Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June 14:14 - May 13 with 612 viewsBarsidepete

That apparently applies to both current season ticket holders and new ones.

Under 11 ST's will remain free with an adult who has an ST.

5% is not terrible but no other incentives after 17 June? Those Tuesday night games are hardly going to pull in a crowd. Or a tie versus none of us much give a whiff about. And even a season ticket holder, if they don't show up, that's less money for the concessions stands, the club shop.

edit: there is something, actually, pretty cool about playing under the lights. I've been at the Wessie on a Tuesday.

[Post edited 13 May 2015 15:49]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 08:31 - May 14 with 559 viewsnoah4x4

Prices go up 5% on June 17th; the same day as the league fixtures are published. So those buying the shorter 'X match' packs won't know what games are in the first block. But this also makes it an awkward decision for many full ST holders.

Firstly, if one pays by direct debit, that is surcharged by 5%; but the payments are not spread over 12 months. I wonder what effective APR that is (e.g. high)? So unless one buys a full ST and pays cash at the 'early bird' rate, one is suffering a price rise.

Then, even at the full discounted ST price; equivalent to £14 per game over 23 games; one can't afford to miss too many matches (e.g. for say holidays or work commitments) else it is not worth it.

I personally feel that the differential between 'early bird'match day tickets and season tickets needs to be much greater (as at Ipshite) to attract a larger hard core of ST followers. Frankly, I tend to miss so many home games each season that I am thinking long and hard about NOT renewing and instead buying (advance) 'early bird' match tickets so that I won't ever pay for those matches I will miss. But how can I make that judgement when the cut off to make that decision at the best price is before the Division One Fixtures are published?

I suspect this date/cut off is deliberate policy to encourage more of us to renew early, but I think it is sneaky when it is almost two months before the first scheduled fixture and we must buy 'blind'.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 8:34]
The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 16:22 - May 14 with 531 viewsBarsidepete

The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 08:31 - May 14 by noah4x4

Prices go up 5% on June 17th; the same day as the league fixtures are published. So those buying the shorter 'X match' packs won't know what games are in the first block. But this also makes it an awkward decision for many full ST holders.

Firstly, if one pays by direct debit, that is surcharged by 5%; but the payments are not spread over 12 months. I wonder what effective APR that is (e.g. high)? So unless one buys a full ST and pays cash at the 'early bird' rate, one is suffering a price rise.

Then, even at the full discounted ST price; equivalent to £14 per game over 23 games; one can't afford to miss too many matches (e.g. for say holidays or work commitments) else it is not worth it.

I personally feel that the differential between 'early bird'match day tickets and season tickets needs to be much greater (as at Ipshite) to attract a larger hard core of ST followers. Frankly, I tend to miss so many home games each season that I am thinking long and hard about NOT renewing and instead buying (advance) 'early bird' match tickets so that I won't ever pay for those matches I will miss. But how can I make that judgement when the cut off to make that decision at the best price is before the Division One Fixtures are published?

I suspect this date/cut off is deliberate policy to encourage more of us to renew early, but I think it is sneaky when it is almost two months before the first scheduled fixture and we must buy 'blind'.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 8:34]

As having the most expensive ST of them all, if you know what I mean .. I wait to plan my travels to see 3-5 on the trot. For inexplicable reasons, have never been to an away tie. Not one. No idea why that is.

Be that as it may, I wait for the perfect block of fixtures, and I agree with you, Noah, if one acquires a full season ST, inevitably one wouldn't attend all.

Would I blindly purchase tickets for let's say 7 November to 21 November without knowing what I was getting?

However, for the ST holder, it's not going to be a mystery, Noah. They are not completely purchasing "blind" as you say. They will know every club that comes calling at Cuckoo Farm. Just not what day as early bird commitments.

I wish there were other incentives for non-ST holders. At baseball games we have $1 hot dog days; 4 times a year the Nats have a post-game concert with a major act. That packs the park. More could be done. (Are you listening, Matt Hudson?) -- it doesn't take a genius to crunch numbers and get more to the WHCS with a post-game concert, twice, thrice as year, and while they are setting it up--and I've seen how quickly this can be done--attendees will purchase more beverages and food as they wait. Then you offset some if not all costs with a sponsor that will love to be attached to the show.

This is not rocket science. The PR department can step up more. Great peeps in there, but more can be done to raise the profile of Colchester United, directly or indirectly.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 16:29]

The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 19:02 - May 14 with 511 viewsgerry_us

The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 16:22 - May 14 by Barsidepete

As having the most expensive ST of them all, if you know what I mean .. I wait to plan my travels to see 3-5 on the trot. For inexplicable reasons, have never been to an away tie. Not one. No idea why that is.

Be that as it may, I wait for the perfect block of fixtures, and I agree with you, Noah, if one acquires a full season ST, inevitably one wouldn't attend all.

Would I blindly purchase tickets for let's say 7 November to 21 November without knowing what I was getting?

However, for the ST holder, it's not going to be a mystery, Noah. They are not completely purchasing "blind" as you say. They will know every club that comes calling at Cuckoo Farm. Just not what day as early bird commitments.

I wish there were other incentives for non-ST holders. At baseball games we have $1 hot dog days; 4 times a year the Nats have a post-game concert with a major act. That packs the park. More could be done. (Are you listening, Matt Hudson?) -- it doesn't take a genius to crunch numbers and get more to the WHCS with a post-game concert, twice, thrice as year, and while they are setting it up--and I've seen how quickly this can be done--attendees will purchase more beverages and food as they wait. Then you offset some if not all costs with a sponsor that will love to be attached to the show.

This is not rocket science. The PR department can step up more. Great peeps in there, but more can be done to raise the profile of Colchester United, directly or indirectly.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 16:29]

"For inexplicable reasons, have never been to an away tie. Not one. No idea why that is"

Is it because you get "bladdered" the night before?
The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 02:58 - May 15 with 493 viewsBarsidepete

The U's ST prices going up 5% on 17th June on 19:02 - May 14 by gerry_us

"For inexplicable reasons, have never been to an away tie. Not one. No idea why that is"

Is it because you get "bladdered" the night before?

Yes. But blame falls on a gal named Katie and our boarders who like seeing me fall under the table.

We'll have a re-do next time around. Good luck to Grimsby at Wembley. That's going to be fun to watch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024