Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's players mentioned in song 10:18 - Sep 17 with 1258 viewsLeadbelly

Just discovered "Svarc rejects new Layer terms" is the closing line of "Fear My Wraith" by Half Man Half Biscuit.

Outside of a football ground are there any other U's players immortalised in song?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's players mentioned in song on 10:26 - Sep 17 with 1257 viewsnoah4x4

The karaoke rendition of the Stevie Wonder song as sung (in English) by a German......?

Izzett she lubbly
Izzett she vunderful
U's players mentioned in song on 10:55 - Sep 17 with 1248 viewsnoah4x4

Its easy to identify some U's players names in song; For example; Google 'Songs containing Walker' and up will come a list of 168.

But how about a lyric containing the surname of our new hero Jeffery Monakana?

Here; I quote from http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2013/09/04/beach-boys-collaborators-stephen-ka

Stephen Kalinich:
Mona Kana is about a gorgeous Hawaiian Indian maiden calling across the waters of her undying love. He hears it and that restores the symphony of life. It is love crying out, knowing that underneath it all is bliss.

Dennis and I envisioned a video, a movie, a visual component. (recites lyrics)…

“Mona Kana, eeenie Weenie Kana, Oona kan na aneque nanana, my love is in the river calling from a dream, she calling out to me, I flow with the stream Mona Kana Eeenie wenie Kana…”

Do I win a prize Leadbelly (or do I have to find a lyric with "Jabo Ibrehe" in it?).

I wonder...chant from the South Stand...."Mona kana; eeenie weenie Kana, Oona...."

Nah; we are all too stuffed full of real ale for tongue twisters like that...or are we?
U's players mentioned in song on 12:03 - Sep 17 with 1238 viewswessex_exile

Wembley Wembley by the Special Duties - littered with U's player references I think you'll find.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's players mentioned in song on 12:54 - Sep 17 with 1234 viewsLeadbelly

No prizes on offer I'm afraid, but good work Noah & Wessex.

I'm still trying to locate a second hand copy of "Tony Adcock, you can shag my mum" by Cypress Hill (12" inch club remix on ginger vinyl)

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024