Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Manager 14:21 - Dec 27 with 1411 viewsburnsieespana

Should Dunn be sacked now and somebody like O'Driscoll appointed as don't think that otherwise we will survive.
Our Manager on 15:50 - Dec 27 with 1208 viewsRSCOSWORTH

For me, no, I'm not a big fan of sacking the manager when results don't go as expected. I have faith in Joe Dunne and I think he'll keep us in this division this season.

I see John Ward kicked off his new tenure at Bristol Rovers with a draw...no real surprise there!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Our Manager on 16:37 - Dec 27 with 1198 viewsBaldrick

Our Manager on 15:50 - Dec 27 by RSCOSWORTH

For me, no, I'm not a big fan of sacking the manager when results don't go as expected. I have faith in Joe Dunne and I think he'll keep us in this division this season.

I see John Ward kicked off his new tenure at Bristol Rovers with a draw...no real surprise there!

Us old buggers wanted Mr Ward kicked out last January if he had gone then I dont think we would be in this position now. Beggers belief on the thinking of those at boardroom level.

Joe " THE MANAGER " should be given more of a chance but even he is questioning some of the players as he as reportedly stated ie:-

“Whether one or two of them are waiting for me to get the sack, that’s up to them. But there’s certainly a lot more potential at this club. Some of these players are capable of a lot more !!!!

We all I am sure have played some sport at different club levels and you alway's get the chat in training of players not giving their all for manager captain etc. This as we have stated before would have been sorted if we had got a manager outside the club. Some of this lot we have playing now would not get a lookin.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Our Manager on 18:54 - Dec 27 with 1181 viewsburnsieespana

I have to say that, in supporting Col U for over 50 years I have never shouted for the Manager to be sacked and don't now. However, I am exceedingly worried that JD doesn't really seem to have much of a clue except to shout at players and blame them for the string of defeats.
My view is that the "buck stops with the Manager" and it would be so very sad if we end up in division 2 next year after the last 20 years of progress. It is not an easy league to get out of, just look at Sarfend's difficulty.
As you all know I was not in favour of JD being appointed as felt "an outsider" was required since his was the second "insider" promotion to Manager.
Our Manager on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 1173 viewsGate16

I think the next four weeks and any decision he makes will be probably the most difficult of any time in Robbie Cowling's tenure as Chairman/ Chief Executive.
I really want Joe to succeed as he is 'U's' through and through but so was Geraint Williams and we were in a similar situation around this time in 2007/8 - Robbie backed his man and we know how that ended up.
I really am glad this is not my call. It doesn't seem much doubt that there are internal problems - whether Joe is going to be able to sort them remains to be seen. This is similar to what Jewell faced and ultimately left Ipswich yet McCarthy seems to be sorting it. This is a very, very tough one. As Burnsie says, I think if we go down it might take years and years to recover.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Our Manager on 22:22 - Dec 27 with 1156 viewsBarsidepete

Our Manager on 15:50 - Dec 27 by RSCOSWORTH

I think we should sack John Ward so Dunne gets a chance to work his magic, err, sorry RSCO, your cue

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Our Manager on 10:22 - Dec 28 with 1132 viewswessex_exile

Sack Joe - not a chance, certainly not before he's had a chance to properly build his own squad and weed out those that don't fancy being a part of it. I saw enough in those early weeks of Joe's tenure to be convinced he knows what he's doing and is determined to get us back to playing the right way. Okay, we rode the new wave of optimism pretty well, and now we're settling down to the hard graft, but I'm certain Joe will keep us from relegation.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Our Manager on 13:32 - Dec 28 with 1121 viewsdurham_exile

The faithful must stick with JD and MK for the next 6 games at least, between them they do have the knowledge to get us out of this mess.

JD has been exceptionally unlucky, having brought in two of the best midfield talents in Sanchez Watt and Craig Eastmond and then to have them both crocked after both were doing so well for the U's. Now the third JD signing Ibehre is also injured.

I saw enough at Walsall to suggest that the ability is there but too many players do not have the drive or determination to see it through.

JD now has a youthful team and combined with this is some experience which should be enough.

Finishing 20th or better must be our aim. Despite my 6th place prediction we are good enough to finish in the top 12, but points must be gained and soon.

Suggest to stay;

Cousins
White
Thompson
Eastman
Potts
Massey
Gilbey
Izzet
Bean
Wright
O'Toole
Ladapo
Wilson
Pentney
Compton
Ibehre
Magnus
Bond
Sears
Morrison

Plus:
Another striker - definitely
and another midfield player

On their way:

Rose
Woody - for some cash
Henderson

In summary give JD more time, after all another manager has the unenviable task of rebuilding again and JD inherited the overwhelming majority of the current squad.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Our Manager on 14:18 - Dec 28 with 1117 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Our Manager on 22:22 - Dec 27 by Barsidepete

I think we should sack John Ward so Dunne gets a chance to work his magic, err, sorry RSCO, your cue

Ward? Dunne? We need Mills out and Foley given a chance!

Login to get fewer ads

Our Manager on 20:54 - Dec 28 with 1092 viewsnoah4x4

I didn't get chance to post my usual "Noah's View" after Brentford. But if I had had time, I would have focussed on Joe Dunne's bravery in team selection.

Consider the team that beat Bury.....

Sullivan, Wilson, Okuonghae, Eastman, Rose, Bean, Eastmond, Wordsworth, Sears, Ibrehe, Henderson.

Now consider what Joe Dunne selected on Boxing Day. NINE changes to the starting line up since our LAST winning performance (only Eastman and Bean survived).

There have been cries from the fans "for more youth" - so he has brought in Gilbey, Wright and Lapado (bench). Other fan cries are for John White - so John White has had a go. "Try Rose further up front" - but that didn't work too well at Walsall. "Try Morrison/Sears" and/or "Morrison/Ibrehe" in "4-4-2".

Lord sakes....Joe Dunne has been listening ...and trying stuff....whilst players have been dropping like flies - either injured or suspended - or rightfully dropped.

What else can Joe do at the moment except a rain dance to get tomorrow's game postponed to buy time before the transfer window (else Eddie the Eagle will be on the bench at Crawley).

Our Manager on 21:29 - Dec 28 with 1086 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Our Manager on 20:54 - Dec 28 by noah4x4

I didn't get chance to post my usual "Noah's View" after Brentford. But if I had had time, I would have focussed on Joe Dunne's bravery in team selection.

Consider the team that beat Bury.....

Sullivan, Wilson, Okuonghae, Eastman, Rose, Bean, Eastmond, Wordsworth, Sears, Ibrehe, Henderson.

Now consider what Joe Dunne selected on Boxing Day. NINE changes to the starting line up since our LAST winning performance (only Eastman and Bean survived).

There have been cries from the fans "for more youth" - so he has brought in Gilbey, Wright and Lapado (bench). Other fan cries are for John White - so John White has had a go. "Try Rose further up front" - but that didn't work too well at Walsall. "Try Morrison/Sears" and/or "Morrison/Ibrehe" in "4-4-2".

Lord sakes....Joe Dunne has been listening ...and trying stuff....whilst players have been dropping like flies - either injured or suspended - or rightfully dropped.

What else can Joe do at the moment except a rain dance to get tomorrow's game postponed to buy time before the transfer window (else Eddie the Eagle will be on the bench at Crawley).

With a name like Noah you really should have a better handle on the weather! Especially if it involves a lot of rain! Tomorrow's game was postponed earlier this afternoon due to a waterlogged pitch.

Our Manager on 21:40 - Dec 28 with 1081 viewsnoah4x4

Our Manager on 21:29 - Dec 28 by RSCOSWORTH

With a name like Noah you really should have a better handle on the weather! Especially if it involves a lot of rain! Tomorrow's game was postponed earlier this afternoon due to a waterlogged pitch.

I never did get the hang of being a prophet.

More into profit - hence 4x4 (to allow for inflation).

Keep rain dancing Joe Dunne!

Our Manager on 21:55 - Dec 28 with 1078 viewsBaldrick

Our Manager on 14:18 - Dec 28 by RSCOSWORTH

Ward? Dunne? We need Mills out and Foley given a chance!

I think you will find Ward went sometime ago.
What planet are you boy's on ??

Anyhow we reckon bring back Benny Fenton !

Sorry Boy's bit before your time ?
Our Manager on 22:11 - Dec 28 with 1072 viewsdurham_exile

Our Manager on 21:55 - Dec 28 by Baldrick

Bobby Roberts or Jim Smith?

I still think we need Parky back (eventually) but we must allow JD more time to turn things around.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Our Manager on 22:14 - Dec 28 with 1071 viewsnoah4x4

Durham Exile for Manager....

He is still a believer....
Our Manager on 23:03 - Dec 28 with 1068 viewsBaldrick

Our Manager on 22:11 - Dec 28 by durham_exile

Bobby Roberts or Jim Smith?

I still think we need Parky back (eventually) but we must allow JD more time to turn things around.

Up the U's

Durham we believe a big majority of the supporters want Joe tobe given a chance, but even he knows there is problems in the camp and the Jedwood sorry Deadwood needs sorting out in January.
Our Manager on 16:01 - Dec 30 with 1037 viewsburnsieespana

Ah Benny Fenton and the missed penalty.........
Our Manager on 20:40 - Dec 30 with 1025 viewsBaldrick

Our Manager on 16:01 - Dec 30 by burnsieespana

Ah Benny Fenton and the missed penalty.........

Ah yes Ipswich, big gate that day anycase their keeper cant remember his name made a good save. That really was not the problem we I think drew the next 2 or 3 games which cut our lead in the league.
Some brain out there must know the full story.
Our Manager on 22:37 - Dec 30 with 1017 viewsgerry_us

Not before my time.....unfortunately.
Our Manager on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 911 viewsburnsieespana

Is it now time for Joe Dunne to resign?
Our Manager on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 904 viewsdurham_exile

Our Manager on 17:06 - Jan 12 by burnsieespana

Is it now time for Joe Dunne to resign?

If JD doesn't go now, he will have to go if we fail to beat the Monkey Hangers next week.

This is now so serious after 9 successive defeats!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Our Manager on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 904 viewscarruthers

Ok,I know, i am an armchair supporter,and i remember the last time we lost eight in a row, i went to all the home [and possibly[ some of the away games. I think we should stick with Joe, he has taken over at a bad time and I think he should be given time, once we win a game the tide will turn, even if we get relegated, somebody has to go down and football like everything else goes in cycles.
As for Scunthorpe, i am reminded of the old chant, 'Your nothing special, we lose ever week' Ho hum
Our Manager on 17:09 - Feb 23 with 750 viewsburnsieespana

Despite all the comings and goings in January we are still sadly in decline so as our season must now surely be over with the trapdoor wide open below us what should JD do?
Stay or go is the question.....
Our Manager on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 742 viewsBluenWightExile

I have a fear that JD and what he has at his disposal may well be doing as well as they can Jon.
This all has a nasty look of our 2nd year in the Championship when we went down without a whimper really. Shipped lots of goals and frankly tended to give up if we went behind.

I wonder if there are deeper problems around?
Why else would a [smaller] club such as Yeovil with far less cash do so well so consistently at Div 3 level?

If we do not beat them on Tuesday we are in danger of becoming adrift with resurgent H'pool and the other two who look doomed.

Pinault-noir

Our Manager on 14:14 - Feb 24 with 679 viewsGate16

I now firmly believe that if Joe does not go now we will go down.

I can't believe there can be many, if any precedents for a team to lose nine on the trot, have a small rally and then lose 5-1 in such an abject performance as yesterday.

Frankly, it's difficult to see what he can now do.

He has moved out the players he didn't fancy ie Rose, O'Toole, Wordsworth, Henderson, Bender etc and the team that played is very much his team.

For them to have performed so poorly - the defence looks like conceding at any decent attack and we offer so little up front. We are playing two wingers who struggle do beat their men (Porter has pace but this does not seem to last a full game) and it needs a complete turn of faith for him to turn it now.
Our Manager on 13:33 - Feb 25 with 626 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I certainly don't think now is time to get rid of the manager. Now is time to back the manager and the team and do whatever we can as fans to help ensure we're still playing League One football next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024