Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from bungle 10:34 - Mar 7 with 11710 viewsWeaverQPR

Chairman Tony Fernandes issues statement on behalf of QPR Shareholders …

Tony Fernandes, speaking on behalf of the QPR Shareholders, has today issued the following statement in relation to the club’s latest statutory accounts.

‘When we took ownership of QPR in August 2011, our initial objective was to secure Premier League stability and to establish the club in the top flight.

While we worked hard to achieve this, we were always mindful that relegation was a possibility, just as it is for the majority of clubs competing in the top division of English football.

While relegation was not part of our strategy, it was something we were prepared for.

Every great endeavour needs support in the short term. Every business requires capital to get off the ground. When we bought this club there were no assets. We had to build from the ground up.

Now we have great assets and we are in a position where we can use this asset base to develop our squad, without the need to invest new capital.

Relegation wasn't part of the plan and it has cost us financially and emotionally, but I and my fellow Shareholder are fighters. We are committed and here for the long term.

With regards to the debt it is important to understand that this is through shareholder loans.

The debt in the club is owed TO the Shareholders BY the Shareholders.

We are all fully committed to QPR in the short, medium and long term and are 100 per-cent focused on delivering our vision for the club.

Promotion back to the Premier League is a major challenge, but one we are committed to.

Achieving promotion this season is not critical to our long-term strategy, but it remains our short term goal.

If we fail in our bid for promotion, the support is there and there is no need for any more advances to build a squad.

We are now in a position where we can work with what we have, and raise capital to invest in the squad by selling players who are not part of the manager’s plans.

We would like to reassure the QPR supporters that our commitment is unwavering and we remain passionate about our club.’

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/07...yisSdgjyEyd.99

@WeavQPR

Statement from bungle on 17:39 - Mar 7 with 1033 viewsSpiritofGregory

Statement from bungle on 15:13 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Well, is it? You have a decent manager who comfortably keeps team in the Prem league, and he's saying you need these players. You buy them, thinking well this is our big outlay now - in future, outlays will be smaller because we're building a base and the Prem money is increasing. In 5 years we have a new stadium and new training ground. It's an investment. When you take a long term view, it's a risk, but probably one they judged worth taking. People were excited by Granero. Cisse had had a great pre-season. Mbia was seen as a coup. Park was a signing that might bring in more revenue and while he was not good enough for Man U, plenty of other Prem clubs would have taken him.
Now in retrospect it looks, as you say, fcking stupid. But at the time very, very few people said that. Most pundits had us finishing mid-table with our new signings.

We should have known that the players were duds from the simple fact that no other club wanted them.
Statement from bungle on 17:45 - Mar 7 with 1024 viewsTHEBUSH

Statement from bungle on 16:21 - Mar 7 by Northernr

A regime that oversees a four year contract on £12k a week for Patrick Agyemang, and a another four year contract on £16k a week for Fitz Hall, with Gianni Paladini making the decisions, is not "shrewd" by any definition of the word I understand.

Don't wanna contradict you, but they bought QPR cheap and sold high, pretty shrewd imo !!

Apart from that, give me TF anytime, he's put his money where his mouth is.
Statement from bungle on 17:52 - Mar 7 with 1008 viewsNov77

http://www.qpr1st.com/news/statement-201213-accounts/

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Statement from bungle on 17:52 - Mar 7 with 1008 viewsnadera78

Statement from bungle on 17:45 - Mar 7 by THEBUSH

Don't wanna contradict you, but they bought QPR cheap and sold high, pretty shrewd imo !!

We won't know if he's "put his money where his mouth is" until he's gone. If the clubs is in a position where the debts have been paid off or cancelled then yes he has. If the clubs still has these debts then no he hasn't. Either way, we just can't say one way or another at this point. All we can say is that he and the other shareholders have loaned the club an obscene amount of money.
Statement from bungle on 17:53 - Mar 7 with 1006 viewsNorthernr

Statement from bungle on 17:45 - Mar 7 by THEBUSH

I think they got very, very lucky. If they'd carried on as they were they'd have taken us to League One. A combination of Bhatia and Warnock for 18 months turned the whole thing around. If briatore had kept running it we'd have possibly been relegated in the Magilton/Hart/Harford season and definitely gone the year after IMO.
Statement from bungle on 18:03 - Mar 7 with 985 viewsAntti_Heinola

Statement from bungle on 17:39 - Mar 7 by SpiritofGregory

We should have known that the players were duds from the simple fact that no other club wanted them.

Yes, in future the best thing to do is ring up all other clubs in the league and say, 'Hi, we're thinking of buying this player - do you want him? Did you know he was available? We're not sure, you see, so we just want to see if anyone else wants them before we buy them.'

How on earth do you know whether any other clubs wanted to buy them? We were a fairly attractive club then - well-known manager who was a successful player, based in London, willing to invest.

That's a typically flippant comment from a fan who is confident in the belief they are never wrong.

Bare bones.

Statement from bungle on 18:19 - Mar 7 with 958 viewsSpiritofGregory

Statement from bungle on 18:03 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, in future the best thing to do is ring up all other clubs in the league and say, 'Hi, we're thinking of buying this player - do you want him? Did you know he was available? We're not sure, you see, so we just want to see if anyone else wants them before we buy them.'

How on earth do you know whether any other clubs wanted to buy them? We were a fairly attractive club then - well-known manager who was a successful player, based in London, willing to invest.

That's a typically flippant comment from a fan who is confident in the belief they are never wrong.

Didn't Warnock say in his book that he was pissed off with SWP's bad attitude? Warnock said that SWP should have shown more gratitude because we signed him when NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM.

The players only signed for us for the money. No other club was prepared to pay the ludicrous wages we were prepared to offer. Hoilett went round Europe selling himself like a hooker, we were the only ones prepared to pay him 50k a week.
Statement from bungle on 18:24 - Mar 7 with 951 viewsWeaverQPR

Statement from bungle on 17:52 - Mar 7 by Nov77

http://www.qpr1st.com/news/statement-201213-accounts/

Not a chance they will agree to this and be properly put on the spot. TF will opt to pop into the springbok instead for a few photos and a cheeky half to keep everybody sweet.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from bungle on 18:31 - Mar 7 with 930 viewspaulparker

Statement from bungle on 18:19 - Mar 7 by SpiritofGregory

Didn't Warnock say in his book that he was pissed off with SWP's bad attitude? Warnock said that SWP should have shown more gratitude because we signed him when NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM.

The players only signed for us for the money. No other club was prepared to pay the ludicrous wages we were prepared to offer. Hoilett went round Europe selling himself like a hooker, we were the only ones prepared to pay him 50k a week.

By that stage Spirit, Warnock was desperate for bodies ,
NW choices were Ashley Williams,Routledge , Danny Graham , Bassong & Scott Parker
all of those Signings would have guaranteed us at least another2-3 years Prem Football
unfortunately the rest is History and we end up with luke young, Anton Ferdinand, SWP, & Barton all on Transfer deadline day when everybody knows you have to pay more in wages and in Transfer fees,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Statement from bungle on 18:48 - Mar 7 with 911 viewsTheBlob

Statement from bungle on 16:32 - Mar 7 by JAPRANGERS

That's not THE Maxwell who used to open the doors of his helicopter and piss over London is it??

Only Stamford Bridge.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Statement from bungle on 19:23 - Mar 7 with 878 viewsTHEBUSH

Statement from bungle on 17:53 - Mar 7 by Northernr

I think they got very, very lucky. If they'd carried on as they were they'd have taken us to League One. A combination of Bhatia and Warnock for 18 months turned the whole thing around. If briatore had kept running it we'd have possibly been relegated in the Magilton/Hart/Harford season and definitely gone the year after IMO.

Lucky or not, that's what happened.

I'm also hoping TF will be very, very lucky as well and go ahead with his plans for our club QPR.
Statement from bungle on 19:23 - Mar 7 with 878 viewsstansleftfoot

Statement from bungle on 15:53 - Mar 7 by daveB

maybe I'm wrong and football is hugely complicated and only a genius gets it right. To me the club with the best players and best manager tend to win most games so you have to work out the best way for your club to get the best players and best manager.

If you have a billionaire and are in the champions league you just spend and spend and eventually you'll get it right but one year outside the top four and god help you.

If you are a tiny club with an 18,000 seater stadium and a rich owner you look to bring players through, snap up the best of the players from similar sized clubs and grow from there. Always look to bring in players, managers and staff who see your club as the pinnacle of their career not somewhere where they pay well.

This isn't anything new, look at the clubs history and our best teams in the last 20 years
92-93, Sinton, Peacock, Ferdinand, Barker, Bardsley, Wilson, all players on the way up with a manager on the way up.

97-98 Spencer, Peacock, Sheron and Stuart Houston in charge, all players and managers who saw QPR as a step down and shock horror we were crap.

03-04 Gallen, Rowlands, Shittu, Forbes, Day, Camp, Ainsworth with Holloway on the way up

current shambles Dunne, Barton, SWP, Zamora, Johnson, Doyle with Redknapp as manager, all done more and had their best days elsewhere, net result pile of expensive shit

Correct! There is a way, QPR has a unique history of finding players rather than creating them, I'm not sure why that is, but the dynamism of QPR sides of a few years ago combined with Loftus Road, " Its Small Pitch?" and a great crowd provided a huge challenge for most Clubs to come to.
The magic has been quietly been killed off, I'm not sure businessman, professional consultants and accountants are going to find answers, we need need a Football person of real passion to get the team playing what we recognise as QPR Football.
I think it's a myth we have ever had a great youth policy, but we have found and bent Players into the QPR shape. It's almost as if QPR are a route to bigger things, a half way step.
Mark Hughes, Warnock and Redknapp have appeared to turn the Club into a scrap yard of ambition.
I wonder whether TF is talking of the investment in realisable assets refers to a small group of players who put a 'QPR' shift in!
We know they are, but Armand Traore is showing some of that spirit we need and we remember from better times.
TF appears to accept remaining in the Championship and realistically we do have a competitive side, with luck, injuries.
I can't face another year of Harry and I hope TF finds us the Right Sort for Manager.
Statement from bungle on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 818 viewskropotkin41

It seems to me that one of our assets, not entirely spoiled by several years of idiocy, mismanagement and soap opera, is that we are a reasonably well-known London club and, more importantly, the West London club set to get its feet under the table in New Park Royal, a massive new development at the end of new cross-London links and the horrible HS2 (feck-up).

QPR is a brand, I hate to say it, but there we are, and that, should we come through these depressing times, get a decent manager and stop firing shot after shot into our own feet, is a huge thing.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Statement from bungle on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 802 viewsFearless

Is there a bigger picture at play here for our owners?

If we are anchor tenants at Old Oak Common for a huge regeneration project, will that mean that Mittal (steel) and Bhatia (cement) are well placed as key suppliers for the whole thing?

In which case, would the sums involved not far outweigh the sums QPR currently show as debt, in which case write downs may be wholly expected/likely.

No facts to back-up the above, just seems a likely business proposition (QPR as loss-leader for huge gains via enormous construction contracts)

Edit - not that they planned a loss leader, it's just the way things have panned out so far
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 20:31]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024