Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations CUFC Ladies! 07:42 - May 13 with 526 viewswessex_exile

Champions of Essex County League 2 in their inaugural season, and still to play Southminster United in the League Cup final for an equally impressive double. To say they dominated the league is an understatement - won all 18 games (the other two were awarded as wins because their opponents couldn’t field teams), conceded just nine goals and scored a whopping 129!

It’s a shame the season is over, would have been nice for them to have paraded the trophy at a full JobServe. Maybe first game next season instead?

Well done CUFC Ladies!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 14:21 - May 13 with 467 viewsdurham_exile

Well said Wessex

Tremendous achievement for the Colchester Ladies.

Durham_exile

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 19:01 - May 13 with 438 viewsDaniel

Nice for those that care, but Colchester United for me is all about 3pm Saturday.

I would much rather the women's game have established itself with new clubs instead of affliating itself with existing men's teams. So many independent clubs have been lost due to MK Dons style rebrands.
Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 03:01 - May 14 with 399 viewswessex_exile

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 19:01 - May 13 by Daniel

Nice for those that care, but Colchester United for me is all about 3pm Saturday.

I would much rather the women's game have established itself with new clubs instead of affliating itself with existing men's teams. So many independent clubs have been lost due to MK Dons style rebrands.

Each to their own I guess, but I’m happy that there’s room enough for 3pm on Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays. Many (most?) of the 92 seem to agree, and personally I think it’s great that after so long we now have another ladies side at the U’s. I’m not sure I get the MK Dons comparison though? As far as I’m aware the return of CUFC Ladies hasn’t put another ladies side out of existence - which is literally what happened to non-league side MK City in 2003 when the franchise arrived in town.

Up the U's

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 10:51 - May 14 with 373 viewsburnsieespana

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 03:01 - May 14 by wessex_exile

Each to their own I guess, but I’m happy that there’s room enough for 3pm on Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays. Many (most?) of the 92 seem to agree, and personally I think it’s great that after so long we now have another ladies side at the U’s. I’m not sure I get the MK Dons comparison though? As far as I’m aware the return of CUFC Ladies hasn’t put another ladies side out of existence - which is literally what happened to non-league side MK City in 2003 when the franchise arrived in town.

Congratulations to Colchester ladies.
Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 19:12 - May 14 with 331 viewsDaniel

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 03:01 - May 14 by wessex_exile

The MK Dons reference is that many established independent women's teams have lost their identity and been rebranded. One such example being Broxbourne Ladies who are now Tottenham Hotspur Women.

Interestingly, one of the original big names of women's football, Doncaster Belles, still exist. They're now called Doncaster Rovers Belles (after a merger) but operate independently of Doncaster Rovers.
Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 09:27 - May 16 with 216 viewswessex_exile

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 19:12 - May 14 by Daniel

The MK Dons reference is that many established independent women's teams have lost their identity and been rebranded. One such example being Broxbourne Ladies who are now Tottenham Hotspur Women.

Interestingly, one of the original big names of women's football, Doncaster Belles, still exist. They're now called Doncaster Rovers Belles (after a merger) but operate independently of Doncaster Rovers.

I didn’t know anything about Broxbourne Ladies, so I had to look them up. They’ve been going a long time, and quite a successful side too. Given they had to ask for permission to change their name to Tottenham Hotspur Ladies back in 1991, it sounds like they wanted to - or am I missing something?

Up the U's

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 21:43 - May 19 with 91 viewsdurham_exile

Many congratulations to Colchester ladies.

A league and cup double.

Superb performance.

And 6-0 today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 12:02 - May 20 with 50 viewswessex_exile

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 21:43 - May 19 by durham_exile

Many congratulations to Colchester ladies.

A league and cup double.

Superb performance.

And 6-0 today.

Up the U's

It can't be overstated either - Southminster are champions of League 1, and about to be promoted to the Premier League. Phenomenal result to cap a phenomenal season.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations CUFC Ladies! on 17:43 - May 20 with 16 viewsRSCOSWORTH

What an incredible season for our U's ladies. Really good for the club to have a women's team again. Hopefully they'll get an opportunity to play at the stadium next season. I know Danny's daughter is a promising footballer so there might be more of an attempt to make the ladies more connected with the club as a whole.

I guess there was no way around this but I do feel that the league they were in was probably not great for them or the other teams in the division. Massive wins or defeats aren't ideal for development or enjoyment. Always a difficult one but maybe common sense could've prevailed and they could've been allowed to start higher up the pyramid, would've been better for all involved.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024