Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! 19:48 - May 21 with 701 viewswessex_exile

Okay chaps, thank you for your patience, here are the prediction requirements for the U'sual Champions League final head to head between Pete and Gerry:

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

A) Result - as usual 3pts for spot-on, 1pt for outcome
B) Goalscorer - name one goalscorer, 1pt per goal scored (including own goals)
C) Combined total attempts on target - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way
D) Combined total attempts off target - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way
E) Combined total number of corners - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way
F) Combined total number of fouls - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way
G) Combined total number of yellow cards - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way
H) Combined total number of red cards - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within 1 either way (a straight red is one, a second yellow is one red and one yellow)
TB) Minute of the first substitution - if there are no substitutions, the winner will be the closest to 91 minutes, subs made in 1st half injury time will be logged as 45 minutes, subs in the 2nd half injury time will be 90 minutes.

In the first instance, please PM me your predictions, which I will post once both sets are received. The only prediction which can't match is (A) Result, in which case the second to PM will be asked to predict again. As always, the scores will be tallied at the end of 90 minutes, extra-time and penalties will not count. All data will be as per the BBC Sport website, so I make no apologies if they get it wrong.

Coomster and Gate, please feel free to also fire in your 3rd/4th place play-off predictions for a bit of fun if you wish.

The winner will receive a replica shirt of their choice (within reason, I'm not trekking to the Himalayas for the Nepal 2nd XI away clash kit), plus of course automatic qualification for next season's U'sual Champions League competition.

Good luck Gerry and Pete, let battle commence...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 20:08 - May 21 with 692 viewsBarsidepete

ha! as if *edit
[Post edited 21 May 2014 20:08]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 09:05 - May 22 with 669 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 20:08 - May 21 by Barsidepete

ha! as if *edit
[Post edited 21 May 2014 20:08]

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 11:07 - May 22 with 660 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 09:05 - May 22 by gerry_us

Nice one, Gerrinho.

My coaches and technical directors, cracking scouting staff, we'll be ready for ya, IowaFC is geared to finally complete the PL quadruple in the trophy case .. * flips coin ..

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 08:20 - May 24 with 634 viewswessex_exile

A quick bump as the day is now upon us, and by way of gentle reminder...

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 09:15 - May 24 with 626 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 08:20 - May 24 by wessex_exile

A quick bump as the day is now upon us, and by way of gentle reminder...

Two on board, two to go.

Don't forget, leave enough time to re-pick if your score predictions match...

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:14 - May 24 with 616 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 09:15 - May 24 by wessex_exile

Two on board, two to go.

Don't forget, leave enough time to re-pick if your score predictions match...

Costa not playing affects my strategy. A lot of points to be gotten by other means, though. Will pm shortly, Wessex.

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:18 - May 24 with 606 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:14 - May 24 by Barsidepete

Costa not playing affects my strategy. A lot of points to be gotten by other means, though. Will pm shortly, Wessex.

No hurry Pete. Maybe even wait until tomorrow.
U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:23 - May 24 with 601 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:18 - May 24 by gerry_us

No hurry Pete. Maybe even wait until tomorrow.

No seriously. The nebulous state of Costa made me rethink a number of stats.

Best of luck, mate:) .. Should be a fun one to watch. Although I'm not sure how much of a factor even Christiano will be. There has the potential for a grimacing 0-0, but I'm not crazy enough to predict that.

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:57 - May 24 with 591 viewsBarsidepete

PM'd, Wessex.

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 18:42 - May 24 with 581 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 14:57 - May 24 by Barsidepete

PM'd, Wessex.

Got them Pete, and no score prediction match with Gerry, so Game On!

Gate, Coomster yet to post, but if he doesn't make it, I have you lined up against the Excel RANDBETWEEN() function (though obviously you'll get 3rd spot regardless of the result). I'll give Coomster until kick-off to be fair, so everyone's predictions will appear a minute or two after kick-off.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 19:42 - May 24 with 579 viewswessex_exile

Pete and Gerry, here are your matched predictions - good luck chaps!

Pete v Gerry
Real v Atletico
1-2 (A) 3-2
Bale (B) Bale
12 (C) 11
20 (D) 18
17 (E) 11
28 (F) 29
7 (G) 5
0 (H) 2

Note I have left your TB off for now, let's keep that bit of suspense until if and when it's needed

(edit - your predictions wouldn't make any difference to the 3rd/4th place game, so...)
[Post edited 24 May 2014 19:45]

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 19:49 - May 24 with 569 viewswessex_exile

Gate, you're playing against and Excel mathematical function - good luck!

Excel v Gate
Real v Atletico
1-3 (A) 1-2
Modric (B) Bale
5 (C) 7
18 (D) 13
11 (E) 8
23 (F) 24
4 (G) 5
3 (H) 0

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 20:08 - May 24 with 564 viewsgerry_us

Good job you ditched Costas Pete!
1st sub must be out of the window for both of us I suspect.
U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 20:48 - May 24 with 558 viewswessex_exile

Okay so, scores on the doors at half-time as follows:

Pete 3 v 0 Gerry
Excel 2 v 3 Gate

Pete currently ahead courtesy of his zero red cards prediction, but with the feisty nature of the game, will it stay that way?

Gate currently proving humans are better than machines, but can he keep it that way?

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 22:16 - May 24 with 544 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - predictions please! on 20:48 - May 24 by wessex_exile

Okay so, scores on the doors at half-time as follows:

Pete 3 v 0 Gerry
Excel 2 v 3 Gate

Pete currently ahead courtesy of his zero red cards prediction, but with the feisty nature of the game, will it stay that way?

Gate currently proving humans are better than machines, but can he keep it that way?

Holy cow, Bale makes it 2-1 in the 110' ..

luckily stats ended after 90, if I understand correctly (1-1 the correct PL score?) ..

Saved by no red cards, perhaps..

Also, predicted 7 yellow cards. Have lost track if there were 6 or 7 ..

Ouch, RM 3-1 now..

Christiano 4-1. How that unraveled for Atletico. You could tell they were holding on for dear life at 0-1..
[Post edited 24 May 2014 22:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024