Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The squad 14:04 - Jul 11 with 670 viewsLeadbelly

I see Drey Wright has now signed professional forms, the sixth youth teamer to do so.

By my calculation we have sold, released or lost at the end of contract 7 first team players. We have signed two players .

John Ward has also said recently he doesn't envisage any more players leaving the club but hopes to add a couple more.

I'm delighted youth is being given a chance but do those who know much more than me about our youngsters believe they are ready to take the big step up into League 1? Will we be lacking experience, particularly up front? Or will the new boys show no fear and take League 1 by storm?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The squad on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 665 viewsnoah4x4

We will find out soon with the pre-season friendlies starting this week.

Having seen a few of the youngsters (lapado, Sanderson etc) in the reserves and/or Essex Senior Cup, I am confident about their skills. My concern is do they yet have the physical presence and temprament for Division One? The two mentioned must be getting fairly close, and Lapado looks a strong lad.

Nobody also seems to be talking about Tom Bender - who accredited himself well at Accrington Stanley and in the Welsh youth squad until his horror injury. So is the plan to pair him (or Heath) with the highly competent Eastman now Magnus has gone? here, I am assuming here that Tom is still with us...but as I said, no mention of him of late (so has he gone?)
The squad on 14:52 - Jul 11 with 660 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We have a least three Tom's in the current squad and that includes both Bender and Eastman. I've a feeling Eastman is going get better and better, just needs the right partner.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The squad on 17:33 - Jul 11 with 655 viewsRSCOSWORTH

On the subject of the squad it was definitely too big last year and needed trimming, problem is that we've trimmed five or six from our match day squad. In my opinion we need two more strikers, one of them being an experienced player. Another centre back would be nice but if that doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. I'm hoping Ward show's some faith in the youngsters and gives them an opportunity to show what they can do. If you never try them then you never know...Lawrie Wilson anyone?

The squad on 21:34 - Jul 11 with 643 viewsBlue4U2

The squad on 17:33 - Jul 11 by RSCOSWORTH

On the subject of the squad it was definitely too big last year and needed trimming, problem is that we've trimmed five or six from our match day squad. In my opinion we need two more strikers, one of them being an experienced player. Another centre back would be nice but if that doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. I'm hoping Ward show's some faith in the youngsters and gives them an opportunity to show what they can do. If you never try them then you never know...Lawrie Wilson anyone?

I see LW signed for Charlton yesterday
Not a bad move considering we released him ages ago !
The squad on 22:51 - Jul 11 with 638 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The squad on 21:34 - Jul 11 by Blue4U2

I see LW signed for Charlton yesterday
Not a bad move considering we released him ages ago !

Not just signed, Charlton paid money for him and gave him a three year deal! We let him go without letting him kick a ball for the first team. We did get him for nothing though and from Charlton strangely enough!

The squad on 23:20 - Jul 11 with 636 viewsdurham_exile

We still need a centre half, midfielder and striker.

Bean and Sears good signings

Perhaps Gavin Massey might be released by Watford!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The squad on 00:04 - Jul 12 with 634 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The squad on 23:20 - Jul 11 by durham_exile

We still need a centre half, midfielder and striker.

Bean and Sears good signings

Perhaps Gavin Massey might be released by Watford!

Up the U's

Another midfielder? Do you not think we've got enough already? Granted some better ones would be nice but Ward has said there won't be any more departures so I think any remaining wages would be better spent on bolstering our forward line. There must be someone that could come up with a list of possible targets...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024