Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royals in Town tonight 11:12 - Aug 11 with 844 viewsdurham_exile

Fresh from a positive start to the season and perhaps unlucky not to win, TH will pit his wits against Championship side Reading, managed by Steve Clarke in the League Cup 1st Round at the WHCS.

This will be a stern test of the U’s credentials with experienced defender Anton Ferdinand expected to start for the Royals after being surprisingly left out against Brum on Saturday in their narrow defeat.

Colchester have not played Reading for over 10 years in a competitive game and with our poor LC form in recent years, the U’s will be looking to upset the form book and turn in a match winning performance.

In fact a cup run is just what is need to boost income and get the supporters through the doors.

Big George despite his run out in the reserves is not yet fit to play (Peterborough on Saturday) and so TH could line up:

Walker

Brindley Wynter Eastman Briggs

Edwards Moncur Gilbey

Ambrose Porter Massey

Subs:

Parish Kent Olufemi Vincent-Young Szmodics Bonne Sembie-Ferris

A decent crowd on Saturday could be replicated tonight with the Royals bringing a good contingent.

Not an evening for fear, we need to apply ourselves in what will be an interesting game.

Enjoy the match.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 19:15 - Aug 11 with 801 viewswessex_exile

Looks a bit '1st team' to me Durham - do you not think one or two might be rested for what for all intents and purposes should be our least important competition? Don't get me wrong, I'd love a cup run, but the FA Cup has more glamour, exposure and prize money, the Tin Pot Cup we stand a better chance of progressing further in, possibly even Wembley (again), and the league must take precedence over all of the above...doesn't leave much room for the League Cup (unfortunately, consider our achievements in this competition back in the day).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Royals in Town tonight on 19:41 - Aug 11 with 790 viewsdurham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 19:15 - Aug 11 by wessex_exile

Looks a bit '1st team' to me Durham - do you not think one or two might be rested for what for all intents and purposes should be our least important competition? Don't get me wrong, I'd love a cup run, but the FA Cup has more glamour, exposure and prize money, the Tin Pot Cup we stand a better chance of progressing further in, possibly even Wembley (again), and the league must take precedence over all of the above...doesn't leave much room for the League Cup (unfortunately, consider our achievements in this competition back in the day).

Wessex - two changes as you suspected:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Wynter Briggs

Gilbey Edwards Moncur

Sembie-Ferris Bonne Massey

(Porter and Ambrose rested)

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 19:41 - Aug 11 with 784 viewsBarsidepete

Good grief, the tie we are getting in the states is Yeovil v QPR. And as far as I call tell, The U's v Reading is not on The U's Player.

Is there a link to watch or listen to the U's?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Royals in Town tonight on 22:05 - Aug 11 with 747 viewsdurham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 19:41 - Aug 11 by durham_exile

Wessex - two changes as you suspected:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Wynter Briggs

Gilbey Edwards Moncur

Sembie-Ferris Bonne Massey

(Porter and Ambrose rested)

Up the U's

Extra Time being played - Attendance 2,706 (595 Reading fans)

Half Time of Extra Time - still 0-0

Injury to Walker after 59 mins - Parish in goal

Come on the U's
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 22:08]

Durham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:18 - Aug 11 with 733 viewsdurham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:05 - Aug 11 by durham_exile

Extra Time being played - Attendance 2,706 (595 Reading fans)

Half Time of Extra Time - still 0-0

Injury to Walker after 59 mins - Parish in goal

Come on the U's
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 22:08]

gunter 1-0 to the royals

come on col u

Durham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:24 - Aug 11 with 729 viewsdurham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:18 - Aug 11 by durham_exile

gunter 1-0 to the royals

come on col u

Disappointing result but the U's gave them a good game.

Bring on the Posh!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:31 - Aug 11 with 725 viewswessex_exile

Royals in Town tonight on 22:24 - Aug 11 by durham_exile

Disappointing result but the U's gave them a good game.

Bring on the Posh!

Up the U's

Brave effort and no disgrace - well done Col U.

Big shame about Walker, sounds like it might be a long lay-off coming up for him...but I don't think there's an armchair U's manager in the land that wouldn't have played him tonight.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Royals in Town tonight on 00:01 - Aug 12 with 688 viewsLeadbelly

Walker was stretchered off and it looked bad. A Reading player also suffered the same fate.

Reading looked good in the first and would have been in front except for two excellent saves by Walker. Not sure if we were better in the second half or Reading were worse but it was more even.

Players worked hard but at no point did we ever look like scoring. Reading 'keeper tipped one over the bar but I don't think it was going in anyway. Too much reliance on long diagonal balls which didn't work again. Edwards looked good again and Briggs didn't...again. Word from those in the know is that Kane Vincent-Young will be the first choice left back by the end of the season. Sooner the better in my opinion.

Effort is certainly there but I just don't see where the goals will come from with the current formation and tactics.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Royals in Town tonight on 17:01 - Aug 12 with 606 viewsBarsidepete

Today we get Derby at Pompey in the states. Oh joy.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2015 17:02]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024