Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more points can refs possibly cost us 18:16 - Apr 13 with 5112 viewsQuakerJack

Regardless of what you make of the decision, the fact is that the ref has been told to send chico off by Jose Mourinho.

Forget about betting scandals with players, let's start looking at officials because they're corrupt.

If we lose fairly I'll hold my hands up, but arsenal away, Stoke home now this, these aren't marginal, they're bent, it's hard enough competing against teams that have a player worth more than your whole squad, but with a bent ref as well, very disillusioned with football after that.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:34 - Apr 14 with 805 viewsSkipTheJack

Isn't the real problem here that the laws of the game suck?

Two yellow cards = red might have worked 50 years ago when you needed to break someone in half to get a yellow, but these days yellow cards are given for almost every trip or minor shirt pull.

The reason that referees tend to show leniency towards a player already on a yellow card is because they know that applying the letter of the law every time would completely ruin the game of football. Unfortunately, this state of things means that the result of a match is too often dependent upon the whim of a referee, and teams like us are left to feel hard-done-by when the referee was (technically at least) simply applying the s**t laws of the game.

Quite aside from whether Dowd was correct or not, does anybody out there REALLY feel that a red card (and 75 minutes with 10 men) was an appropriate and proportionate punishment for the offense? Surely it's in everybody's interests to see a fair game of football with (wherever possible) 22 players determining the result.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:38 - Apr 14 with 799 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:34 - Apr 14 by SkipTheJack

Isn't the real problem here that the laws of the game suck?

Two yellow cards = red might have worked 50 years ago when you needed to break someone in half to get a yellow, but these days yellow cards are given for almost every trip or minor shirt pull.

The reason that referees tend to show leniency towards a player already on a yellow card is because they know that applying the letter of the law every time would completely ruin the game of football. Unfortunately, this state of things means that the result of a match is too often dependent upon the whim of a referee, and teams like us are left to feel hard-done-by when the referee was (technically at least) simply applying the s**t laws of the game.

Quite aside from whether Dowd was correct or not, does anybody out there REALLY feel that a red card (and 75 minutes with 10 men) was an appropriate and proportionate punishment for the offense? Surely it's in everybody's interests to see a fair game of football with (wherever possible) 22 players determining the result.

A fair game of football is why yellow cards are there.

We seem to love playing the victims.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 12:53 - Apr 14 with 758 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:38 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

A fair game of football is why yellow cards are there.

We seem to love playing the victims.

do you honestly believe we get a fair rub of the green, just like the man utds and chelsea's of this world?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:20 - Apr 14 with 738 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 12:53 - Apr 14 by QuakerJack

do you honestly believe we get a fair rub of the green, just like the man utds and chelsea's of this world?

I don't no, I don't think we get a fair rub of the green against anyone to be honest.

But I don't think yesterdays decisions were that harsh.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:24 - Apr 14 with 734 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:20 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

I don't no, I don't think we get a fair rub of the green against anyone to be honest.

But I don't think yesterdays decisions were that harsh.

No I totally agree... but the way the decision was made is what I have a gripe about... I think Chico deserved to go, but Dowd didn't, until Mourinho and Terry changed his mind.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:45 - Apr 14 with 729 viewsDan_Swan

The decision to send him off was the correct one, no grumbles as it was idiocy on behalf of Chico.

What I have issues with is how that decision was reached. In the game of football there is a law regarding unsporting conduct, in this the waving of an imaginary card which in itself is a bookable offence.

With John Terry asking for the yellow card meaning the same thing, this isn't down to interpretation it's in there. The letter of the law would have meant a yellow card for Terry but Dowd chose not to issue it for reasons only he knows the answers to.

The referee had a full view of the incident, he had the best view of it, neither lino's or 4th official would have been able to see it clearly enough from where they were to have a valid say on the foul itself, unless like Zidane in the World Cup Final where TV footage was seen (which isn't allowed).

Clearly his decison was influenced by those who had no say on the matter.

Still following Dr's orders!

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:49 - Apr 14 with 728 viewsSwanseajill

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:10 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

I meant there's no point arguing with the other guy, He is incapable of accepting anyone elses opinion. Like the guy in the picture.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 11:10]

Sorry there. Your user names are too similar. On the phone texts, very similar.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 713 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:45 - Apr 14 by Dan_Swan

The decision to send him off was the correct one, no grumbles as it was idiocy on behalf of Chico.

What I have issues with is how that decision was reached. In the game of football there is a law regarding unsporting conduct, in this the waving of an imaginary card which in itself is a bookable offence.

With John Terry asking for the yellow card meaning the same thing, this isn't down to interpretation it's in there. The letter of the law would have meant a yellow card for Terry but Dowd chose not to issue it for reasons only he knows the answers to.

The referee had a full view of the incident, he had the best view of it, neither lino's or 4th official would have been able to see it clearly enough from where they were to have a valid say on the foul itself, unless like Zidane in the World Cup Final where TV footage was seen (which isn't allowed).

Clearly his decison was influenced by those who had no say on the matter.

The second challenge was neither "reckless" nor was he guilty of "persistent" offending so it could only be "unsporting behaviour" - apparently telling the ref to send a player off doesn't count though.
Login to get fewer ads

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 708 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 13:24 - Apr 14 by QuakerJack

No I totally agree... but the way the decision was made is what I have a gripe about... I think Chico deserved to go, but Dowd didn't, until Mourinho and Terry changed his mind.

It wasn't pretty but that is the Premier League, I think as a club we are to honest and naive.

We have to play the game or people will continue to take the piss out of us.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:14 - Apr 14 with 706 viewsjack_obs

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:57 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

In reflection, do you think if that was Ash he would of got sent off?

Maybe Chico's reputation precedes him.

I still think the 2nd one was a yellow, maybe he should of let the first one slide.

Ater watching Jamie Redknapp's comments re Chico at half-time this morning I reckon Chico could be finished for us. If his reputation preceeded him before yesterdays game he's going to be on a hiding to nothing whenever he mis-times a tackle if any Refs were listening to Redknapps take on his dismissal.
I reckon Jamie's looking for a scapegoat after tipping us to be pushing for the top 6 at the start of the season.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:33 - Apr 14 with 696 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:14 - Apr 14 by jack_obs

Ater watching Jamie Redknapp's comments re Chico at half-time this morning I reckon Chico could be finished for us. If his reputation preceeded him before yesterdays game he's going to be on a hiding to nothing whenever he mis-times a tackle if any Refs were listening to Redknapps take on his dismissal.
I reckon Jamie's looking for a scapegoat after tipping us to be pushing for the top 6 at the start of the season.

What did Redknapp say?
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:36 - Apr 14 with 691 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:05 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

The second challenge was neither "reckless" nor was he guilty of "persistent" offending so it could only be "unsporting behaviour" - apparently telling the ref to send a player off doesn't count though.

You're changing your argument every time I prove you wrong now you're moaning about something else. I told you it was unsporting behaviour though you didn't believe me a page back or so. You're turning into a worrying hybrid of Perch, Dimi and Lohengrin.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:49 - Apr 14 with 678 viewsCatullus

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:07 - Apr 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Excellent post, it seems you have the monopoly on common sense here. The first "foul" was a wimpy push on the halfway line (never a yellow card) and a trip moments or minutes later. Neither were serious foull play

It doesnt have to be serious foul play to be a foul, or a yellow card! Serious foul play is usually a straight red.
And as for a wimpy push, you are ignoring the context of the foul, it was a cynical attempt to stop a quick Chelsea break.
The second foul was a mistimed tackle that prevented the ball being played into our area.
Neither were nasty but the first was cynical, the second stupid. Chico gave Dowd the chance to send him off and that never goes well for us!
The only thing that bothers me is referees treating both teams differently. Chelsea got softly softly while we got harsh.
And that's what is wrong, refs favour big teams.

if it can be proved the fourth official intervened after Mourinho complained we should make an official complaint and go public.
Any referee not strong enough to ignore big name players and managers should be dropped from the list completely, but I won't hold my breath!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:54 - Apr 14 with 672 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:36 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

You're changing your argument every time I prove you wrong now you're moaning about something else. I told you it was unsporting behaviour though you didn't believe me a page back or so. You're turning into a worrying hybrid of Perch, Dimi and Lohengrin.

You appear to be confusing belief with agreement.

By process of elimination (neither reckless nor persistent) it had to be unsporting behaviour (unless he whipped his shirt off without us noticing).
A bit of a stretch for me but you obviously agree with Dowd who. Let's agree to differ.

However, would you agree that a player telling the ref to send off an opposition player is unsporting behaviour?
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:59 - Apr 14 with 665 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:54 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

You appear to be confusing belief with agreement.

By process of elimination (neither reckless nor persistent) it had to be unsporting behaviour (unless he whipped his shirt off without us noticing).
A bit of a stretch for me but you obviously agree with Dowd who. Let's agree to differ.

However, would you agree that a player telling the ref to send off an opposition player is unsporting behaviour?

It's not a process of elimination though because anyone who knows the rules can see that's an unsporting behaviour type challenge immediately. I don't know why you keep talking about recklessness/persistence they played no part in Dowd's line of thinking.

Dowd was correct.

Yes I do agree it's unsporting as is the gesturing for a yellow card seen all the time and they're planning to clamp down on that very soon but with how much red tape there is involved with FIFA I don't know when they'll officially make their push as they did with simulation over the last couple years.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:09 - Apr 14 with 652 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:59 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

It's not a process of elimination though because anyone who knows the rules can see that's an unsporting behaviour type challenge immediately. I don't know why you keep talking about recklessness/persistence they played no part in Dowd's line of thinking.

Dowd was correct.

Yes I do agree it's unsporting as is the gesturing for a yellow card seen all the time and they're planning to clamp down on that very soon but with how much red tape there is involved with FIFA I don't know when they'll officially make their push as they did with simulation over the last couple years.

I think it was a second yellow but you can't say they didn't play a part in Dowd's thinking?
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:22 - Apr 14 with 642 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 14:59 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

Dowd was correct.

If it's unsporting behaviour why do refs have to wait for a FIFA directive? One type of unsporting behaviour goes unpunished and another doesn't. Not a pop at you, by the way.

I mentioned reckless/persistent as it was relevant. If it was neither then the only feasible reason left for a yellow would be unsporting behaviour.

I thought it was a careless (and stupid) challenge, you thought it was unsporting - let's agree to differ.

I can accept refs being swayed by the crowd - it's unfortunate but it's part and parcel of home advantage. Being bullied by the opposing captain (and possibly manager) is unacceptable whether the decision was finally correct or not.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 635 viewsperchrockjack

Me a hybrid you cheeky kant.
As regards to the subject Dowd is referee and all players try to influence them.

Its down to him ;if he was persuaded then he s corrupt. I believe football at the moment is filthy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:28 - Apr 14 with 630 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:26 - Apr 14 by perchrockjack

Me a hybrid you cheeky kant.
As regards to the subject Dowd is referee and all players try to influence them.

Its down to him ;if he was persuaded then he s corrupt. I believe football at the moment is filthy

Not corrupt, just feeble.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:34 - Apr 14 with 625 viewsperchrockjack

no I truly believe something sinister is going on. It cannot be simple feeble nor mistakes.
Yesterday at Anfield MANCITY were denied a stonewall penalty that would have ruined the whole occasion.
Its like us getting a "controversial " penalty against a billiybig bollux team in the last minute.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:37 - Apr 14 with 623 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:34 - Apr 14 by perchrockjack

no I truly believe something sinister is going on. It cannot be simple feeble nor mistakes.
Yesterday at Anfield MANCITY were denied a stonewall penalty that would have ruined the whole occasion.
Its like us getting a "controversial " penalty against a billiybig bollux team in the last minute.

It was Clattenburg, what do you expect.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:47 - Apr 14 with 615 viewsperchrockjack

I expect every man to do his duty

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:52 - Apr 14 with 607 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 15:47 - Apr 14 by perchrockjack

I expect every man to do his duty

Then you will be disappointed for life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024