Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley 23:33 - Jul 23 with 1710 viewsPHony

Does anyone have footage of this match?
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 16:28 - Jul 24 with 1687 viewsgerry_us

Vivid memories of Friday evening at Wembley and feeling rather sorry for all the Torquay fans with their travel arrangements. Don't think it was televised.

Ah, good times....must be ready for another trip to Wembley in some form or another this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 21:36 - Jul 24 with 1672 viewsPHony

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 16:28 - Jul 24 by gerry_us

Vivid memories of Friday evening at Wembley and feeling rather sorry for all the Torquay fans with their travel arrangements. Don't think it was televised.

Ah, good times....must be ready for another trip to Wembley in some form or another this season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Ahhh such a shame thanks for answering tho!
Yessss defo well overdue! :)
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 1664 viewsBlue4U2

It was shown in full on Sky sports and I have an old VHS recording complete with a part of Soccer Am when Helen Chamberlain - a confirmed Torquay fan struggles to do the live show less than 12 hours after her team's demise, quality!!
David Gregory - In off the post ! I spoke to him after Layer Road was closed and he said "When he hit the penalty he thought he had missed it and was relieved to see it hit the post" Some memories never die !!

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:00 - Jul 24 with 1663 viewscarruthers

I went with some friends and really enjoyed the night then went back again the next day for an England game.
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:41 - Jul 24 with 1658 viewsdurham_exile

I went to the game, no footage I'm afraid but I do have (somewhere) my 35mm photographs taken on my old Pentax MV1, no digital in those days.

No need for Wembley this coming year because we are going up automatically.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 06:48 - Jul 25 with 1655 viewsnoah4x4

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:41 - Jul 24 by durham_exile

I went to the game, no footage I'm afraid but I do have (somewhere) my 35mm photographs taken on my old Pentax MV1, no digital in those days.

No need for Wembley this coming year because we are going up automatically.

Up the U's

That's the super optimistic Durham that we know and love. It was depressing in here last season when even you had given up all hope of a play off place with a month to go!

......and for once I share your optimism D E!

This is THE year....but I do think it will take a trip to Wembley.
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 20:00 - Jul 25 with 1624 viewswessex_exile

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:00 - Jul 24 by carruthers

I went with some friends and really enjoyed the night then went back again the next day for an England game.

Traitor! It was that meaningless friendly against (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, someone like that?) that switched our match to Friday in the first place - but it was a fantastic evening, even if nearly ruined by the worst scuffed penalty in the history of football...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 22:49 - Jul 25 with 1613 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 06:48 - Jul 25 by noah4x4

That's the super optimistic Durham that we know and love. It was depressing in here last season when even you had given up all hope of a play off place with a month to go!

......and for once I share your optimism D E!

This is THE year....but I do think it will take a trip to Wembley.

I suppose any promotion will do Noah, but always good to go up automatically!

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:24 - Jul 25 with 1611 viewsPHony

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Blue4U2

It was shown in full on Sky sports and I have an old VHS recording complete with a part of Soccer Am when Helen Chamberlain - a confirmed Torquay fan struggles to do the live show less than 12 hours after her team's demise, quality!!
David Gregory - In off the post ! I spoke to him after Layer Road was closed and he said "When he hit the penalty he thought he had missed it and was relieved to see it hit the post" Some memories never die !!

Any chance i could get a copy?
Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 21:20 - Jul 26 with 1585 viewscarruthers

Saudi Arabia 0-0-------poor game

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 1471 viewsBlue4U2

Colchester United and Torquay United on 22 May 1998 at Wembley on 23:24 - Jul 25 by PHony

Any chance i could get a copy?

Yes if you like, but I've no idea how to go about copying it.
I am not very "technically minded" though if you were to copy it, I would prefer to have a DVD copy myself, the missus is always on at me to get rid of VHS tapes etc........

Let me know if you would like to sort something out either on here or PM me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024