Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie 13:34 - Jan 9 with 888 viewsBarsidepete

Haps will be be more than "happy" to remind that in 1946, his Derby County 4 -- 1 Charlton FA CUP FINAL. ... yup have to add some fresh perspective. To the breeze .. all good. Our U's win

Bert Turner. Look it it up

know bout my edit? don't care a whiff. It was a stupid typo. Up The U's !! Onward... I have a mate who keeps wanting to take me to a game at the Valley. I'm like, um, I don't think so.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 14:27]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 15:08 - Jan 9 with 852 viewsMadeira163

Gutted thought I could listen on player
I'm on plane on route to Madeira plane has wifi but will let me read results but not listen agh
Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 17:30 - Jan 9 with 822 viewsdurham_exile

My parents went to that cup final in 1946!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 18:31 - Jan 9 with 805 viewsnoah4x4

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 17:30 - Jan 9 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Born the following February Durham?
Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 796 viewsdurham_exile

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 18:31 - Jan 9 by noah4x4

Born the following February Durham?

Noah ten years later in 1956.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 20:43 - Jan 9 with 765 viewsmfb_cufc

My games teacher at school was a Charlton fan. He was always drumming into us to never give up in games, using his Charlton as an example. They were losing 5-1 at home to Huddersfield with 27 minutes to play, and ended up winning 7-6, after playing most of the game with only 10 men. This is the only case in Football League history of a team scoring six goals and losing. The Huddersfield manager that day was the one and only Bill Shankly.

mfb

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 21:49 - Jan 9 with 750 viewspwrightsknees

Charlton's Johnny Summers scored five goals, set up two and scored a six-minute hat-trick. He scored the winner after an amazing "wonder run", beating defender after defender. Johnny later revealed that he changed his boots at half-time after his old pair had started falling apart. I read about it in the paper the morning after.

Just checked him on Wikipedia, and, sadly, he died of cancer aged only 34. The match was played 21st December 1957.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 21:50]
Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 718 viewsBarsidepete

Addicks, let's get over it. Tis a great tie on 17:30 - Jan 9 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Given my form in MFB's PL, I predicted the Addicks to win. *rule is, whatever Pete picks, go the other way.

I am so thrilled it turned out to be good luck. If only Big George could net one for me in Daniel's PL as I predict him to score the first one many a week

I've got a funny feeling this will be a very good draw.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024