Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spineless England 07:58 - Dec 28 with 573 viewsnoah4x4

I went to bed at "lunch" (01:30 UK time) with England cruising; and Cook & Carberry in total control. I then rose at 06:30 UK astonished to see Aussies 0-0 after the most abysmal England batting collapse. Then; seemingly no gremlins in the same 'drop in wicket' for the aggressive Oz openers despite a new cherry.

How did we allow Haddin and No. 11 Lyon to add 40 ?
Even so; that was still a lead of 51; and then over 100 for no wicket.
Can we blame this batting failure on Trott's absence at 3?
How did we let a second rate dibbly doobly get a soft five-fer?
Can these professionals play "too much cricket"?
Have they eaten too much turkey (er......Fosters)?
Exactly why did Swann retire mid series?
Been away too long?
What hope a miracle tomorrow?

We now need a 1981 Bob Willis performance with the ball; but without having had the inspiration of a Botham with the bat have today's bowlers the same appetite? Frankly; I expect to see a few more retirements at the series end as minds & bodies will be spend after spending part of almost every day of a series in the field.

Will see you all bleary eyed at WHCS tomorrow (remember the Victoria Inn is opening early for us at noon); as I guess I won't make my bed much before 04.00am tonight.....hoping for a miracle. But three points against Crewe and all will be forgotten.

Spineless England on 10:53 - Dec 28 with 551 viewsgerry_us

What odds on a magnificent double Noah?
If "Essex Boy" Monty can weave his magic then anything is possible.
And U's? Well, anything is also possible.
Spineless England on 01:41 - Dec 29 with 517 viewsRSCOSWORTH

If you thought yesterday was bad then I hope you're not watching today. They could at least pretend to try / care.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Spineless England on 09:02 - Dec 29 with 509 viewsgerry_us

Well that's the double gone!
Spineless England on 07:51 - Jan 3 with 471 viewsnoah4x4

Another year; another late night; and another test.....

Went to bed at 'lunch'; Oz four down
Woke up to see Stokes mop up the tail.
So far so good......

In between; Rankin gets crocked (but how could he ever be match fit having not played for six weeks?); and Borthwick has been despatched to all parts of the SCG. Now we are 8-1 and a five -nil whitewash possible.

It just shows that making wholesale changes to selection and tactics doesn't necessarily alter things. It is a staggering statistic that after trapping Watson LBW at will during the summer only 18 balls have been bowled at his stumps in five tests in Oz. The 19th on target got him.

Now we are missing Root as a bowling option to ease the burden on Anderson; Broad and Stokes given Rankin's demise. I wonder if this could be Pieterson's chance with the ball?
Spineless England on 00:56 - Jan 4 with 441 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Don't look now!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Spineless England on 07:01 - Jan 4 with 439 viewsdurham_exile

Spineless England on 00:56 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Don't look now!

Looks like there will be plenty of "whitewash" to paint any number of cricket pavilions.

Ben Stokes will be a future great though!

Frankly the rest should give their match fees to charity.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Spineless England on 15:54 - Jan 4 with 420 viewsgerry_us

Strange to think that we "occasionally" complain when we travel to see our team only for them to perform below par.

Bit of a different case for the Barmy Army
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024