Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS 20:40 - Sep 28 with 625 viewsdurham_exile

Thursday 27 September 2012 should go down in the annals of Colchester United as an historic day.

The club appointed Joe Dunne and another U’s legend Mark Kinsella as their dream team.

Joe Dunne has wasted no time by bringing in, for 3 months, the Arsenal duo of Sanchez Watt and Craig Eastmond plus the "Bear" — Jabo Ibehre from MK Dons also on loan.

Moving in the other direction - Andy Bond has gone on loan to Crewe Alexandra, initially for one month.

JD clearly wants to shape things his way and his cri-de-coeur sent by e-mail to all U’s supporters sets out his vision, future plans and desire to achieve good things for the club with positive attacking football. Bleed blue and white is indeed the way forward.

I cannot remember such a turnabout week since those heady days of May 2006 when Parky had secured football to the Promised Land. Having walked out of Glanford Park last Saturday in a haze of despair and frustration, I approach this weekend with considerable optimism and bonhomie.

JD & MK are the dream team. A mix of skilful football and raw passion for the beautiful game. New ideas, attacking football and hopefully the results to match.

So first up are the Monkey Hangers with the redoubtable Neale Cooper in charge and with Stephen Howard that perennial goal scorer visiting the Weston Homes.

JD has a squad of 19 to call upon. Sadly John Joe O’Toole is still missing. I think that JD will introduce all three loan signings into the action with a 4-3-1-2 formation:

Cousins

Wilson Heath Eastman Coker

Eastmond Bean Woody

Watt

Ibehre Massey

Subs:

White Magnus (ankle injury permitting) Doogie Izzet Sears Morrison Hendo

Make no mistake this will be a tough game, Cooper will have a game plan to frustrate, he will be wary of the new Manager bounce and will look to defend and catch Colchester on the break.

Do not worry about Colchester bringing in three new players — both Preston and Pompey have brought together entire new teams this season, the latter only able to train for 24 hours prior to their first outing.

JD knows the squad and the three new faces are his signings. East Anglia has not fared as badly weather-wise this week and so Florence Park will have been actively engaged in preparing a new breed of Colchester player.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack will be the motto, but not to the extent of foolhardy Keeganesque tactics.

JD will be looking to start on a high with a win. The faithful have been lifted this week and the attendance which threatened to fall below 2,000 could be boosted to 4,000 or maybe more.

My only regret is that I can’t be there, but am confident that the gloom will have lifted somewhat over the Weston Homes come 4.55 Saturday afternoon.

Keep the faith

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 13:04 - Sep 29 with 579 viewscarruthers

I shall know when the new era dawns when we score more than one goal before half time, or even score at all. A good summing up Durham.
A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 17:03 - Sep 29 with 562 viewsdurham_exile

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 13:04 - Sep 29 by carruthers

I shall know when the new era dawns when we score more than one goal before half time, or even score at all. A good summing up Durham.

Much more like it - listened on U's player.

Plenty of attacking options.

Watt and Eastmond played well.

The Bear - Ibehre MOTM and could have scored a hattrick on debut

3-1 did not flatter the U's

Keep up the good work.

Joe Dunne's blue and white Army

Up the U's

Durham_exile

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 18:32 - Sep 29 with 547 viewsBaldrick

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 17:03 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

Much more like it - listened on U's player.

Plenty of attacking options.

Watt and Eastmond played well.

The Bear - Ibehre MOTM and could have scored a hattrick on debut

3-1 did not flatter the U's

Keep up the good work.

Joe Dunne's blue and white Army

Up the U's

Absolutely brilliant !!! I take my hat off to you Joe !!
As for the drip in the twitter box on here he said
" win was set up by John Ward. "
Set up by John Ward YOU GOTTA BE JOKIN MATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I shall enjoy my pint tonight !
A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 18:45 - Sep 29 with 544 viewsbwildered

Monkey off the U's back today with their first three points of the season. But the new era did not get off to the best of starts when a sloppy Eastmond pass leads to the Monkey Haggers scoring, it looked like ground hog day especially after Rose headers off the line .Massey and Watt play wide and stretch the play and the U 's get plenty of possession which leads to Massey slotting home with a ball threaded through the middle.
Ibehre latches on to mistake by Monkey Hangers defence to tuck the ball pass keeper to give the U's the lead up to halftime.
One wondered how the U's would come out after the break, but no need to worry has the now confident U's bossed the second half, letting the ball do the work to create plenty of chances, especially from the wide areas.
A third goal, sealed a victory after good work wide and a great cross in from Rose, resulting with Ibehre knocking the ball passed the keeper at the far post.
Joey's first win in charge, Eastmond looked a class player after his early mistake, Watt strong on the ball and Ibehre led the line well.
But my MOTM goes to Rose who did not put a foot wrong creating a goal and keeping the U's in it by clearing off the line.
Full credit to Dunne with three good signings, getting the U's to play some attractive football and making the visiting keeper work for a living.
Attendances will increase if we continue this fair.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 23:25 - Sep 29 with 522 viewscarruthers

A new era dawns - Dunne and Kinsella v the Chimp Chokers at WHCS on 13:04 - Sep 29 by carruthers

Hello, is that the sun I see, and a blue sky. Ho hum
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024