Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. 13:03 - Jan 20 with 11373 viewsBloodyhills

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-fc-de

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 19:35 - Jan 20 with 2163 viewsexiledclaseboy

Put it in the mixer mun.

Poll: Tory leader

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 2155 viewswaynekerr55

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 19:35 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Put it in the mixer mun.

Well someone behind me at the Everton game advocated playing into the channels

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 19:52 - Jan 20 with 2140 viewsJethroJack

I mentioned in another thread (MOTD2...verbal diarrhoea)...that Hansen's gone from describing our passing game as "brave & a breath of fresh air for the premier league" to "its a passport to relegation".

The man is a COCK
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:36 - Jan 20 with 2106 viewsOldjack

He's spot on ,it's easy to fuk us up get in our faces and this has always been the case, this we have no answer too ,even the best have to hoof it to a front man every now and then

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:42 - Jan 20 with 2097 viewscontroversial_jack

He's spot on. we have been sussed out.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:43 - Jan 20 with 2094 viewsexiledclaseboy

PUT IT IN THE MIXER FOR F*CKS SAKE!

Poll: Tory leader

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:50 - Jan 20 with 2084 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

You'll never win anything with triangles.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:50 - Jan 20 with 2084 viewsDarran

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 19:40 - Jan 20 by waynekerr55

Well someone behind me at the Everton game advocated playing into the channels

Yeah we know you've said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:58 - Jan 20 with 2071 viewsswancity

There is nothing wrong with the style of football. But to execute it successfully we need quality in the side and we are simply missing too many key players.

We did well for the opening half hour against spurs but when we didn't get the goal you sensed trouble ahead. They had that bit of extra quality going forward and cashed in.

Hansen can be ignored. He is criticising the passing style which is being favoured by his beloved Liverpool. It paid dividends last year and every year since 2007 but you need the players which we are just a bit short of at the minute.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:00 - Jan 20 with 2065 viewscontroversial_jack

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:58 - Jan 20 by swancity

There is nothing wrong with the style of football. But to execute it successfully we need quality in the side and we are simply missing too many key players.

We did well for the opening half hour against spurs but when we didn't get the goal you sensed trouble ahead. They had that bit of extra quality going forward and cashed in.

Hansen can be ignored. He is criticising the passing style which is being favoured by his beloved Liverpool. It paid dividends last year and every year since 2007 but you need the players which we are just a bit short of at the minute.

It's not just Spurs though is it?
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:07 - Jan 20 with 2051 viewsjackrabbit

Can't believe this thread. Hansen has always been a big fan of the Swans and the passing game ...when it is done well. Yesterday it wasn't. Our short passing game requires precision, which was absent yesterday, and is easily pressured into mistakes which mean loss of possession in dangerous areas of the field. It wasn't a blanket condemnation of our passing philosophy, but unless we have 9 or 10 players comfortable on the ball, it doesn't work. Yesterday we gave away enough ball to stuff a couch, because quite a few of our players were not up to it.

He brilliantly summed up the Swans yesterday - too samey and too easy to play against.

His conclusion: carry on like this and we're in big trouble - we have to change things - mix it up a bit. Nobody is preaching hoof ball, but Bony loves the extra space he has when the ball is passed long (and accurately) to him.

I thought he spoke a lot of sense.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:11 - Jan 20 with 2043 viewsswancity

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:00 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

It's not just Spurs though is it?

No it was other big clubs like man utd and man city as well

I have supported the swans since 1971 and rarely have we had so many key players missing thru injury. Get them all back and we will be fine. And we can do it with style too.

The problem we have is that the sequence of results can drain confidence. The players coming back will restore that. Nathan dyers contribution for instance is immense but michu vorm Hernandez and de Guzman will get us back on track as well.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:23 - Jan 20 with 2032 viewsRogueTrooper

Alan Hansen, famous as a pundit for..................getting it spectacularly wrong. The only thing wrong with our style is it needs sharpening up to its previous accuracy and speed, we do have the ability to play a killer pass up to the big bloke up front, but those oppurtunities must be made by pulling the opposing teams out of shape.

We also only have one goal threat at the moment which makes it easier for the opposition to mark, even though they have a handful already in Bony, once Michu is back in form, he will not only supply a link from the midfield, give our other widemen and Shelvey some room for manouvre, but give another attacking dimension, as well as, with Bony, giving defenders a torrid time. Its worth remembering, No one runs faster than the ball. I just hope we can give our strongest side some gametime once the current injury crisis subsides, I still believe we can really take some sides apart in the latter stages of the season, including one or two of the big boys.

Then again I always have been an insufferable optimist

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:34 - Jan 20 with 2018 viewspencoedjack

The best example of a team trying to push high against us was Wolves away a couple of years ago, (Joey's goal) one of my favourite Swansea goals.

Shame Rogers brought that Greek fella on that day.

The better teams can do it well, the lesser ones will get ripped to shreds.

Fuk Hansen.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 22:19 - Jan 20 with 1994 viewspaulv2k4

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:50 - Jan 20 by FearOfAJackPlanet

You'll never win anything with triangles.

But you will with a sphere thing in the back of the opponent net

P.S. Hansen is a nob but I actually agree with him and have been hammering on about this for a while, we are incredibly negative and are easy to pick off at the moment.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 22:21]
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 23:04 - Jan 20 with 1903 views2face

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 20:36 - Jan 20 by Oldjack

He's spot on ,it's easy to fuk us up get in our faces and this has always been the case, this we have no answer too ,even the best have to hoof it to a front man every now and then

I agree if the opponent starts to press really high, long balls can be very effective.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 23:09 - Jan 20 with 1894 viewsPhil_S

Really comes to something when newspapers start making stories out of match of the day punditry
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 23:14 - Jan 20 with 1887 viewsborinifanclub

The problem with our possession game on sunday was Pozuelo....he was absolute gash and lost the ball nearly every time he had it...he needs a rest

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 23:21 - Jan 20 with 1884 views2face

I guess Hull and norwich has has to ditch their style of play for survival too. They are placed almost exactly the same place in the table as us. And in their last 6 games against Spurs, MU, City, Villa Chelsea and Everton they have gotten 1 point just like we have.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 10:17 - Jan 21 with 1846 viewsbluenile

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:31 - Jan 20 by BuddyGuy

Tremmel should get rid of that ball like it's a hot of a lorry y'all, don't get caught in possession just move it forward when the opposition are not in position aka counter-attack.

Take my advice, my advice puts the thread on people's backs y'all

Which part of Chicago are you from?..........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 1827 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:12 - Jan 20 by BuddyGuy

the 'attacking game' has been slowed down to bpm of a Miles Davis track t'all need to counter-attack at pace...if you don't agree holla at me

I agree, we do need to counter attack with pace as we give opposing teams all the time in the world to get behind the ball. We are certainly missing Dyer and Hernandez in that respect. Also Shelvey is a loss as he plays more balls forward, rather than sideways and backwards than any other player.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 10:47 - Jan 21 with 1824 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 15:15 - Jan 20 by Joe_bradshaw

It must be killing Hansen that his beloved Liverpool are passing it so well under Rodgers then.

Not to mention doing it better than his best mate Kenny managed.

Good point, Liverpool now have the same passing philosophy but they are doing pretty well. I think though that we too would be doing pretty well if we had Suarez up front for us.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 1819 viewsmawdlamjack

our passing game is fine but we should go back to pressing the opposition when they have the ball. All to often we let players run with the ball through our midfield without attempting a tackle or a challenge,giving the opponents the freedom of the park and speed in transition that immediately puts our defence under pressure. With our full backs overlapping in attack we must press and hold in midfield to allow time for our full backs to regain their defensive positions.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 11:30 - Jan 21 with 1800 viewspencoedjack

Lets see if Parker and Sidwell press our midfield for 90 mins like the top 6 midfielders have done in recent games ...
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 11:32 - Jan 21 with 1797 viewswaynekerr55

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 21:34 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

The best example of a team trying to push high against us was Wolves away a couple of years ago, (Joey's goal) one of my favourite Swansea goals.

Shame Rogers brought that Greek fella on that day.

The better teams can do it well, the lesser ones will get ripped to shreds.

Fuk Hansen.

Aye, I'll never forget the media fawning over McCarthy when it was Brendan's decision to take Leon off (added to Hennessy having a blinder and us missing a shed load of chances)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024