Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday 21:46 - Apr 21 with 1324 viewsdurham_exile

TH takes his lightly battered but relatively unscathed charges to the Lancashire Coast to take on the Cod Army on Saturday. Colchester (in an incredibly poor season) are seeking another double, this time against Fleetwood, in a vital game to help preserve our League One status. We have the opportunity to rub salt and vinegar into the Cod Army’s wounds.

With the dreaded vote of confidence from the Chairman ringing in his ears, TH knows that whatever happens he will be in charge next season; it is of course to be hoped that he will out mussel the Cod Army and winkle out the required points to safeguard the U’s League One status and thus secure his plaice in Colchester folklore.

Having persuaded my youngest son to go with me; we are standing behind the goal in the Percy Ronson Stand within the Highbury Stadium. There are also seats for the faithful, but they are in the corner of the ground in the Parkside Stand. I think that with so much nervous tension about, the requirement to pace about behind the goal is too tempting and of course necessary.

Let me however state for the record that we will win on Saturday.

A trawl through the league table after tonight’s games (Tuesday 21 April) shows the latest positions. Another set of favourable results. Every team in the relegation dogfight bar Colchester now only has two games to play, our important game in hand against the Robins will be played next Tuesday evening:

Scunny 44 -11 53
Coventry 44 -10 52
Port Vale 44 -10 51
Crawley 44 -24 50
Crewe 44 -33 49
Orient 44 -10 47
Notts Co 44 -17 47
COL U 43 -21 45
Yeovil 44 -34 40 (R)

Vital remaining fixtures:

25 April

Coventry v Crewe
Fleetwood v COL U
Orient v Sheff Utd
Notts co v Doncaster
Peterbore v Crawley
Scunny v Gills
Rochdale v MK Dons

28 April

COL U v Swindon

3 May
COL U v PNE
MK Dons v Yeovil
Crawley v Coventry
Crewe v Bradford
Doncaster v Scunny
Gills v Notts Co
Swindon v Orient

Still everything to play for. Ultimately though forget about the various permutations; it is all about Colchester winning three football matches.

TH should dolphinitely scale back on the defensive formation and instead look for an attacking 4, 3, 3 on Saturday in order to take the game to the Cod Army. He will stick with his squid that he has pinned his hopes on for the decisive run in.

After all any fin is possible if we are prepared to mullet over in order to avoid turtle disaster.

Likely team:

Sam Walker

Richard Brindley Tom Eastman Bongani Khumalo Matt Briggs

Alex Gilbey George Moncur David Fox

Gavin Massey Chris Porter Jacob Murphy

Subs:

Chris Lewington Tom Lapslie Alex Wynter Sammy Szmodics Macauley Bonne Rhys Healey
Dion Sembie-Ferris

This is certainly not the time to be koi; rather we should be carping on about just how good this Colchester team can and has proved to be on key occasions this season.

3 points remains the target in order to set up the double header against the Robins and the Lilywhites the following week. The respective league positions are immaterial, it is down to who wants the win more and who is prepared to batter the opposition in order to achieve it.

Keep the faith, enjoy the game.

Safe journey for the travelling faithful.

Thrillseeker and 34 mates are staying in the area for the weekend, many more are travelling up on the day. I estimate that about 400 should be making the journey.

The Barside boys will be making all the noise and cheering at 4.50pm when we celebrate a classic U’s victory.

After all we do not want to read in our Sunday papers that the Colchester performance was; “not bad but cod do batter” instead the headline will be “Super U’s batter the Cod Army, putting them firmly in their plaice.” And the Fleetwood Weekly News reports — “Cod Army have had their chips.”

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 21:57 - Apr 21 with 1307 viewsgerry_us

There is a lot of poor whiting in your report Peter but hope Saturday turns out welk.
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:02 - Apr 21 with 1304 viewsBlue4U2

Oh dear Durham I think you covered that one pun-wise!

but you missed 400(a fairly large shoal ) of faithful!
and very surprised you didn't refer to Fleetwood as minnows !

Up the super esapologist U's
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:04 - Apr 21 with 1298 viewsdurham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 21:57 - Apr 21 by gerry_us

There is a lot of poor whiting in your report Peter but hope Saturday turns out welk.

Good stuff Gerry

Back of the net

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:08 - Apr 21 with 1294 viewsdurham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:02 - Apr 21 by Blue4U2

Oh dear Durham I think you covered that one pun-wise!

but you missed 400(a fairly large shoal ) of faithful!
and very surprised you didn't refer to Fleetwood as minnows !

Up the super esapologist U's

This subject is certainly a headline writers' dream Blue.

I suppose I was attempting to defuse the growing tension.

Tight Lines!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 1294 viewsgerry_us

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:04 - Apr 21 by durham_exile

Good stuff Gerry

Back of the net

Up the U's

I am sad to say that we are halibut relegated
Are you herring what I'm saying Peter?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:32]
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:32 - Apr 21 with 1286 viewsdurham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 22:10 - Apr 21 by gerry_us

I am sad to say that we are halibut relegated
Are you herring what I'm saying Peter?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:32]

Not even a great white would swallow that!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 23:08 - Apr 21 with 1260 viewsmrhappy

A must win game against Swindon

Then a win and a draw

Will keep col u up.

If I was a bookie I'd lay
16/1 for 3 wins

7 points - 2/1

6 or less 10/11

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 23:05 - Apr 22 with 1182 viewsdurham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 23:08 - Apr 21 by mrhappy

A must win game against Swindon

Then a win and a draw

Will keep col u up.

If I was a bookie I'd lay
16/1 for 3 wins

7 points - 2/1

6 or less 10/11

Happy, I fear that 9 points are needed to be absolutely sure. That would give us 54 points!

7 points may not be enough, 52 points (but GD is poor)

Anything less and it's Accrington and Co!

Up the U's

3 wins simples!

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 11:24 - Apr 23 with 1161 viewsBluenWightExile

Durham
PLEASE! 9 points!

I don't want to go to Eastleigh

[sung to the tune of Elvis Costello, "I don't want to go...."]

Pinault-noir

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 11:47 - Apr 23 with 1159 viewsmrhappy

9 points is a tall order.

I reckon Col U can achieve 7 - will that be enough ? might be...

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 17:10 - Apr 23 with 1131 viewsdurham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 11:24 - Apr 23 by BluenWightExile

Durham
PLEASE! 9 points!

I don't want to go to Eastleigh

[sung to the tune of Elvis Costello, "I don't want to go...."]

BluenWight - I agree I don't want to go to Eastleigh, or Forest Green or Grimsby or Bristol Rovers!

From a selfish perspective they may only be 6 Northern based teams in League Two next season!

Unthinkable.

Only 9 points will do for the U's.

Batter the Cod Army first then clip the Robins' wings and "stain" the Lilywhites. That's all there is to it!

The PNE game will be really tough with a 10,000 capacity crowd, providing of course we have already secured 51 points!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 17:36 - Apr 23 with 1125 viewswessex_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 17:10 - Apr 23 by durham_exile

BluenWight - I agree I don't want to go to Eastleigh, or Forest Green or Grimsby or Bristol Rovers!

From a selfish perspective they may only be 6 Northern based teams in League Two next season!

Unthinkable.

Only 9 points will do for the U's.

Batter the Cod Army first then clip the Robins' wings and "stain" the Lilywhites. That's all there is to it!

The PNE game will be really tough with a 10,000 capacity crowd, providing of course we have already secured 51 points!

Up the U's

Haha - suck it up Northern Monkeys, the silver lining on a very big cloud would be I'm perfectly happy with Eastleigh, Forest Green or Bristol Rovers - you can definitely keep Grimsby though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 1068 viewsdurham_exile

Nothing more to add - the players know what is expected of them.

Nothing less than 3 points will do.

Weather forecast Fleetwood - Saturday

1100 light Rain 11 degrees C
1200 - 1500 heavy rain 7 degrees C
1600 - 1700 light rain 7 degrees C
1800 sunny 8 degrees C

Safe journey to all travelling U's supporters, enjoy Blackpool Thrillseeker and mates.

Keep the faith, we can do this.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 21:22 - Apr 24 with 1056 viewsgerry_us

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 17:36 - Apr 23 by wessex_exile

Haha - suck it up Northern Monkeys, the silver lining on a very big cloud would be I'm perfectly happy with Eastleigh, Forest Green or Bristol Rovers - you can definitely keep Grimsby though.

Not even to visit with me?
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 00:44 - Apr 25 with 1037 viewswessex_exile

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 21:22 - Apr 24 by gerry_us

Not even to visit with me?

You would definitely take the edge of what would otherwise be a very unappetising prospect, but it's even further into the back of beyond than Scunny FFS Gerry?!?! Never mind who put the (ahem) into Scunthorpe, who put the Grim into Grimsby?

Let's see what happens - if it comes to it, you never know?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 16:24 - Apr 25 with 989 viewsBarsidepete

George has netted one, Noah. Hope you can read this.

47' .. Cod Army 0 The U's 1.

Time to park the bus.

Uh oh (edit) ... Jamie Proctor has leveled it 1-1 65' .. no worries. I had it 1-2
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 16:35]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 976 viewsBarsidepete

And now Proctor assists David Ball @ 74' ... that makes it 2-1 with little left on the clock

Oh my. Other results otherwise not going our way.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 16:41]

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 16:51 - Apr 25 with 967 viewsgerry_us

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 16:39 - Apr 25 by Barsidepete

And now Proctor assists David Ball @ 74' ... that makes it 2-1 with little left on the clock

Oh my. Other results otherwise not going our way.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 16:41]

Fun isn't it Pete. We are now winning and Crawley loosing. You couldn't make it up.
Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 17:00 - Apr 25 with 963 viewsBarsidepete

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 16:51 - Apr 25 by gerry_us

Fun isn't it Pete. We are now winning and Crawley loosing. You couldn't make it up.

I'm speechless, Gerry!!

Hope our mate Noah is reading this ... absolutely stunning.

Massey 84' ... Porter with a PK on 87' ... 2-3

WOWWWWW!!!!!

And Posh battled back for a 4-3.

Time for a ciggie and voddy LOL ... oh. My. Goodness

Cod Army v Super U's @ Highbury this Saturday on 18:40 - Apr 25 with 910 viewsPaddyA140

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boys.... Who'd have thought we'd battle back to win today after chucking in a lead.

My mum's coming with me on Tuesday - her only previous 2 games this season have been at home to Chesterfield in the league and Posh in the cup. Good omen....

Up the U's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024