Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Dickson 11:25 - Jul 26 with 1640 viewsLeadbelly

Sounds like we will be signing him today on a 12 month contract.

I've not been to any pre-season games so have no idea what he's like. Does he solve our problem at left back?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ryan Dickson on 15:33 - Jul 26 with 1618 viewsnoah4x4

Has performed ably, as have Pappoe and Olefemi.

Difficult to predict how the U's back four will line up on 3rd August. But I wouldn't be surprised (or concerned) if NO Wilson or Magnus with Dickson at LB.
Ryan Dickson on 16:26 - Jul 26 with 1613 viewsburnsieespana

Has officially signed so guess that is all the transfer work done apart from loans which will come later.
Ryan Dickson on 16:34 - Jul 26 with 1609 viewsLeadbelly

A gap plugged at the very least.

Also very happy to see Drey Wright has signed a new contract keeping him at Col U until 2016. I think he has real potential.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ryan Dickson on 10:51 - Jul 27 with 1576 viewsdurham_exile

Ryan Dickson on 15:33 - Jul 26 by noah4x4

Has performed ably, as have Pappoe and Olefemi.

Difficult to predict how the U's back four will line up on 3rd August. But I wouldn't be surprised (or concerned) if NO Wilson or Magnus with Dickson at LB.

What is wrong with Brian Wilson?

I've always been impressed with his form and Col U performances.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ryan Dickson on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 1569 viewswessex_exile

Ryan Dickson on 10:51 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

I'd agree, Wilson surely has to be in the starting line up?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ryan Dickson on 11:51 - Jul 27 with 1572 viewsnoah4x4

Ryan Dickson on 10:51 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Brian Wilson is a good professional; a solid defender; but not as remotely exciting as Tosin Olefumi; whom I think should now be given a few starts.

Tosin has so far made only one primary First Team appearance (26 minutes) as a sub (versus Bury - Away) and has played most of his under 21 games on the wing/midfielder where I have seen him many times and he has always impressed.

However, in pre-season matches; Tosin has been converted to a full back. His pace, agility and skill going forward has impressed; whilst he has defended as ably as Wilson. I reckon Pappoe will also soon over take Magnus to be alongside Tom Eastman; with Dickson on the other flank.

Similarly; Alex Gilbey has come on leaps and bounds since his awful debut at Northampton (JP Trophy - Away) having been out on loan and filled out a bit. Hence I think this is the season that the youngsters Pappoe; Olefumi; Gilbey and Drey Wright will announce the skills required to bring the crowds back; whilst supporting croed favourites Ibrehe; Watt; Eastmond; Massey and Walker; with one of Wright (David) and Bean adding a bit of mid-field bite.

Hence sidelined will be Wilson; Izzet; Bond and others from the 'old guard'. The Category II Youth Academy has been THE best investment ever...mark these words.
Ryan Dickson on 15:55 - Jul 27 with 1556 viewsdurham_exile

Ryan Dickson on 11:51 - Jul 27 by noah4x4

Brian Wilson is a good professional; a solid defender; but not as remotely exciting as Tosin Olefumi; whom I think should now be given a few starts.

Tosin has so far made only one primary First Team appearance (26 minutes) as a sub (versus Bury - Away) and has played most of his under 21 games on the wing/midfielder where I have seen him many times and he has always impressed.

However, in pre-season matches; Tosin has been converted to a full back. His pace, agility and skill going forward has impressed; whilst he has defended as ably as Wilson. I reckon Pappoe will also soon over take Magnus to be alongside Tom Eastman; with Dickson on the other flank.

Similarly; Alex Gilbey has come on leaps and bounds since his awful debut at Northampton (JP Trophy - Away) having been out on loan and filled out a bit. Hence I think this is the season that the youngsters Pappoe; Olefumi; Gilbey and Drey Wright will announce the skills required to bring the crowds back; whilst supporting croed favourites Ibrehe; Watt; Eastmond; Massey and Walker; with one of Wright (David) and Bean adding a bit of mid-field bite.

Hence sidelined will be Wilson; Izzet; Bond and others from the 'old guard'. The Category II Youth Academy has been THE best investment ever...mark these words.

Noah no complaints from me as long as they achieve promotion!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024