Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO 442 14:28 - May 9 with 21543 viewsSaxonDale

Kits to be released later this afternoon,

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/201415kit-backofshirt-1544393.aspx
FAO 442 on 00:06 - May 10 with 2888 viewssandylaner1

FAO 442 on 23:51 - May 9 by SaxonDale

Still my favourite kit since going to Blue and black,

On a positive note, by my reckoning since going to blue and black a general trend is the worse the kit looks the more successful we've been. Maybe 28/1 for next season are good odds after all!
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:53]

10/10 aesthetic kit
FAO 442 on 00:11 - May 10 with 2880 views442Dale

FAO 442 on 23:51 - May 9 by SaxonDale

Still my favourite kit since going to Blue and black,

On a positive note, by my reckoning since going to blue and black a general trend is the worse the kit looks the more successful we've been. Maybe 28/1 for next season are good odds after all!
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:53]

Kit facts: We only wore that strip with white socks once: pre-season match v Stockport. They wore gold/gold/navy. Navy clashes with blue it seems.

Strangely the team picture for that season was taken with the players wearing the white socks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FAO 442 on 01:07 - May 10 with 2838 viewsTVOS1907

FAO 442 on 23:41 - May 9 by 442Dale

Why is it like Watford?

Yeah, without the black and red!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO 442 on 16:10 - May 10 with 2594 viewsLathamDale

home kit reminds me of tranmeres but blue instead of white
FAO 442 on 17:03 - May 10 with 2529 views442Dale

FAO 442 on 16:10 - May 10 by LathamDale

home kit reminds me of tranmeres but blue instead of white

Both Tranmere's Fila kits have had proper collars.

FAO 442 on 17:10 - May 10 with 2513 viewsCockneyDale

I like the kits. Simple and uncluttered an obvious way to go after the fussy design of this year's kit. I agree that the home kit should have black (or white) shorts, but I don't find the blue shorts as offensive as others seem to. The colour-matched logos and fabric textures, as 442 says, are nice details.

Really can't decide which to get: probably the yellow, for a change.
FAO 442 on 17:31 - May 10 with 2484 viewsShun

I still don't like them on the 3rd or 4th viewings! The problem isn't that they're unpleasant kits, they really aren't. It's that with the blue and black stripes we were finally developing an identity unique in English football. Now, for a year at least, that identity will be forgotten and a couple of barely visible black patches underneath the arms won't disguise that fact.

This kit is hardly discernible from Macclesfield, Chesterfield, Peterborough, or any other blue-shirted team. That's why I dislike it so much.
FAO 442 on 17:38 - May 10 with 2467 viewsolympicdale

FAO 442 on 17:31 - May 10 by Shun

I still don't like them on the 3rd or 4th viewings! The problem isn't that they're unpleasant kits, they really aren't. It's that with the blue and black stripes we were finally developing an identity unique in English football. Now, for a year at least, that identity will be forgotten and a couple of barely visible black patches underneath the arms won't disguise that fact.

This kit is hardly discernible from Macclesfield, Chesterfield, Peterborough, or any other blue-shirted team. That's why I dislike it so much.

i get what your saying, we were re branding almost with the blue and black stripes, all blue, predomanantly just looks like many other teams, that being said I still like the design and think its quite smart.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO 442 on 17:43 - May 10 with 2464 views442Dale

It does retain blue & black as the main colour scheme though. That was crucial as it's unique, no other team has blue/black/white as its traditional colours and we've retained them. If you think back to the previous L1 kits, they were essentially blue shirts with black arms. Pinstripes don't count as proper stripes, if they did you wouldn't have Southampton and West Brom fans complaining* to all and sundry about going to pinstripes.

I actually believe we have an opportunity here to create a tradition where the blue and black stripes make regular appearance alongside other designs, marketed properly it's a winner. But it's also something fans should be closely consulted on first. Example: next year a return to stripes will sell well, the year after a blue shirt with a black sash. Then back to stripes.... then a blue shirt with a horizontal black band (see Derby's shirt). I could go on. And probably will

( * there should be an organisation where fans can complain about kits. I would call it something like: Please Remember, Important: Correct Kits)
[Post edited 10 May 2014 17:45]

FAO 442 on 18:17 - May 10 with 2408 viewsbocadave

spot on.
FAO 442 on 19:56 - May 10 with 2366 viewsTVOS1907

FAO 442 on 17:43 - May 10 by 442Dale

It does retain blue & black as the main colour scheme though. That was crucial as it's unique, no other team has blue/black/white as its traditional colours and we've retained them. If you think back to the previous L1 kits, they were essentially blue shirts with black arms. Pinstripes don't count as proper stripes, if they did you wouldn't have Southampton and West Brom fans complaining* to all and sundry about going to pinstripes.

I actually believe we have an opportunity here to create a tradition where the blue and black stripes make regular appearance alongside other designs, marketed properly it's a winner. But it's also something fans should be closely consulted on first. Example: next year a return to stripes will sell well, the year after a blue shirt with a black sash. Then back to stripes.... then a blue shirt with a horizontal black band (see Derby's shirt). I could go on. And probably will

( * there should be an organisation where fans can complain about kits. I would call it something like: Please Remember, Important: Correct Kits)

Spot on.

I'm not even sure that back in 2008 it was said our shirts would always be blue and black stripes. I seem to recall those were going to be our colours, with stripes just one possible way of combining them.

Anyway, People Responsible In Choosing Kit Schemes

FAO 442 on 20:03 - May 10 with 2350 viewsSalwaDale

FAO 442 on 17:43 - May 10 by 442Dale

the world according to 442

TBBT

FAO 442 on 20:11 - May 10 with 2328 views442Dale

FAO 442 on 20:03 - May 10 by SalwaDale

Nah, it's only common sense. The main thing is fans are happy. I might be miles off.

FAO 442 on 20:11 - May 10 with 2328 viewsTVOS1907

FAO 442 on 20:03 - May 10 by SalwaDale

I can see it being a big hit on Dave!

FAO 442 on 21:10 - May 10 with 2273 viewsbocadave

I fail to understand why we asked greg dyke to design our kit.
FAO 442 on 23:04 - May 10 with 2219 viewsusername

Is it me or does the home kit remind you of Hoffenheim's home kit? But I like both anyway
FAO 442 on 23:33 - May 10 with 2200 viewswimborne_dale

I quite like the kits. My favourite is the wide Inter stripes of 09/10 but the new one is a load better than this season's.

Edgar Allan's Crow

FAO 442 on 23:50 - May 10 with 2183 viewssteofthedale

Does anyone know whether changing both kits annually results in increased sales and/or income? I suspect it does not.

Our family generally only buy one or the other during the season whereas in the days when the home and away strips were changed in alternate years we would by them in succession. Whilst the number of shirts purchased remains the same, the club had up to 2 years to charge full price for each design.

Presumably any remaining season 13-14 home or away shirts will now be on sale at knock down prices after just one year, thus reducing the period during which maximum profit was available to the club for any of this replica kit.

steofthedale*

FAO 442 on 09:31 - May 11 with 2095 viewsRalphs12

My thoughts exactly. Well said
FAO 442 on 08:41 - May 12 with 1951 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I quite like the blue (without the JD - King of Chavs logo mind)... black shorts would have looked better. Might actually buy this one....first for a few years.

The yellow takes me back to the Uhlsport effort a few years back.

Let's face it....we'll never improve on the orange away kit :-D
FAO 442 on 09:03 - May 12 with 1936 viewsScunnydale

Yeah, I thought I'd have mellowed about the home kit since I first saw it, but I haven't.

I don't know why, but it just looks cheap almost like someone's night attire. I suspect it might be the shorts or the material. Likewise, I can't explain why I thought stripes made it look a bit classier.

Having said that, the away one looks decent.

As for the stripes, while I like them, I can see that they'd become a bit restrictive after a while. A Pools fan I know is buying the pink away kit next season as the home kit has looked the same for donkey's years and he's got countless other similar ones in his wardrobe already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024