Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
right, now thats all over..... 17:42 - Apr 28 with 1223 viewsFruitbat

....what do we need to avoid being in the same position this time next year?

All the loanees have gone, what do we do?

To start, a keeper. Sam walker would be nice. I'd be reasonably content with wilson and white at full back but we lack any sort of cover. Is matt heaths contract up? If so i assume he goes, does that leave us short or are magus, eastman and thompson sufficient at centre half?

Midfield requires some craft and creativity, dare one hope for craig eastmond or is he out of our league? Is david wright the midfield boss we've lacked? Can we replace the pace and trickery of george porter?

Finally, a regular and reliable goal scorer.

I forsee a busy summer ahead.
right, now thats all over..... on 14:29 - Apr 29 with 1180 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Get more points!

Seriously though, we need to start the season better and not go on a nine game losing run again. We also need to turn 0-1's into 1-1's and have a more effective plan B.

We definitely need a new keeper. I'd love to get Sam back on a season long lone but if not why not offer Dean Gerken the chance to come "home"?

Heath's contract is up and won't be renewed. I think we'll go with the three centre backs for now and use White as cover if need be.

I think Eastmond will be loaned out to a Championship side next season and although I think his contribution has been invaluable this season I'm not sure I see Wright being our new midfield boss. In fact I don't see any of our current midfielders as being "must play" players which is a worry.

Goals, goals, goals! We definitely didn't score enough this season and allowed too many teams to keep clean sheets against us. Getting Ibehre signed up on a two year deal is a must and then try to find him a reliable partner. I still haven't given up on Freddie.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

right, now thats all over..... on 14:48 - Apr 29 with 1176 viewsLeadbelly

What we do is be much, much more consistent. I think Joe has a clear idea of how he wants to play but doesn't have that many players who can do it. A significant clear out will be required.

We lack pace. Watt showed how scared of it other teams are in League 1.

Leadership is also lacking. Duguid and Izzet won't be seen again I assume and genuine captain material looks in short supply (John White perhaps?)

Central midfield is all a bit slow, a bit predictable and unable to trap a bag of sand.

Jabo apart we are lightweight in attack. Apart from him and Sears did we play anyone contracted to the club?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024