Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners 00:24 - Sep 24 with 1292 viewsdurham_exile

Answer - No

Bo**ocks to them - move on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 00:31 - Sep 24 with 1290 viewsBarsidepete

It is a bit of an incredible sidebar to the division isn't it?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 07:06 - Sep 24 with 1277 viewsnoah4x4

Because the O's have played the U's; had some fixtures where the U's had no game, plus last night were on TV; I have managed to see four of Orient's eight wins.

Only once have they impressed me - where they destroyed a very poor Notts County.

Against the U's we should have had a penalty (hence a draw).

Crewe were the better side; but lost in abysmal weather conditions after the O's were awarded two penalties after Lisbie had committed the first fouls.

Brentford overran them for 90 minutes; yet another penalty conceded.

Orient seem to have the knack of committing the first skulduggery; yet winning the penalty!
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 07:32 - Sep 24 with 1268 viewsGate16

But for all that they look a very solid outfit and in particular, a very well marshalled defence.

I thought the way the sub (Batt) took his goal said something as well.

I think they will stay up the top through the season unless injuries take a similar toll that we are experiencing.
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 08:00 - Sep 24 with 1263 viewsnoah4x4

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 07:32 - Sep 24 by Gate16

But for all that they look a very solid outfit and in particular, a very well marshalled defence.

I thought the way the sub (Batt) took his goal said something as well.

I think they will stay up the top through the season unless injuries take a similar toll that we are experiencing.

I agree; very solid at the back (why did we let Nathan Clarke slip through our fingers?). That's the basis of their success although it is Lisbie and Mooney that are getting all of the praise. But many of the goals I have seen have been on the counter attack during sustained periods of opposition pressure or after the dubious shirt-tugging skulduggery by Lisbie and Mooney has won unjust penalties or free kicks when defenders retaliate.

I have watched the U's; Crewe and Brentford batter them as regards possession and the better football; but nobody seems able to force the ball into their net. Its about "winning ugly"; no nonsense last ditch tackling and hoof it up the pitch stuff. No doubt the O's fans simply love them winning; but for a neutral it isn't too entertaining. Their real stars are the midfielders like Vincelot; Cox and Odubajo that run forever; hassle and win the balls that they are not expected to win. On a level of footballing skill the O's are only 6/10. But as regards effort; commitment; determination; stamina and like virtues they are off the positive scale. But with a small squad; any injuries and red cards may determine how they end of their season.

What's shocking me is that Brisbane Road HOME attendances are no higher than ours; despite having that wonderful CAMRA Bar (which is why we like going there) and the Royal Café serving the best liver & onions on the planet. This suggests to me that unless the U's get into the Championship; we won't ever get higher gates either despite WHCS (at last) making an effort to improve the match day experience.

If the U's could replicate the same on field characteristics; with our better basic ball skills; we could be Premier League. Think Joes taking them in the right direction....
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 08:01 - Sep 24 with 1260 viewsBluenWightExile

They have a good team spirit and have built up towards this with sensible acquisitions over two and a half years. A model effort really and they deserve this. Too much in-out, chopping and changing as with us over 4 seasons denudes the culture. Orient have done the opposite. It may not last as Gate16 says.
Didn't Luton begin with 9 from 9 recently in our league.....and now look at them!

Pinault-noir

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 08:21 - Sep 24 with 1260 viewsnoah4x4

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 08:01 - Sep 24 by BluenWightExile

They have a good team spirit and have built up towards this with sensible acquisitions over two and a half years. A model effort really and they deserve this. Too much in-out, chopping and changing as with us over 4 seasons denudes the culture. Orient have done the opposite. It may not last as Gate16 says.
Didn't Luton begin with 9 from 9 recently in our league.....and now look at them!

Exactly!

Joe Dunne is finding the YOUNG players with the skills; now it's next about creating a winning culture (and I don't mean tactics). The signs of improvement are there.

So Gilbey.....don't be a prima donna.....sign up; get on with it; or go back to Newport County. We DON'T want merely skilled individuals; we want to build a team and if you don't want to be part of it ........@&%£ Off!
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 18:52 - Sep 24 with 1239 viewsBFG

Play-offs at best. This must be a weak league.
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 23:16 - Sep 24 with 1225 viewsmfb_cufc

This League can not be as strong as we thought, before the season started, if an average team like Leyton Orient can win their first eight games. Everything has gone their way so far with no injuries or suspensions, and games against teams mostly at the bottom of the League. I expect them to fall away, just like Tranmere last season, and fail to make the play-offs.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 23:45 - Sep 24 with 1221 viewsBarsidepete

The O's just defeated Brentford 2-0 at Brisbane Road .. I don't think they're lacking confidence, and why this charmed season couldn't continue I don't know. I guess, as they say, that's why they play the games;)
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 23:46]

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 1198 viewsAFCMorant

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 23:45 - Sep 24 by Barsidepete

The O's just defeated Brentford 2-0 at Brisbane Road .. I don't think they're lacking confidence, and why this charmed season couldn't continue I don't know. I guess, as they say, that's why they play the games;)
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 23:46]

It was at Griffin Park, so an even better result for them as they have a very poor record at Brentford.
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 19:58 - Sep 25 with 1179 viewsBarsidepete

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 09:30 - Sep 25 by AFCMorant

It was at Griffin Park, so an even better result for them as they have a very poor record at Brentford.

Yes, of course, Griffin Park. Had a senior moment, haha :D

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 21:25 - Sep 27 with 1141 viewsOhOriOri

I agree the standard of opposition has been weak, and that first few games have been easy. However, even against the easy Orient are usually inconsistent. This season could be special. 1. because defence is solid. 2. because they have added Vincelot to the squad. 3. Two sharp strikers. You U's know how good Lisbie can be. 4. The key player is Moses Odubajo. If we lose him in January, it'll be play-offs at best.
So I think there is mutual respect amongst clubs of similar size. I'm watching Yeovil closely. I hope Orient join them, and Colchester soon after, but that Southend continue to descent into the depths.

BTW... BFG is sick of me telling him the score of my second Orient game.
Hint, against Colchester in 1988.

:-)
Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 21:28 - Sep 27 with 1140 viewsOhOriOri

Can the O's become the invincibles like the Gunners on 18:52 - Sep 24 by BFG

Play-offs at best. This must be a weak league.

Play-off will do. and give us Jabo back !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024