Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO 442 14:28 - May 9 with 21544 viewsSaxonDale

Kits to be released later this afternoon,

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/201415kit-backofshirt-1544393.aspx
FAO 442 on 17:43 - May 9 with 3264 viewssandylaner1

they are ok. will probably get one of them assuming they offer long sleeve

better than last years upon initial reaction, 7/10
[Post edited 9 May 2014 17:44]
FAO 442 on 17:51 - May 9 with 3227 views442Dale

If Southend win the playoffs, what shorts are we wearing at Roots Hall?

I NEED TO KNOW.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FAO 442 on 17:56 - May 9 with 3214 viewsolympicdale

I like them, good job

Life is a game of fate.

FAO 442 on 18:04 - May 9 with 3176 viewsTVOS1907

FAO 442 on 17:51 - May 9 by 442Dale

If Southend win the playoffs, what shorts are we wearing at Roots Hall?

I NEED TO KNOW.

And we'll need different shorts when we visit bury.

Oh!

Seriously, though, the shorts should have been white and I'd love to know what reasoning made them blue.

But otherwise I quite like them and hope they are a sign of us drifting away from the stripes.

The issue with something like this is that you'll never please everyone, but the aim has to be to please the majority.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO 442 on 18:34 - May 9 with 3096 viewsDaleFan7

The away kit isn't too bad but the home kit is disgusting. Is the person who decided to have blue shorts with a blue shirt blind?
FAO 442 on 18:37 - May 9 with 3085 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't mind them. Better than this seasons.

Do we have to have that chavtastic Jd logo on the back? I'll actually be pleased when it peels off in the wash.

Possession with progression.

FAO 442 on 19:28 - May 9 with 2990 viewsfunkkk

FAO 442 on 18:04 - May 9 by TVOS1907

And we'll need different shorts when we visit bury.

Oh!

Seriously, though, the shorts should have been white and I'd love to know what reasoning made them blue.

But otherwise I quite like them and hope they are a sign of us drifting away from the stripes.

The issue with something like this is that you'll never please everyone, but the aim has to be to please the majority.

If we wanted to please the majority we'd have had a vote rather than the board deciding they want a change (though they may change their mind again next season).

Stripes or no stripes we need to stick with something!
FAO 442 on 19:47 - May 9 with 2946 viewsfitzochris

I quite like both. I agree with the plain comments, but, overall, yeah, not too bad. When are the chevrons coming back though?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

FAO 442 on 20:08 - May 9 with 2901 viewsbocadave

bland & boring.bring back the stripes. not only would'nt buy one,would'nt have one given.
FAO 442 on 20:16 - May 9 with 2870 viewsTVOS1907

FAO 442 on 19:28 - May 9 by funkkk

If we wanted to please the majority we'd have had a vote rather than the board deciding they want a change (though they may change their mind again next season).

Stripes or no stripes we need to stick with something!

There is that, but last year's majority vote saw us end up with the two shirts we've just had, which weren't really universally popular, the white shirt in particular.

The issue there wasn't the vote; it was the options presented for that vote.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 20:18]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO 442 on 20:41 - May 9 with 2801 viewsSalwaDale

Sad we've lost the stripes but they are very nice shirts. Black shorts with the blue kit for me.

TBBT

FAO 442 on 20:45 - May 9 with 2791 viewsAtThePeake

The red logo ruins both shirts for me.

Looks like Spurs will be suffering from the same problem with their shirts for next season as well! Ah well - a few more retro ones to be added to the collection instead I think.

Tangled up in blue.

FAO 442 on 20:51 - May 9 with 2773 viewsDaleaholic

Love both shirts! Will definitely be buying the Home shirt.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

FAO 442 on 21:02 - May 9 with 2734 viewswmgunit

Never was a big fan of the blue and black stripe. Nothing wrong with this kit, just very plain. Might buy one at cut price.
FAO 442 on 21:56 - May 9 with 2664 viewsBrighouseDale

Can I just add that I'm quite fond of the red sponsor logo on blue background. I'm not 100% sure that it's exclusive to Rochdale, but it stands out a mile off and is very easy to identify. Looks good to me.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

FAO 442 on 23:10 - May 9 with 2475 viewsShun

It's a definite no from me. Boring and we'll look just like every other blue-shirted team in the Football League.

The only good thing to come from this is 442's suggestion that the Trust is asking for the fans to be involved in future.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 1:09]
FAO 442 on 23:13 - May 9 with 2473 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FAO 442 on 17:04 - May 9 by Thran

Not a fan of the "JD King of Trainers" on the back though.

It probably brings in a fair few quid though.

Grin and bare?
FAO 442 on 23:24 - May 9 with 2454 viewspnc4eva1

Away kit is good but I'm not a fan of the home kit.

Unfortunately not a fan of Fila due to quality of materials.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

FAO 442 on 23:32 - May 9 with 2438 viewsChaffRAFC

FAO 442 on 23:10 - May 9 by Shun

It's a definite no from me. Boring and we'll look just like every other blue-shirted team in the Football League.

The only good thing to come from this is 442's suggestion that the Trust is asking for the fans to be involved in future.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 1:09]

The fans chose the last kits technically and look how that turned out? Fair enough the choices weren't great but these kits are a million times better than last seasons.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

FAO 442 on 23:37 - May 9 with 2420 views442Dale

FAO 442 on 23:32 - May 9 by ChaffRAFC

The fans chose the last kits technically and look how that turned out? Fair enough the choices weren't great but these kits are a million times better than last seasons.

As yourself and TVOS correctly say, the choices were poor. And as that was pointed out at the time, it doesn't mean fans shouldn't be involved in the process for choosing kits. A vote is only a part of that process.

The club have made good choices over the years, getting the customer base involved properly can only improve those choices. Same with all the merchandise, shirts are only a part of it.

And while I can see Shun's point about a plain blue shirt, we have at least adhered to the blue & black colour scheme. Also, now that the goalposts have been shifted away from stripes there is a real opportunity to take this further.....
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:39]

FAO 442 on 23:39 - May 9 with 2410 viewszxcvbnm

first glance and i wasn't convinced but when i looked properly i i actually like the home kit, away kit a bit watford ish

Poll: Best loanee keeper

FAO 442 on 23:41 - May 9 with 2409 views442Dale

FAO 442 on 23:39 - May 9 by zxcvbnm

first glance and i wasn't convinced but when i looked properly i i actually like the home kit, away kit a bit watford ish

Why is it like Watford?

FAO 442 on 23:46 - May 9 with 2406 viewsSaxonDale

FAO 442 on 23:32 - May 9 by ChaffRAFC

Been done to death but the last kits were always going to be crap because of the bunch we had to choose from (I do quite like the home one though). 442 and a few others came up with great kit designs last year, all of which I'd happily buy, I just don't see why they have been completely ignored in the design process given the positive feedback which they attracted.

To go with a kit design based on Dunphy thinking it looked good in training just seems lazy to me. There are a few on here that love the kit, and whilst you're never going to please everyone most of the comments seem to be along the lines of 'it's better than last years effort' which many may think- but it doesn't mean they're going to buy it and that's the most important thing.
FAO 442 on 23:51 - May 9 with 2398 viewsSaxonDale

Still my favourite kit since going to Blue and black,

On a positive note, by my reckoning since going to blue and black a general trend is the worse the kit looks the more successful we've been. Maybe 28/1 for next season are good odds after all!
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:53]
FAO 442 on 00:02 - May 10 with 2369 viewsnordenblue

FAO 442 on 23:41 - May 9 by 442Dale

Why is it like Watford?

Theres a touch of yellow on it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024