Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. 21:46 - Jul 20 with 735 viewsBarsidepete

It has nothing to do with Haps. Bye all you. But I will participate in Daniel's.

But I'm not in MFB's league. Has been fun though. Take care.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:07 - Jul 20 with 723 viewsgerry_us

Don't be such an arse. Worried about finishing below me?
My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 722 viewsBarsidepete

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:07 - Jul 20 by gerry_us

Na mate. I'm out. Not interested anymore for various reasons. Good luck, Gerry.

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:34 - Jul 20 with 706 viewsBarsidepete

In some ways I'm having issues dealing with the death of my finance Martha due to cancer. We were going to be married recently in July. My heart and attention span is just not in it, the PL. best if I take a year off.

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 09:37 - Jul 21 with 673 viewsmrhappy

I respect that barside - i too am on the verge of losing someone close to me - i think it may be a very good decision in hindsight - we all need to evaluate things - sad to lose you buddy if so, but if you do have a change of heart - you are welcome back with open arms..

sorry about your loss mate x
[Post edited 21 Jul 2015 9:38]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 12:54 - Jul 21 with 645 viewsthrillseeker

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:34 - Jul 20 by Barsidepete

In some ways I'm having issues dealing with the death of my finance Martha due to cancer. We were going to be married recently in July. My heart and attention span is just not in it, the PL. best if I take a year off.

I have never experienced a great loss so may be the following may be out of place but it is not the intention.

At a time of loss surely you need a distraction and your mates around you. You may be in the U.S. Of A but as you know we're a close knit friendly bunch on here, mates with most not knowing each other and what a distraction, the Happy League.

Take things easy Pete
My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 20:44 - Jul 21 with 607 viewswessex_exile

Is anyone worried about finishing below you Gerry

Best wishes Pete, hope you find the space to come to terms with life, the universe and everything.

A close friend once provided me with the perfect analogy for grief, and she'd had to perform CPR on her partner who'd just keeled over with a massive (and fatal) heart attack.

"As time passes, you learn to sort of sweep the grief under the carpet, and move on...but it never goes away, and every so often, when you least expect it, you trip over a damn great big lump under your carpet".

Don't fear the lumps Pete, but do expect them.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 21:08 - Jul 21 with 604 viewsBarsidepete

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 20:44 - Jul 21 by wessex_exile

Is anyone worried about finishing below you Gerry

Best wishes Pete, hope you find the space to come to terms with life, the universe and everything.

A close friend once provided me with the perfect analogy for grief, and she'd had to perform CPR on her partner who'd just keeled over with a massive (and fatal) heart attack.

"As time passes, you learn to sort of sweep the grief under the carpet, and move on...but it never goes away, and every so often, when you least expect it, you trip over a damn great big lump under your carpet".

Don't fear the lumps Pete, but do expect them.

Thanks, Wessex.

Did I tell you lot that I broke my foot recently too? and I'm focusing on moving back to Iowa (as in the original username, Iowapete)?

Something about being in Virginia--just west of Wash DC, for those who don't want to google it--has not been the best decision I ever made, turns out. Could have spared myself unnecessary grief. But then again, fate has a sense of humor that is chin-scratching.

I still have more than two weeks to post. I may have a change of heart.

It would be great to finish higher in the table than Gerry. He's the only boarder who visited me in Des Moines. When he and I, in exchanges, sound snippy at each other, you have very little of the plot. Like when Haps and I go at it for public consumption. Gerry is a top bloke and Haps and I agree to disagree.

Again. Thanks , Wes.

sorry, had to edit .. the editor in me.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2015 21:11]

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 23:38 - Jul 21 with 578 viewsgerry_us

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 21:08 - Jul 21 by Barsidepete

Thanks, Wessex.

Did I tell you lot that I broke my foot recently too? and I'm focusing on moving back to Iowa (as in the original username, Iowapete)?

Something about being in Virginia--just west of Wash DC, for those who don't want to google it--has not been the best decision I ever made, turns out. Could have spared myself unnecessary grief. But then again, fate has a sense of humor that is chin-scratching.

It would be great to finish higher in the table than Gerry. He's the only boarder who visited me in Des Moines. When he and I, in exchanges, sound snippy at each other, you have very little of the plot. Like when Haps and I go at it for public consumption. Gerry is a top bloke and Haps and I agree to disagree.

Again. Thanks , Wes.

Snippy,,,moi?
Login to get fewer ads

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 06:51 - Jul 22 with 555 viewswessex_exile

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 21:08 - Jul 21 by Barsidepete

Thanks, Wessex.

Again. Thanks , Wes.

Actually Pete, I honestly don't think you should change your mind - some space away from here is probably a good idea whilst you come to terms with your grief - don't let this become something that could be construed as attention-seeking.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 530 viewsburnsieespana

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 22:34 - Jul 20 by Barsidepete

Pete so sorry as had not heard previously.
We are all different how we cope with losses of close ones so do it the wat you feel most comfortable.
Us ugly lot will always be hear for you so keep smiling!
My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 12:44 - Jul 22 with 525 viewsBarsidepete

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 06:51 - Jul 22 by wessex_exile

Actually Pete, I honestly don't think you should change your mind - some space away from here is probably a good idea whilst you come to terms with your grief - don't let this become something that could be construed as attention-seeking.

Oh goodness, not attention-seeking.

This is just one of the main means to communicate with lots of people I know; here and on Facebook. Otherwise I'd just be sending a similar email to everyone or having a redundant phone call with this person or that.

Following the U's is one of my happy moments per week, especially now in 2015.

Just don't think I'll be following the prem except for, when the Canaries are playing. We get all their games, every one. And Ippy, kind of a guilty pleasure. May attend Happy's Derby v ITFC before Christmas.

If I participate in the Happy League it could turn out to be pure guesses for the 15/16 campaign. But as MFB posted on the other thread, 1-1 and 1-0 are the best options.

When I dropped out as admin after 4 years, note the timeframe. Martha was in hospital constantly. She thought it was "cute" how much attention I paid to my picks and the administration of the PL late on a Friday night or Saturday morning. She indulged me in Saturday mornings of footy on tv. She eventually got to know more about ColU and English football than any other gal you'd ever meet.

I lost my better half.

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 520 viewsBarsidepete

My official withdrawal from the PL. Bye. on 12:10 - Jul 22 by burnsieespana

Pete so sorry as had not heard previously.
We are all different how we cope with losses of close ones so do it the wat you feel most comfortable.
Us ugly lot will always be hear for you so keep smiling!

Thank you, Burnsie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024