Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's v Exiles in must win encounter at the WHCS 20:12 - Oct 7 with 565 viewsdurham_exile

After last week’s long distance trip to Carlisle, JM must prepare his charges (now with only one win in their last eight games) for the visit of bottom club Newport County.

With injuries mounting at an alarming rate (this is the third season running where we have had virtually a full team on the sidelines), JM must motivate his combination of youngsters and experienced players to somehow manage a win against the Exiles.

He has signed ex Watford and Rotherham defender Lloyd Doyley who has been training at London Colney to maintain his fitness.

Sean McCarthy and James Bittner again take charge of the Welsh side, while Graham Westley will be watching from the stand before taking over as manager on Monday.

Last weekend I made the short trip from Durham to Carlisle for the very disappointing match and result. Despite the lion’s share of possession (at one stage in the first half we passed the ball over 35 times without a Carlisle player touching it, though this was only 20 yards each side of the half way line).

Worse still, we wasted 14 corners (with Fosu the main culprit who was profligate both in possession and with his set piece delivery). We also managed 13 shots but only one was on target. Chris Porter was not fit and when Jabo Ibehre came on for the Cumbrians, you just knew that he was going to score and he did with an easy header to effectively secure the points for the home team.

Please remind me again why we lost his services? He was classy to the end and did not celebrate his goal and was applauded by the Roman Army at the end of the game and he also came over to applaud the Colchester supporters.

Back to our woes; the injury list now includes Sembie-Ferris, Dickenson, Kent, Lapslie, Briggs, Loft, Garvan, Dunne, and both Guthrie and Brindley are doubtful for Saturday’s encounter. Frankly this is appalling and unless the entire team has walked under ladders or run over black cats, it is difficult to fathom where all this bad luck is coming from. Kamara is also away on international duty with Finland.

So the message to the faithful is bring your boots on Saturday. JM will pick a team looking something like this:

Walker

Doyley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Wright Slater Szmodics Fosu

Johnstone Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove Wynter Vincent-Young Akinwande

Not only are three points crucial tomorrow but also it is vital to arrest this alarming slide down the table. Doncaster and Plymouth are waiting in the wings and Colchester must show some backbone to get back to winning ways.

The attendance is likely to be under 3,000 to go with our lowest ever gate against the U23 Southampton team during midweek.

Only victories and a vast improvement in form will see the gates increase.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

U's v Exiles in must win encounter at the WHCS on 21:22 - Oct 7 with 545 viewsLeadbelly

Two up front? That would be a welcome change.

I was pondering the injury situation this morning. It seems to be almost every season that we have serious injury problems affecting a high proportion of the squad.

Football is a physical game so players will get hurt but can our constant injury woes be just bad luck? Does the training regime play a part? Are we signing players with poor injury records when we perhaps should know better? I'm not casting aspersions, just very interested to know why we seem to have far more than our fair share every year and whether something could be done about it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's v Exiles in must win encounter at the WHCS on 19:06 - Oct 8 with 478 viewsnoah4x4

Useful point, probably the one we will need to stay up. Worst performance ever. Newport were dire, we little better.
U's v Exiles in must win encounter at the WHCS on 19:14 - Oct 8 with 473 viewsLeadbelly

It was absolutely awful but look in the bright side, there shouldn't be any new injuries...nobody worked hard enough to strain anything.

U's v Exiles in must win encounter at the WHCS on 13:38 - Oct 9 with 415 viewsLeadbelly

According to the BBC it was "a game low on chances and quality". I'm not sure it was that good but I won't argue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024