan ?!

Although when Sammie scored I could see another Wolves 3-2 coming
Nevermind - roll on to Boundary Park
Is this the right time to persuade Jabo back into the fold???

Up the youthful, naive U's
Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 00:22 - Feb 11 with 685 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 21:54 - Feb 10 by Blue4U2

OK so 2nd half didn't go exactly to plan ?!

Although when Sammie scored I could see another Wolves 3-2 coming
Nevermind - roll on to Boundary Park
Is this the right time to persuade Jabo back into the fold???

Up the youthful, naive U's

Blue - Jabo has made it clear he will not play for the U's again.

Have just returned home from Sheffield. Best not to write anything now!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 10:40 - Feb 11 with 616 viewsBluenWightExile

Durham firstly congratulations on your loyalty driving south in mid working week once again. I was there in spirit. I am sorry you witnessed yet more disappointment and hope it did not bring about a relapse in your health for which I send continued good wishes and better form than that of the U's.

I am keeping the faith - we have been in this position many times have we not and well I recall watching defeat after defeat in the year we did finally drop out of the FL - but the faith just feels fractionally and realistically harder to cling onto this time.

I said at the time that it seemed an odd strategy using an unproven leader but Cowling cuts the cloth and knows more than I so I support our club and what it tries to do. We have enjoyed 20 good years when all's said and done.

I am sure a couple of wins will give renewed hope but I sense that even you Durham are now fearing what many of us do. If it is a business strategy then I believe it is a dangerous one as Lg 2 only seems easy to escape from when you have big experienced bruisers with nouse like Rochdale/Scunny/Chestefield in recent times. We have mainly young talented but inexperienced lads by no means battle scarred yet even if Szmodics is making swift progress in that direction!

I feel strangely sad about it all today but frankly, results speak and we just don't feel quite good enough this time.

Maybe we can upset Oldham's excellent form and start what we desperately need. The bottom four are beginning to look like the bottom four.

Up the somewhat beleaguered U's

Pinault-noir

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 11:35 - Feb 11 with 610 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 00:22 - Feb 11 by durham_exile

Blue - Jabo has made it clear he will not play for the U's again.

Have just returned home from Sheffield. Best not to write anything now!

Up the U's

Never seen you so dejected Pete.
The U's were basically naïve yesterday and despite having a hell of a lot of chances failed miserably to defend on the break. It certainly didn't help to give away such a soft goal minutes into the game and am afraid it stemmed again from Walker not dominating his six yard box...again. I believe he was also culpable in the third goal that finally killed off any spirit we had. How he can be beaten from 30 odd yards out is a mystery to me? 7 foot tall eh! Is it time to rest him?....yeh yeh, contentious point I know but he has shipped a hell of a lot of goals recently.
The young 'uns gave all again and Sammy Smodicz took his goal well to at least give us something to cheer about.
The final nail in the coffin was the penalty needlessly given away when the ball should have been put in row Z.
IF we had taken some of the many chances we had we may have run them close but it is a big IF. Ten corners to us, none to Blades must tell us something.
Onwards and up/downwards people.
Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 17:59 - Feb 11 with 581 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to put Blades to the Sword tonight on 10:40 - Feb 11 by BluenWightExile

Durham firstly congratulations on your loyalty driving south in mid working week once again. I was there in spirit. I am sorry you witnessed yet more disappointment and hope it did not bring about a relapse in your health for which I send continued good wishes and better form than that of the U's.

I am keeping the faith - we have been in this position many times have we not and well I recall watching defeat after defeat in the year we did finally drop out of the FL - but the faith just feels fractionally and realistically harder to cling onto this time.

I said at the time that it seemed an odd strategy using an unproven leader but Cowling cuts the cloth and knows more than I so I support our club and what it tries to do. We have enjoyed 20 good years when all's said and done.

I am sure a couple of wins will give renewed hope but I sense that even you Durham are now fearing what many of us do. If it is a business strategy then I believe it is a dangerous one as Lg 2 only seems easy to escape from when you have big experienced bruisers with nouse like Rochdale/Scunny/Chestefield in recent times. We have mainly young talented but inexperienced lads by no means battle scarred yet even if Szmodics is making swift progress in that direction!

I feel strangely sad about it all today but frankly, results speak and we just don't feel quite good enough this time.

Maybe we can upset Oldham's excellent form and start what we desperately need. The bottom four are beginning to look like the bottom four.

Up the somewhat beleaguered U's

BluenWight - thank you for your comments. Despite it all, my health is fine now thank you. I think I have finally adjusted to Retirement!

I must admit the manner of the defeat was difficult to take last night.

The prospect of League Two or worse is not a pleasant one.

My eldest son bought me a copy of "A Season to Remember 1991/92" for my birthday recently and it was good to reminisce. I fear that if the U's are relegated there would be no swift return to League One and one further bad season and the Conference would beckon.

Equally the prospect of a FA Trophy and Championship double would be very remote.
There are some tough sides in the Conference these days.

The challenge of obtaining 23 points from 17 games is going to strain every sinew and that's just me! but we have to achieve it.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024