Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daggers humble U's 20:39 - Sep 3 with 1473 viewsnoah4x4

Why are we so awful in cups?

Magnus sent off - maybe a blessing. At least we can't blame him when Coventry turn us over on Sunday.

Is the honeymoon over?
Daggers humble U's on 21:01 - Sep 3 with 1461 viewsgerry_us

So we are concentrating on the league then?
Should we withdraw from the FA Cup to avoid further embarrasment?
Daggers humble U's on 21:38 - Sep 3 with 1451 viewsnoah4x4

Chelmsford; Posh; Daggers
For 3 Against 12.

2013-14 can't score two goals.

We need a striker and defenders to replace Magnus and Wilson (captain?).
Daggers humble U's on 07:54 - Sep 4 with 1413 viewsdurham_exile

It's all about the league.

Injury to Massey not good though.

Magnus out for one game.

Three points on Sunday at Northampton and all will be forgiven.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Daggers humble U's on 11:54 - Sep 4 with 1391 viewsBluenWightExile

Yes Durham it certainly is all about div 1 now.
Still 3 or 4 county championship cricket fixtures left and we are already thrashed out of the cups.
I take no comfort from saying in my post on Monday that I feared a thrashing was on the cards. Colchester are a fledgling JD team and have very little form to rely on, too few old heads and clearly not enough 'nous' yet.
How many more times must we endure past players feasting on our inability to do homework on them!? 3 in a week!

Magnus is a Conference player at best, mistake-strewn, cumbersome and does not read the game effectively. Now there's a chance for someone to make a case for themselves.

Sadly, nice pretty football well-described by Noah apart the U's have made little progress since a year ago. We've played 7, scored 7 and let in 12 or 13?

Played 7, won 2, drawn 2, & well, well, well beaten in the other 3.
We are not a 'grown up' side yet and our squad needs to learn fast.

Tricky times for a week or two, I think. But I am full of hope that the style of play - provided we learn how to be robust and switched on out on the pitch - will see us hold a mid table position. Our football club needs to be experiencially managed and that could prove to be the problem. For several seasons we have not looked terribly well prepared before games on many occasions. Our fans deserve better than constant embarrassments as at Northampton and Chelmsford last season and already with the 1-5 and last night this time around. It's all in the manner of these defeats - the 'how'. It must be addressed.
I'll relax if we get anything out of Sunday.

But Durham..............please get us a striker!
Up the U's

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024