Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thurrock - Senior cup. 22:34 - Jan 20 with 502 viewsbwildered

U's safely through to the next round of the senior cup with 3-2 victory over Thurrock . Bonn started the scoring finishing the best move in the first half and Lapado adds a second with a cool finish after Bonn unselfishly puts him through after a strong run from a visitors corner just before half time .Harrison adds a third from outside the box after a positive run from midfield to give the young U's a comfortable lead.
However a tripple substitution from the visitors see them score with a low drive from outside the area that beat Cousins off his near post and with ten minutes left, a header from a break wide down the left side,which left the U's with a awkward finish, but held on without to much trouble.
Another good run out by the young U's who knocked the ball round well sometimes, and full credit to the management in using this competition to give match experience for the younger players, with Cousins has my MOTM with some excellent handing especially his ground work throughout.
A home clash against ( high flying ! ) Concord awaits in the next round .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Thurrock - Senior cup. on 16:26 - Jan 21 with 472 viewsnoah4x4

I thought the U's were never in danger until we lost Jordan Sanderson to injury; who has successfully converted from mid-feld to centre back. We then seemed to go three at the back and push Tosin Olefumi forward; a tactic which I couldn't quite understand. Suddenly the wheels seemed to come off; Thurrock score two and it was a nervous last five minutes.

I agree that Mark Cousins had a decent game and showed some exceptional bravery on the ground diving at players feet; but he didn't have to deal with any particularly dangerous crosses and apart from the two excellent efforts that beat him he was rarely troubled.

My MOM was Macca Bonne. Heads a ball like Andy Gray; wonderful receiver of the ball with his back to the opposition defence; and an eye for goal. What a prospect. Also was good to see Freddie Lapado back in a U's shirt.
Thurrock - Senior cup. on 18:34 - Jan 21 with 459 viewsbwildered

A most improved performance from the previous round, where a penalty shoot out kept us in the competition. Has Jordan Sanderson made a permanent move to centre half, where he looked comfortable last night until he seemed to occur a foot injury. The reason why I ask is because every time I see him play he ends up in another position, so wonder if anyone knows his best position or perhaps will become a utility player. However the blonde guy Kent, stepped up to the plate well after Sanderson's withdrawal.
Excellent contribution by Bonn who took his goal well and set up another but suffered slightly due to the quality of ball which he received at times particularly in the last quarter.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024