Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Sell Out 08:27 - Jul 19 with 671 viewsnoah4x4

Match sold out - no tickets available on the night.

This proves the correlation between a club's league status, the appeal of fixtures and likely attendances. If we regularly want crowds of over 5,000, we must get out of Division One.

We regularly topped 6.000 at Layer Road (and hence sold out) when in the Championship. The expectation of some was that this would continue in the new more attractive WHCS stadium and it didn't. Low attendances at WHCS are little to do with its location, or parking or transport; it's simply about the appeal of the fixtures (and results). Even if we dropped prices by 10% or 20% I doubt if we would ever attract more spectators whilst in Division One, and the only impact of lower ticket prices is a loss of aggregate gate receipts.

We MUST become a winning team and get promoted. So might this be our season?

With the Arsenals, Chelsea's and similar being prepared to loan us players; and Spurs and West Ham willing to play us pre-season.....all since Joe Dunne took over.......maybe?

So EXCITED about tonight....

Spurs Sell Out on 09:28 - Jul 19 with 656 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Mr Noah, you and your large boat are spot on.

In the Championship I'd be surprised if our average attendance didn't top 7,000 and we'd probably sell out a few games a season.

We might not get promoted this season, or next season but I believe in what Cowling and Dunne are trying to achieve and I think we will be back in the Championship one day. If Yeovil can do it anyone can do it.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Spurs Sell Out on 12:52 - Jul 19 with 636 viewsLeadbelly

Tonight's sell out is down to people wanting to see Spurs. I wish it were not so but it is.

There is no doubt Championship football would add to the attendance but a winning team in League 1 will do that as well. I think the latter scenario is more likely.

With money tight and turgid fare on offer under Hoofroyd and Ward it's no wonder some people stopped coming. Can't say I blame them. Hopefully a more energised and successful side under Joe Dunne will encourage some of those to return.

For all the positive noises coming from the club about season ticket sales I saw that we have sold around 1,300 ST's so far, compared with 1,450 last season. The current sales figure was very recent so no guarantee we will sell more than last year. Good performances this season would, I hope, change that next season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Spurs Sell Out on 23:43 - Jul 19 with 603 viewsdurham_exile

Looking forward to your match report Noah for the Spurs game.

Walker and Cousins both played well between the sticks.

Oh and by the way put your money on Col U this season because we are going up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Spurs Sell Out on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 547 viewsnoah4x4

Durham; I am not doing a full Spurs match report; as the routine press have summed it up very well. A credible 0-0 draw; but to be fair; we might have lost four-nil had it not been for some fine saves from Walker and Cousins.

Spurs were a class above West Ham, but the U's also raised their game accordingly. By contrast, on Saturday we gave a 1 - 4 hiding to Braintree. In the first half we were commanding; but in the second half we were dire. I have come to the conclusion that these friendlies mean little other than provide a useful run out and some valuable revenue for the home sides.

The most telling summary for me; I recall a trainer being on the pitch only once on Friday and never on Saturday. With "let's have can't kick ones way out of a paper bag tackling to avoid injury", what conclusions can be reached?..................I think only one.......

If you add together;

a) The worth of all tickets, pies, shirts sold on the night; plus;
b) The total valuation of the U's Squad; plus
c) The annual wage bill at WHCS; plus
d) The value of the WHCS freehold; plus
e) The aggregate value of all 2,000 cars parked in the car park; plus
f) Robbie Cowlings pension fund; plus
g) The aggregate worth of Mrs Noah's considerable collection of shoes

You still won't get to the sum that Spurs want for Emmanual Adebayor.

What a waste of money (and here for once I don't mean for Mrs Noah's shoes; snigger).

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024