Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the last film you actually decided to watch on the big screen? 15:36 - May 8 with 476 viewsBarsidepete

"Interstellar," for me.

Pretty good, but perhaps a bit long.

On a side-note, looks like the era of gruesome horror flicks is finally over. Thank goodness. The Omen movies were perhaps some of the last ones I saw, alas, that was the 70's. How many decades ago was that? They were smartly done without that gratuitous violence. Phantasm in the 80's, Some Stephen King adaptations, Christine, Carrie, Children of the Corn, cheeky smart. Clive Barker's Hellraiser. That was my turning point. Scared the daylights out of me seeing it.

I was never willing to publish Stephen's poetry in UrbanUS because that's not his strong suit .. Yes, I rejected Stephen King's submission ...And yar, have seen his house and my ex before Martha, her name Heather, went to high school with his son in Maine (where I did live for half a year, and moved both her and her two kiddos to Virginia before things got complicated and we split, no cheating, just not right for each other) ...

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, that was terrific if you like a good date flick

Favourite movies ever? Groundhog Day and Titanic and The Great Escape, not necessarily in that order. Ouch, have to add Star Wars and The Bridge on the River Kwai, the latter the first movie my dad ever took me to. He was a Vietnam veteran and we saw this at the military base in Nurnberg --while he was still in the Army.

Happy VE day by the way. Not by the way. Happy VE day :):)

*had to edit typos. sorry.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 18:51]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

What was the last film you actually decided to watch on the big screen? on 16:46 - May 8 with 452 viewsLeadbelly

The second Hobbit was the last film I saw at the cinema...dragged kicking and screaming and I enjoyed it about as much as the first one. Refused to budge when offered round three.

I'll leave comments on the horror genre to Fruitbat. Right up his alley.

Best film I've seen lately - The Grand Budapest Hotel

Favourite movies ever? For me it's defined by whether I can catch the film by chance on TV and turn off, turn over or go to bed without watching to the end. Those that qualify for me include Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Godfather 1 & 2 and School For Scoundrels

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

What was the last film you actually decided to watch on the big screen? on 18:34 - May 8 with 434 viewsBarsidepete

What was the last film you actually decided to watch on the big screen? on 16:46 - May 8 by Leadbelly

The second Hobbit was the last film I saw at the cinema...dragged kicking and screaming and I enjoyed it about as much as the first one. Refused to budge when offered round three.

I'll leave comments on the horror genre to Fruitbat. Right up his alley.

Best film I've seen lately - The Grand Budapest Hotel

Favourite movies ever? For me it's defined by whether I can catch the film by chance on TV and turn off, turn over or go to bed without watching to the end. Those that qualify for me include Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Godfather 1 & 2 and School For Scoundrels

Now that you mention it, Lead, of course, The Shining with Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall -- Ms. Duval also known for her role in Popeye with comedic legend, Robin Williams-- I cannot get rid of the image of Stephen's movie where Jack N. typed redrum over and over again, however. -- used to live just a few number of blocks from Robin in San Francisco when I published and edited the mag... Mr Duval lives here outside of Wash DC, in rural Virginia.

The Godfather 1 and 2, they won best picture honours, didn't they. Which makes me think of Al Pacino in Scarface, that was effectively the end of my watching that genre of films as well. Just too grim. I could see a turn in how these type of movies were going. Raging Bull, excellent. Robert De Niro.

Taxi Driver with De Niro and Jodie Foster. That reminds me that Silence of the Lambs was chilling. I give that one four stars but have never been able to watch it again. Did see that on the big screen as well.

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, a real thinking person's movie. You seem to like what Jack N has been in

Back on point, tell us about your last film in a cinema and, as Leadbelly has contributed, your favourites. Or ones you hated.

Feel free to weigh in on good date flicks too.
[Post edited 9 May 2015 18:18]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

What was the last film you actually decided to watch on the big screen? on 06:41 - May 9 with 385 viewsthrillseeker

The last film I saw at the cinema was Frozen. The joys of having young children
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024