Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city 22:45 - Feb 15 with 729 viewsdurham_exile

JD travels to Bramall Lane with his charges with renewed confidence following a haul of 9 out of the last 12 points. The acquisition of young defender Bradley Garmston from the Baggies will only strengthen the U’s defence and he may well start against the Blades on Saturday.

Colchester’s only injury doubt is Brian Wilson from the starting XI from last week’s hard fought but deserved win against the Lilywhites.

Shrewsbury Town’s win against Tranmere Rovers tonight (on Sky) proves that any team is beatable (and I have been saying all season that Tranmere are massively overrated).

When can we expect to watch the U's again on Sky I wonder, perhaps Bournemouth Home!!!!

JD should approach the game at Sheffield with confidence. Danny Wilson has heaped all the pressure on his side by stating that their points return at home has been poor and their home record of W6 D6 L3 GF 24 GA 17 is the reason that they are not higher in the league.

The weather is set fair tomorrow, the pitch should be immaculate and this will suit Colchester’s passing style with Porter, Clifford, Massey, Sears and Ibehre all champing at the bit to get amongst the Blades defence.

Now make no mistake this is a difficult game but certainly not beyond the super U’s.

Depending on the fitness of Wilson, JD could line up as follows:

Walker (44)

White (25) Magnus (04) Thompson (40) Garmston (3)

Clifford (41) Wright (David) (2) Porter (39)

Massey (21) Ibehre (17) Sears (11)

Subs:

Shaun Philips, Tom Eastman, Andy Bond, Clinton Morrison, Marcus Bean, Drey Wright, Jack Compton

Colchester do not need to fear the Blades, a degree of respect of course but certainly no fear.

Clinton Morrison famously scored against them in the fixture at the WHCS and I wouldn’t bet against him making an appearance on Saturday, it would definitely stir up the crowd.

Freddie Sears may have made his Heskey and Owen comment with tongue firmly in cheek when referring to his partnership with Jabo Ibehre but no one can doubt that the goals are beginning to flow from the youngster and in Jabo Ibehre we have a superb leader of the line.

My only regret is that I will not be there on Saturday, but I have lined up 5 more away games before the end of the season. Three points on Saturday will not only enhance our ability to stay in the league but also will improve our confidence with difficult games coming up.

Safe journey to all travelling U's supporters.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Durham_exile

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 12:10 - Feb 16 with 694 viewsmrhappy

Amen. Hope your right but cant seem to shake off a 2-1 win for the blades, hope i'm wrong.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 13:47 - Feb 16 with 654 viewsburnsieespana

Come on you U's let us have a surprise result.......3 points be really fantastic but be happy with a draw!
Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 15:03 - Feb 16 with 607 viewsgerry_us

There is a free seat next to me Durham.
I'll let you off as you pulled in a win last wek, I'll try to do the same today.
Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 604 viewsBarsidepete

Present and accounted for, stream is crisp, Cmon the U's!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 15:08 - Feb 16 with 600 viewsBarsidepete

aw c@ap

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 558 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 15:03 - Feb 16 by gerry_us

There is a free seat next to me Durham.
I'll let you off as you pulled in a win last wek, I'll try to do the same today.

Gerry - sorry about the result - I watched the U's lose 3-0 last season at Bramall Lane, so some things clearly don't change!!!!

My next match is at the Monkey Hangers on 5 March.

In the meantime come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to blunt Blades in the steel city on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 484 viewsnoah4x4

I didn't go to the game; couldn't spare the travel time; instead went to cheer on Blackpool at the farmyard (and watch Wordsworth be totally outclassed until he mercifully got injured). So will somebody please explain the Bramall Lane statistics?

The BBC reckon the Blades had an incredible "85% possession" in a match lasting 90 + 6 mins.

Hence the U's had the ball for only 14 minutes, during which (according to BBC); we picked the ball out of the net 3 times, made 3 substitutions; had 8 shots; took 4 corners, probably took a dozen throws, and since the Blades had 14 shots and 7 corners, whilst committing 11 fouls, one might assume we took at least five goal kicks and 11 free kicks + assorted offside free kicks.

It looks to me that WHEN in possession the U's must either be the most industrious team on the planet and/or we only had possession when we were awarded a free kick or when the Blades otherwise gave the ball away! How come we had so little share of the ball?

But when not in possession (one assumes that, unless our fouls were committed following our free kick) we committed 16 fouls, resulting in 4 bookings. Surely we are not that sort of dirty team? Or were we chasing ghostly shadows as the possession stats suggest? Wouldn't surprise me, as Swindon did the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024