Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more points can refs possibly cost us 18:16 - Apr 13 with 5113 viewsQuakerJack

Regardless of what you make of the decision, the fact is that the ref has been told to send chico off by Jose Mourinho.

Forget about betting scandals with players, let's start looking at officials because they're corrupt.

If we lose fairly I'll hold my hands up, but arsenal away, Stoke home now this, these aren't marginal, they're bent, it's hard enough competing against teams that have a player worth more than your whole squad, but with a bent ref as well, very disillusioned with football after that.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 20:52 - Apr 13 with 903 viewsCatullus

There are so many things wrong here.

Firstly, Chico committed two bookable offences. The timing of those fouls is irrelevant. He got what he deserved.
Secondly, we don't pay to watch 11 versus 11. We pay to watch a football match and whatsoever happens during it.
Third, if it had been the other way around we would have been screaming for the Chelsea player to be sent off.
And last, the fact that Dowd made mistakes later on in the game is not an excuse for saying Chico was harshly treated. We all know the refs have been wildly inconsistent this season, at times incompetent. Like when Vorm had two hands on the ball, was bundled into and dropped the ball behind, whereupon Dowd gave a corner to Chelsea.
But bad reffing is not a reason to excuse Chico's madness. And as for "we would always have struggled against Chelsea"well with ten men we still gave it a go and should have scored at least one (unlucky Wayne!)
The combination of poor reffing, bad luck and our own stupidity is costing us dear this season.
Our defending is comical at times. Ash was awful today, Chico, well enough said. Our goalies have both been poor. We have scored enough goals but we cannot defend properly this season, it's our own fault.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 895 viewswaynekerr55

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 20:52 - Apr 13 by Catullus

There are so many things wrong here.

Firstly, Chico committed two bookable offences. The timing of those fouls is irrelevant. He got what he deserved.
Secondly, we don't pay to watch 11 versus 11. We pay to watch a football match and whatsoever happens during it.
Third, if it had been the other way around we would have been screaming for the Chelsea player to be sent off.
And last, the fact that Dowd made mistakes later on in the game is not an excuse for saying Chico was harshly treated. We all know the refs have been wildly inconsistent this season, at times incompetent. Like when Vorm had two hands on the ball, was bundled into and dropped the ball behind, whereupon Dowd gave a corner to Chelsea.
But bad reffing is not a reason to excuse Chico's madness. And as for "we would always have struggled against Chelsea"well with ten men we still gave it a go and should have scored at least one (unlucky Wayne!)
The combination of poor reffing, bad luck and our own stupidity is costing us dear this season.
Our defending is comical at times. Ash was awful today, Chico, well enough said. Our goalies have both been poor. We have scored enough goals but we cannot defend properly this season, it's our own fault.

Find it hard to disagree with any of this

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:32 - Apr 13 with 867 viewsQuakerJack

The issue isn't that the tackles were or weren't bookings, Dowd was five yards away and he gave chico the benefit of the doubt, then the fourth official who was 40 yards away told him to send him off based on mourinho and only mourinho, FACT

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:34 - Apr 13 with 862 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:32 - Apr 13 by QuakerJack

The issue isn't that the tackles were or weren't bookings, Dowd was five yards away and he gave chico the benefit of the doubt, then the fourth official who was 40 yards away told him to send him off based on mourinho and only mourinho, FACT

Regardless of whether it was or wasn't a red, a manager has made the decision and that is absolutely and fundamentally wrong.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:35 - Apr 13 with 858 viewsreddythered

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:32 - Apr 13 by QuakerJack

Writing fact in capitals does not in itself make it a fact.

Do you have any proof, evidence behind your claim? Watching it live on Sky, appeared he took his time, got the players away from him, never any real doubt it was to be a sending off.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:39 - Apr 13 with 854 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:35 - Apr 13 by reddythered

Do you have any proof, evidence behind your claim? Watching it live on Sky, appeared he took his time, got the players away from him, never any real doubt it was to be a sending off.

Playing in RED does not mean you'll be lucky.

If you watched it, Dowd clearly waves it away and shakes his head, the fourth official gives him an instruction based on Mourinho's recommendation and suddenly, something Dowd was sure of two mins ago changes.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:40 - Apr 13 with 849 viewsChief

Would Dowd have sent John Terry off for the same tackles at the time in the game today?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:43 - Apr 13 with 843 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:40 - Apr 13 by Chief

Would Dowd have sent John Terry off for the same tackles at the time in the game today?

Not a chance. The officiating has been unacceptable given the amount of money currently at stake, yet they get to hide behind the referees association, are immune from criticism and end up continuing to referee games at the top level.

Login to get fewer ads

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:46 - Apr 13 with 838 viewsScoobyWho

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 18:28 - Apr 13 by ApeShit

Are you serious, they were both worthy of yellow cards... Chico is a liability!

But at least he wants to play unlike Michu and the idiot twins known as Pozuelo and Canias.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:46 - Apr 13 with 838 viewsLeonisGod

And me. The only thing you can have a gripe about is that possibly Schurle shouldn't have stayed on the pitch. Dowd failed to penalise a clear handball to deny dyer a clear run to the bye line. 9 times out of 10 that would have been a yellow.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:52 - Apr 13 with 826 viewsSwansNZ

this season

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:56 - Apr 13 with 814 viewsDrizzy

How many more times can Warwick be wrong in one evening?

They had cameras on both Dowd and the fourth official on Sky's coverage at HT. No sign of communication at all. Inf you want to play bad lip reading then you can make out the fourth official saying something like "I haven't said anything".

I'm not sure how "I'm thinking about it" means anything.

It's cos we is a small club, innit?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 22:03 - Apr 13 with 808 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:35 - Apr 13 by reddythered

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/13/john-terry-phil-dowd-chico-flore

here you go

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 03:38 - Apr 14 with 771 viewsApeShit

Blame everyone else, its not our fault at all.

FFS get a grip and take some responsibility.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 07:23 - Apr 14 with 756 viewsblaine_scfc

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 03:38 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

Blame everyone else, its not our fault at all.

FFS get a grip and take some responsibility.

Your on the wrong forum if you want that mate.

It's never the players/manager/board. It's the refs tucking us up, all a big conspiracy
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 07:54 - Apr 14 with 698 viewsQuakerJack

Explains a lot...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/108823/ref-for-sunday-ok

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:00 - Apr 14 with 694 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 21:56 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

How many more times can Warwick be wrong in one evening?

They had cameras on both Dowd and the fourth official on Sky's coverage at HT. No sign of communication at all. Inf you want to play bad lip reading then you can make out the fourth official saying something like "I haven't said anything".

I'm not sure how "I'm thinking about it" means anything.

It's cos we is a small club, innit?

I watched the Sky coverage and the BBC highlights later (same feed).

Dowd's first reaction was to wave his finger in a not a penalty/booking gesture (either that or he had some early Motown on was doing the shake and fingerpop).
He obviously had no intention of giving it until Terry had a go at him.
If he had a pair of bollocks worthy of the name he'd have told Terry to mind his own business and stop acting like a complete c*nt.

Err no... "I'm thinking about (now you mention it, John)." Pathetic and disgraceful.

No sign of communication from the 4th official? They've got f*cking earpieces, you plum. Did you expect semaphore?

You missed the shots of Jose going apeshit at the fourth official then? It was clearly outside the box so what do you think he was saying?

Go on, have a guess...
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:22 - Apr 14 with 682 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:00 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

Dowd's first reaction was to wave his finger in a not a penalty/booking gesture (either that or he had some early Motown on was doing the shake and fingerpop).
If he had a pair of bollocks worthy of the name he'd have told Terry to mind his own business and stop acting like a complete c*nt.

Err no... "I'm thinking about (now you mention it, John)." Pathetic and disgraceful.

No sign of communication from the 4th official? They've got f*cking earpieces, you plum. Did you expect semaphore?

You missed the shots of Jose going apeshit at the fourth official then? It was clearly outside the box so what do you think he was saying?

Go on, have a guess...

Clutching. At. Straws.

"He obviously had no intention of giving it until Terry had a go at him."

Complete and utter nonsense. It amazes me as to how dense and ridiculous the average fan can be.

I didn't miss the shots of Jose going nuts but they're completely irrelevant. The fourth official is highly unlikely to have any input on that decision. They don't tend to be that involved regarding on-field matters and when you consider the position of the foul, Madley didn't have a great view.

I've been told I have difficulty admitting I'm wrong but clearly it's you. Most Swans fans think he should have gone, the vast majority of people thought he should have gone, the official thought he should have gone. There's only a handful of blinkered Swans fans clinging to the idea that some massive injustice has occurred. Probably cos we is a small club, innit?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:25 - Apr 14 with 682 viewsmonmouth

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:00 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

Go on, have a guess...

He was right in front of us. Definitely changed his mind. Before the self righteous crew dive in, yes a yellow was a fair call, yes Chico was a tw*t, but it's the change of mind under pressure from opponents that is absolutely unforgivable and Dowd's body language in terms of that was pretty clear for all to see. He didn't cheat but he did give in to pressure. Dreadful, and he is totally unfit, in all senses, to referee a game with a top team involved.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:27 - Apr 14 with 675 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:25 - Apr 14 by monmouth

He was right in front of us. Definitely changed his mind. Before the self righteous crew dive in, yes a yellow was a fair call, yes Chico was a tw*t, but it's the change of mind under pressure from opponents that is absolutely unforgivable and Dowd's body language in terms of that was pretty clear for all to see. He didn't cheat but he did give in to pressure. Dreadful, and he is totally unfit, in all senses, to referee a game with a top team involved.

Didn't know you were a mind reader mate. More nonsense. Dowd is one of the best officials in the league.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:31 - Apr 14 with 675 viewsblaine_scfc

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:25 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Agreed.

I don't think anyone is saying the wrong call was made, but Dowd made a decision that it wasn't a booking, then changed his mind from the pressure he got off Mourinho/Terry. There is no doubt in my mind that if it had been Terry and not Chico. He would of been given benefit of the doubt, just as he was when he blatantly dived in the box.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:47 - Apr 14 with 653 viewsSwanseajill

The OP has a point. I'm near the dug outs, maybe not shown on Sky but when Mourinho was in the fourth officials ear GM could see what was happening and went ballistic to the fourth official and Mourinho.
Teams and their managers realise how easy it is to rattle Chico, and play on that to get him sent off, the rolling around after a tackle has now vanished from early in the season. But he does have red mist moments.
I, for my sins tend to hate inconsistencies from referees, and rue the days when sportsmanship left the game.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:07 - Apr 14 with 631 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 19:23 - Apr 13 by SkipTheJack

I don't think anyone can argue that both those challenges could legitimately be deemed yellow card offences.

But, almost without exception, referees will normally show some common sense and just have a stern word (which is exactly what would have happened if it had been a Chelsea player).

And perhaps my biggest gripe is that when the red card was introduced into football there is absolutely no way that anyone intended for red cards to be issued for non-events like that - they were intended for serious foul play, and not to punish a player for two innocuous fouls. As spectators we pay to see 11 v 11 decide the outcome of games wherever possible, and not to watch referees 'perform'.

Excellent post, it seems you have the monopoly on common sense here. The first "foul" was a wimpy push on the halfway line (never a yellow card) and a trip moments or minutes later. Neither were serious foull play

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 615 viewsUxbridge

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:07 - Apr 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Excellent post, it seems you have the monopoly on common sense here. The first "foul" was a wimpy push on the halfway line (never a yellow card) and a trip moments or minutes later. Neither were serious foull play

Totally agree. I'm hardly Chico's biggest fan and the second foul was a risk he didn't need to take, but you simply don't see second yellows given for them. A sensible set of officials would have told the Chelsea players and management to get away from them, had a quiet word with Chico and have done with it. Sadly a Chelsea win fitted the narrative of the run-in and Dowd seemed to do everything he could to accommodate.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 614 viewsMorfa_Same

Technically they were both yellow cards. Although most referees would have been reluctant to send a player off for the first two fouls in a match, Dowd chose to apply the strict letter of the law which is fair enough. It's just a pity he didn't choose to apply it when Schurrle handled the ball otherwise it would have been 10 v 10 for the entire second half.

And as for crumbling under pressure from Terry and Mourinho, that is just inexcusable from an experienced referee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024