Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City away - to go or not to go... 11:33 - Aug 14 with 1852 viewsLeadbelly

...that is the question.

In my opinion the Coventry fans have been dumped on from a great height by the board and I fully understand the wish of the majority to boycott games at Sixfields. There are those who don't believe the board has done anything wrong, none being City fans as far as I'm aware, but they seem to be in a small minority.

Coventry is on my list of "do-able" away games this season but I'm not sure whether I should go. Support Col U or show some solidarity with fellow fans being dumped on? Is this an MK Dongs situation or not (Wessex, please advise!)

What are others planning to do?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 15:55 - Aug 14 with 1841 viewscarruthers

Re the 92 club, if you visit a ground used by an interloper does it count?#
Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 19:52 - Aug 14 with 1825 viewswessex_exile

Difficult one I grant you, but personally I don't see this as an MK Dongs thing at all, and were it doable for me I would probably attend (after a bit of soul-searching mind). There are, after all, some still connected with Coventry who are trying to do the right thing and get them back to Coventry to play - just too many Business Mouse egos getting in the way. Whereas, Wimbledon was a stitch up between those who 'ran' (pah) the club and Winkieman to sell a league place to the highest bidder.

I know it's not the point, but I doubt the paltry pennies that SISU receive from a couple of thousand at Sixfields (less rent, policing, stewards etc.) will make a jot of difference to them - though I can understand why Coventry City fans are boycotting games, and good luck to them in their struggle to return to the city.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 22:52 - Aug 14 with 1819 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 19:52 - Aug 14 by wessex_exile

Difficult one I grant you, but personally I don't see this as an MK Dongs thing at all, and were it doable for me I would probably attend (after a bit of soul-searching mind). There are, after all, some still connected with Coventry who are trying to do the right thing and get them back to Coventry to play - just too many Business Mouse egos getting in the way. Whereas, Wimbledon was a stitch up between those who 'ran' (pah) the club and Winkieman to sell a league place to the highest bidder.

I know it's not the point, but I doubt the paltry pennies that SISU receive from a couple of thousand at Sixfields (less rent, policing, stewards etc.) will make a jot of difference to them - though I can understand why Coventry City fans are boycotting games, and good luck to them in their struggle to return to the city.

I will not be going - I went to the Ricoh last season for the 2-2 draw, but will not travel to the Cobblers ground.

Reason - game moved to Sunday and I had planned for the Saturday match.

But I will be at Bramall Lane on Saturday - Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 12:09 - Sep 5 with 1719 viewsLeadbelly

I've decided to go on Sunday. Who else is making the trip?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Coventry City away - to go or not to go... on 09:03 - Sep 6 with 1676 viewsnoah4x4

In Marrakech; so the decision is out of my hands; but I would have gone; "only there for Col U".....but I will be tuned in on U's Player and via U'sual Chat.

Thought I could get Sky-Go too; but it won't work outside UK/Eire. Hope BBC Essex oblige! So here's a challenge for all my overseas pals in here. How do I get TV over internet for free?

Thanks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024