Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? 13:43 - Mar 26 with 5865 viewsVetchitBack

Well yes, is the short answer.

Captained us in all four divisions. "That" block at Wembley. Visibly proud to represent our club and our city...

...but after making what is a relatively rare appearance at a game these days yesterday I was surprised and rather saddened at the attitude of many fans toward him. The demographics went from two elderly ladies on the coach home "I'll always sing but not Super Garry Monk or anything about him" to a group of youngish "lads" behind me who were commendably vocal throughout but would go silent at "Garry Monk's Barmy Army" and one of their number shouted once near the start "Sacked in the Morning" which for my own pleasure at the time I chose to believe was about Wenger.

This is someone who is now Swansea through and through not a journeyman mercenary but this seems to have utterly escaped some of spoilt, celebrity-loving brats that watch us nowadays.

Even if you think he was the wrong appointment (only short-term as nothing has been revealed long-term) that was not his call.

Please either shut up with the snidey comments (at the match) and get behind Garry or risk looking like a glory hunting plastic with no sense of loyalty.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 13:46]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 13:49 - Mar 26 with 3725 viewsDarran

I don't think Garry deserves more I just think people should support the club even more when support is needed,let's be honest we've suffered the first blip in over 10 years and some fans should just f*ck off and support someone else.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:00 - Mar 26 with 3688 viewsJackFish

Genuinely overheard last night - "that was a great performance tonight", "yeah, Monk is still a clueless tvvat though".

Really?
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:13 - Mar 26 with 3670 viewsscottishjack

Sadly Garry Monk could win all 7 games between now and the end of the season and it wont win some fans over. At the end of the day Garry has been a fantastic player and captain for us, whatever happens between now and the end of the season, that isn't going to change in my eyes, and I wish him all the best for the games ahead.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:15 - Mar 26 with 3666 viewsScoobyWho

It's not about supporting garry monk, its about supporting swansea city.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:16 - Mar 26 with 3663 viewsDarran

There's too much drama queenery from our fans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:22 - Mar 26 with 3647 viewsVetchitBack

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:00 - Mar 26 by JackFish

Genuinely overheard last night - "that was a great performance tonight", "yeah, Monk is still a clueless tvvat though".

Really?

To a significant minority when we play well but lose by an unlucky goal his tactics are dreadful but when we draw by a lucky goal and play well it was just luck.

Fans want loyalty in footballers but won't show it (some fans).

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:26 - Mar 26 with 3637 viewsVetchitBack

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:15 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

Surely vocally supporting a new, inexperienced manager through hard times will help Swansea City?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:59 - Mar 26 with 3577 viewstrolley_jack

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:15 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

Garry Monk is Swansea city.
Login to get fewer ads

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:44 - Mar 26 with 3541 viewsNOTRAC

I would have thought £1/2m is enough incentive.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:46 - Mar 26 with 3537 viewsItchySphincter

Going by what I've heard today, Gary deserves more from one or two of his players. Not trying in training and looking for the 'out' have been mentioned. Makes Huw's recent stance and the Jan signings all the more credible in my personal opinion.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:48 - Mar 26 with 3530 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

His block at Wembley where he deflected the ball onto the post will forever be the most amazing moment I have ever experienced in football and I know I will never experience anything like that again.

That being said, I am judging him as manager the same way I would judge Jose Mourinho or Paul Ince if they were in our dugout. He should not get special treatment because of who he is. The moment we get all sentimental is the moment we stop progressing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 3523 viewspencoedjack

Monk has my full support as will any manager of Swansea City.

As I said yesterday, did not agree with Laudrup sacking, hope we appoint a new manager in the summer with Monk as his number 2.

As for all this

'This is someone who is now Swansea through and through not a journeyman mercenary but this seems to have utterly escaped some of spoilt, celebrity-loving brats that watch us nowadays'

I am sure he has paid rather handsomely for doing something most of can only dream about.

The last few seasons he has done nothing more than warm the bench under successive managers, who deem him not good enough to be a PL centre half.

You really believe if he had been good enough & Rogers gave him a call to join Liverpool, he would of said 'sorry boss I am a Jack through & through'. ?

I would say I am as far away from a plastic glory hunter you could get, but realistic enough to know that it will be a long tough season if Monk remains as number 1 next season.
Does Garry deserve more from (n/t) on 15:51 - Mar 26 with 3518 viewsItchySphincter

[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 15:51]

Does Garry deserve more from on 15:51 - Mar 26 with 3514 viewsItchySphincter

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:48 - Mar 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

His block at Wembley where he deflected the ball onto the post will forever be the most amazing moment I have ever experienced in football and I know I will never experience anything like that again.

That being said, I am judging him as manager the same way I would judge Jose Mourinho or Paul Ince if they were in our dugout. He should not get special treatment because of who he is. The moment we get all sentimental is the moment we stop progressing.

The balance as usual is somewhere in the middle. There is room for some sentiment but blind loyalty would be a mistake. If you are judging Monk against Mourinho at this stage then you are being very unfair I think. Remember who we are and what makes us tick.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 15:52]

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:54 - Mar 26 with 3502 viewsblaine_scfc

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:48 - Mar 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Whatever people say about Dwight on here, the above post is spot on.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 3491 viewsblaine_scfc

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:46 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Going by what I've heard today, Gary deserves more from one or two of his players. Not trying in training and looking for the 'out' have been mentioned. Makes Huw's recent stance and the Jan signings all the more credible in my personal opinion.

What have you heard then?
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:14 - Mar 26 with 3466 viewsC_jack

He shouldn't be molly-coddled just because he is who he is. He is not immune from criticism, nor should he face the blame for the whole debacle of the last few months.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:22 - Mar 26 with 3448 viewsGriffting

Monk's mad some bad decisions no doubt, but he has also made some cracking ones too. The initiative to stick by pabs in the middle and marking Stevie G out of the game for the best part of three quarters of a match to name a couple. The set pieces have vastly improved as I believe we have scored more under Monks than we have previously all season. He's coming, those mistakes are getting fewer and farther between and I think he's learning quickly (thank god!).
Someone is gonna get a hiding .
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:40 - Mar 26 with 3427 viewsfootball2301

i agree that he dont need better treatment but he should be fully supported as he as only been a manager for a very short time yes hes going to make mistakes but last night is first time he got tactics right against a very experienced and successful premiership manager lets hope he keeps learning
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:44 - Mar 26 with 3421 viewsBloodyhills

I think our general play has been much better with Monk as manager, whether he is the man for the job long term I don't know but we all need to support him and the club during these testing times.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:49 - Mar 26 with 3405 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:40 - Mar 26 by football2301

i agree that he dont need better treatment but he should be fully supported as he as only been a manager for a very short time yes hes going to make mistakes but last night is first time he got tactics right against a very experienced and successful premiership manager lets hope he keeps learning

Last night he was almost tactically perfect. And as previously mentioned, against Liverpool one or two of his ideas seemed to work. But overall it is now one win in nine or ten, which simply isn't good enough. It looks like he will have until the end of the season and I really hope that he can change the views of myself and others on here in that time.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 3404 viewsBloodyhills

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:44 - Mar 26 by NOTRAC

I would have thought £1/2m is enough incentive.

Do you really think he needs that as an incentive to try his best for the club?I

I personally doubt it. He'll try his best no matter what, hopefully it will prove good enough.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:51 - Mar 26 with 3400 viewsBloodyhills

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:46 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Who are these 'one or two players'?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:54 - Mar 26 with 3393 viewsoldcob

When Roberto Martinez was appointed manager I thought Huw had dropped a bullock appointing someone so young and inexperienced. I was proved wrong. Now i've learned to reserve my judgement until I see how it works out.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:55 - Mar 26 with 3390 viewsfootball2301

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:49 - Mar 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Last night he was almost tactically perfect. And as previously mentioned, against Liverpool one or two of his ideas seemed to work. But overall it is now one win in nine or ten, which simply isn't good enough. It looks like he will have until the end of the season and I really hope that he can change the views of myself and others on here in that time.

no i dont think he should be long term manager but we should all support him fully
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024