Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That hilarious Roy Hodgson joke in full 14:50 - Oct 18 with 814 viewsLeadbelly

“NASA decided they’d finally send a man up in a capsule after sending only monkeys in the earlier missions,”

“They fire the man and the monkey into space.

“The intercom crackles, ‘Monkey, fire the retros.’

“A little later, ‘Monkey, check the solid fuel supply.’

“Later still, “Monkey, check the life support systems for the man.’

“The astronaut takes umbrage and radioes NASA, ‘When do I get to do something?’

“NASA replies, ‘In 15 minutes — feed the monkey.’”

Cue media meltdown.

If this is what passes for a half time team talk then I fear World Cup glory remains beyond England...and it's not funny.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

That hilarious Roy Hodgson joke in full on 15:12 - Oct 18 with 807 viewsBarsidepete

I believe in American parlance it means the grinders, the workers. There is a popular radio host that says here Go Bang Your Monkey, meaning get your local radio outlet to carry our (nationally syndicated) show..

Much of what I got out of this is that Andros Townsend is a workhorse (maybe another analogy that could have been used, but good grief the kid is such a newbie, just work for your stripes, your England kit)...

Just stupid. Roy Hodge meant no disrespect, especially not in a mixed-race clubhouse. I can't fathom the rationale to alienate some players and their sensibilities and the value of a laugh at the expense of one player,.. or some others who make up the backbone of the Three Lions... He pretty much said, Townsend is our future, just get him the frickin ball and see what happens. That one off the bar was a sublime strike. Can Andros become an American citizen? We'd be thrilled to have him:D

*edit,.. even Andros described the comment as a compliment, as reported on the BBC today... Good grief, it was! .. he was being referred to as an integral cog, what about that that is unclear?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2013 15:39]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

That hilarious Roy Hodgson joke in full on 17:27 - Oct 19 with 751 viewsdurham_exile

A slightly different version of the monkey joke as printed in the Times

Nasa decided to send a shuttle into space with two monkeys and an astronaut on board. After months of training they placed all three in the shuttle and prepared for launch.

Announcement: "This is mission control to monkey one. Do your stuff"
The first monkey began typing frantically and the shuttle took off.

Two hours later: "This is mission control to monkey two. Do your stuff"

The second monkey started typing like mad and the shuttle separated from the empty fuel tanks.

Another two hours later "This is mission control to astronaut..."

At this the astronaut shouted: "I know, I know - feed the monkeys and don't touch anything."

Anything to distract me from the abysmal result at Brentford!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024