Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more points can refs possibly cost us 18:16 - Apr 13 with 5114 viewsQuakerJack

Regardless of what you make of the decision, the fact is that the ref has been told to send chico off by Jose Mourinho.

Forget about betting scandals with players, let's start looking at officials because they're corrupt.

If we lose fairly I'll hold my hands up, but arsenal away, Stoke home now this, these aren't marginal, they're bent, it's hard enough competing against teams that have a player worth more than your whole squad, but with a bent ref as well, very disillusioned with football after that.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:38 - Apr 14 with 782 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:29 - Apr 14 by Uxbridge

Totally agree. I'm hardly Chico's biggest fan and the second foul was a risk he didn't need to take, but you simply don't see second yellows given for them. A sensible set of officials would have told the Chelsea players and management to get away from them, had a quiet word with Chico and have done with it. Sadly a Chelsea win fitted the narrative of the run-in and Dowd seemed to do everything he could to accommodate.

There's no need to add the word "second". You see yellow cards given for that kind of foul all the time. Though that doesn't fit the Swansea were robbed narrative.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:38 - Apr 14 with 796 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 08:27 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

Didn't know you were a mind reader mate. More nonsense. Dowd is one of the best officials in the league.

Was.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:39 - Apr 14 with 779 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:38 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

Was.

Wrong again. You're on a roll aren't you?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 787 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:39 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

Wrong again. You're on a roll aren't you?

You missed the "corner" when the fat c*nt was 60 yards away from play then.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:51 - Apr 14 with 776 viewsUxbridge

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:38 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

There's no need to add the word "second". You see yellow cards given for that kind of foul all the time. Though that doesn't fit the Swansea were robbed narrative.

There's every need. It's why fouls inside the box have stricter rules applied to them than outside. You can argue that the laws of the game don't differentiate but precedence and usual practice do. Consistency ... but that doesn't fit your narrative either eh.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:57 - Apr 14 with 766 viewsApeShit

In reflection, do you think if that was Ash he would of got sent off?

Maybe Chico's reputation precedes him.

I still think the 2nd one was a yellow, maybe he should of let the first one slide.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:00 - Apr 14 with 759 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:51 - Apr 14 by Uxbridge

There's every need. It's why fouls inside the box have stricter rules applied to them than outside. You can argue that the laws of the game don't differentiate but precedence and usual practice do. Consistency ... but that doesn't fit your narrative either eh.

He hasn't even got that right, Andrew.

FIFA

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making his challenge or that he acted without precaution:
- no disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to, or the consequences for, his opponent:
- a player who plays in a reckless manner shall be cautioned

Stick to park football, Clive.

#couldhavebeenkilled
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:03 - Apr 14 with 750 viewsApeShit

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:00 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

FIFA

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making his challenge or that he acted without precaution:

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to, or the consequences for, his opponent:

#couldhavebeenkilled

Come on, its not that much of a reach to give a yellow for the fouls.

This is the f*cking least of our worries.
Login to get fewer ads

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:12 - Apr 14 with 742 viewsUxbridge

FIFA

#couldhavebeenkilled

Is that the whole law though? Doesn't really cover the first foul even. I don't think it's a stretch to give a yellow for either foul but you simply don't see that given in any other circumstance. It's the lack of consistency and the bowing to the pressure of the opposition that bugs me.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:30 - Apr 14 with 707 viewsDrizzy

FIFA

#couldhavebeenkilled

You've quoted a very small part of the rule book relating to severity of tackles that has no relevance to the criteria for unsporting behaviour, which is what Chico was booked twice for.

You're having an absolute shocker, Phil. Give it a rest.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:35 - Apr 14 with 699 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 09:51 - Apr 14 by Uxbridge

There's no argument that the laws of the game don't differentiate it's a cold hard fact. There are clearly two bookable offences and it's clear to every objective observer that Chico should have been off. The timing means absolutely bugger all. I thought you'd be above pushing the "hard done by because we're a small club" narrative but I was wrong.

If you want consistency then you want the law followed strictly. That's what Dowd did and his decision was spot on, like it or not.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 702 viewsWarwickHunt

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:30 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

You've quoted a very small part of the rule book relating to severity of tackles that has no relevance to the criteria for unsporting behaviour, which is what Chico was booked twice for.

You're having an absolute shocker, Phil. Give it a rest.

Unsporting behaviour?

The first one, yes. The second one, no. What took Dowd so long if it was unsporting?
What is there to think about? Are there degrees of just how unsporting you need to be for a yellow?

Book players for those fouls and there'd be no f*cker on the pitch by half-time.

Just on SSN a few minutes ago - definite communication with the fourth official via the headset...
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 702 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's safe to say that every weekend you see a dreadful decision which affects a result.

Suarez did his utmost best to get sent off the game before , but the ref was having none if it .

Strange eh ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:45 - Apr 14 with 695 viewsDrizzle

I am also a referee which means I must be right as well. Its clearly all Oscars fault anyway. Transitional phase and all that. They should be drinking isotonic lucozade that would fix it. I'm nutritional scientist as well see.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 10:48]
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:53 - Apr 14 with 670 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:43 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

Unsporting behaviour?

The first one, yes. The second one, no. What took Dowd so long if it was unsporting?
What is there to think about? Are there degrees of just how unsporting you need to be for a yellow?

Book players for those fouls and there'd be no f*cker on the pitch by half-time.

Just on SSN a few minutes ago - definite communication with the fourth official via the headset...

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_

Page 45, mate.

The second one is absolutely 100% unsporting behaviour. Commiting a foul for the purpose of breaking up a promising attack. He leaves his leg there and deliberately trips Schurrle who was in a great position.

Dowd knew it was a yellow and only took his time as he was probably considering whether or not he could let Chico off as it was so early and he had been booked. Unfortunately he knew and everyone else knew Chico had to go.

The fourth official and Mourinho had nothing to do with the decision. Get over it.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:53 - Apr 14 with 675 viewsSwanseajill

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:35 - Apr 14 by Drizzy

There's no argument that the laws of the game don't differentiate it's a cold hard fact. There are clearly two bookable offences and it's clear to every objective observer that Chico should have been off. The timing means absolutely bugger all. I thought you'd be above pushing the "hard done by because we're a small club" narrative but I was wrong.

If you want consistency then you want the law followed strictly. That's what Dowd did and his decision was spot on, like it or not.

Dowd did no such thing, near the end of the game Ash was badly fouled, and was clearly in pain with a neck injury, Ash talked at length to the ref..result nothing.
When fouls against us we're seen by 20,000 he motioned ..play on, which in a very tightly man marked game gave us no advantage at all...nothing.
I'll back up the small club scenario, it happens not just us, but many clubs struggling against the top four Prem teams, the injustice makes me sick.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:56 - Apr 14 with 667 viewsDrizzle

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:53 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

Dowd did no such thing, near the end of the game Ash was badly fouled, and was clearly in pain with a neck injury, Ash talked at length to the ref..result nothing.
When fouls against us we're seen by 20,000 he motioned ..play on, which in a very tightly man marked game gave us no advantage at all...nothing.
I'll back up the small club scenario, it happens not just us, but many clubs struggling against the top four Prem teams, the injustice makes me sick.

Theres no point arguing.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:58 - Apr 14 with 658 viewsDrizzy

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:53 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

Sorry not going to buy it. People will look any old excuse to justify a loss and almost every time we get a poor result people blame referees. Dowd had an excellent game and got all the major decisions spot on. The moaners will need something to moan about whether it's him or whether it's Monk's substitutions.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:04 - Apr 14 with 655 viewsSwanseajill

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 10:56 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

Theres no point arguing.

I get thAt, but we well deserved a point from that game. Dowd has a difficult job to do .Especially when he can only see fouls against the minnows, and has something in his eye when the opposition foul.
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:05 - Apr 14 with 654 viewsQuakerJack

again tho, the issue isn't the decision, I think chico would have been lucky if he'd gotten away with it, the issue is that the decision was made by chelsea... dowd had waved it away and changed his mind because John Terry, who's admitted as much, told him to and because Mourinho told the fourth official to get in Dowd's ear...

managers and players dictating decisions on the field is fundamentally wrong but it happened yesterday

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:09 - Apr 14 with 644 viewsscottishjack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:05 - Apr 14 by QuakerJack

again tho, the issue isn't the decision, I think chico would have been lucky if he'd gotten away with it, the issue is that the decision was made by chelsea... dowd had waved it away and changed his mind because John Terry, who's admitted as much, told him to and because Mourinho told the fourth official to get in Dowd's ear...

managers and players dictating decisions on the field is fundamentally wrong but it happened yesterday

That fourth official seems to have an issue with us for whatever reason. He wouldn't have needed much of an excuse...
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:10 - Apr 14 with 643 viewsDrizzle

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:04 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

I get thAt, but we well deserved a point from that game. Dowd has a difficult job to do .Especially when he can only see fouls against the minnows, and has something in his eye when the opposition foul.

I meant there's no point arguing with the other guy, He is incapable of accepting anyone elses opinion. Like the guy in the picture.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 11:10]
How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:16 - Apr 14 with 622 viewsQuakerJack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:09 - Apr 14 by scottishjack

That fourth official seems to have an issue with us for whatever reason. He wouldn't have needed much of an excuse...

It was him from Stoke wasn't it?

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 618 viewsUxbridge

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:10 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

I meant there's no point arguing with the other guy, He is incapable of accepting anyone elses opinion. Like the guy in the picture.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 11:10]

Well if you say that was aimed at someone else then maybe you should have replied to that someone else. If it was aimed at me, well I'm perfectly capable of accepting someone else's opinion, although it doesn't mean I have to accept it or think it's correct.

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:18 - Apr 14 with 618 viewsscottishjack

How many more points can refs possibly cost us on 11:16 - Apr 14 by QuakerJack

It was him from Stoke wasn't it?

Aye, the same one.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024