Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next Hogan 14:36 - May 15 with 20731 viewsdale1996

Or Alfie/o'grady/lambert/holt etc... jack Muldoon... I'm excited, very excited judging by what Hill has said
The next Hogan on 18:49 - May 15 with 3823 viewsboromat

Sounds like Lillis knows him from his time at scunny and he used to play with hogan in non-league so maybe he was suggested by one of the players.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The next Hogan on 19:18 - May 15 with 3745 viewsArthurDaley

I see Alan Knill is turning out for them, the number 9, he can still put them away.

A large VAT Dave

The next Hogan on 19:32 - May 15 with 3688 viewsolympicdale

fits the Hill bill perfectly, hungry young player looking to move up the leagues.

Life is a game of fate.

The next Hogan on 19:46 - May 15 with 3653 viewsSuddenLad

The next Hogan on 19:32 - May 15 by olympicdale

fits the Hill bill perfectly, hungry young player looking to move up the leagues.

Who ? Alan Knill ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The next Hogan on 19:48 - May 15 with 3638 viewsDevonDale

The next Hogan on 18:26 - May 15 by R17ALE

Impressive footage. How does Hilly find them? Surely he doesn't go watching Worksop regularly?

I wonder if he's been tipped off by Parkin who lives in Worksop, or the former groundsman who also lives that way on.

What struck me about his style is that it is more like Donnelly's role, but a Donnelly who can play and score as opposed to the Donnelly we've enjoyed over the last two years!

Perhaps he watches YouTube all day. Good clips those.
The next Hogan on 19:55 - May 15 with 3614 viewsBobbyjoe

The next Hogan on 15:35 - May 15 by ColDale

If Hogan was to go, especially for the sort of sums that have been mentioned, I'd have every faith in Hill to make us an even better team. We are a million miles from being a one man team, and as great a season that he has had, we've shown over and over again we can win without Hogan (arguably we've done better without him over the last two months).

Precisely, Col. Should have taken the money for Hogan. As long as Hill is in charge, should always take the money! (Except for Paddy, obv!).
The next Hogan on 20:24 - May 15 with 3536 viewsRichotigers

Worksop fan here, im delighted that Jack has been given the chance at a league club, he deserves it. He has played in an attacking team last season that has scored 121 league goals.

what are you getting? a very strong quick direct player who is very unselfish who has created hundreds of chances for us this season. at times Jack has been simply unplayable with his power and pace and scored some goals good enough to grace any league(unfortunately not all non league games are video'd) The amount of times he picked the ball up in our own half and drove with the ball, the length of the pitch this season turning defense into attack was unbelievable. People just bounce off him

hes also a top bloke too, in January a bunch of 6 year old kids were meant to be mascots for Worksop town, however the game was called off due to heavy rain effecting the pitch. however to stop the kids being disappointed jack took it into his own hands to make sure the lads didn't feel too down about it and got them all on the pitch for a kickabout (to the displeasure of the groundsman)

Anyway i for one hope he does really well for you( and i have no doubt he will) and will look out for your results this season!
The next Hogan on 20:29 - May 15 with 3517 viewsBartRowou

The next Hogan on 20:24 - May 15 by Richotigers

Worksop fan here, im delighted that Jack has been given the chance at a league club, he deserves it. He has played in an attacking team last season that has scored 121 league goals.

what are you getting? a very strong quick direct player who is very unselfish who has created hundreds of chances for us this season. at times Jack has been simply unplayable with his power and pace and scored some goals good enough to grace any league(unfortunately not all non league games are video'd) The amount of times he picked the ball up in our own half and drove with the ball, the length of the pitch this season turning defense into attack was unbelievable. People just bounce off him

hes also a top bloke too, in January a bunch of 6 year old kids were meant to be mascots for Worksop town, however the game was called off due to heavy rain effecting the pitch. however to stop the kids being disappointed jack took it into his own hands to make sure the lads didn't feel too down about it and got them all on the pitch for a kickabout (to the displeasure of the groundsman)

Anyway i for one hope he does really well for you( and i have no doubt he will) and will look out for your results this season!

Cheers Richo
That third paragraph is very telling. The current Dale squad to a man are a pleasure to be around and there's no way Hill would have brought in anyone who might disrupt the current feeling of togetherness.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

The next Hogan on 20:29 - May 15 with 3510 viewsfitzochris

Good to hear. Thanks for the insight.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The next Hogan on 21:39 - May 15 with 3392 viewsTVOS1907

Cheers Richo.

Didn't Chris Bettney play for your lot as well?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The next Hogan on 21:52 - May 15 with 3337 viewsfitzochris

The updated article on the OS now puts Hilly's comments into a bit more context.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-closeseason-15.05.14-1555070.a
[Post edited 15 May 2014 21:53]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The next Hogan on 22:25 - May 15 with 3240 viewsBrighouseDale

The next Hogan on 21:52 - May 15 by fitzochris

The updated article on the OS now puts Hilly's comments into a bit more context.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-closeseason-15.05.14-1555070.a

Only at Rochdale could a part time plasterer expect a decrease in salary

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

The next Hogan on 22:28 - May 15 with 3221 viewsRichotigers

The next Hogan on 21:39 - May 15 by TVOS1907

Cheers Richo.

Didn't Chris Bettney play for your lot as well?

Yeah he did a few years back, but Jack is in a total different League to Him though.
The next Hogan on 22:28 - May 15 with 3218 viewsolympicdale

The next Hogan on 19:46 - May 15 by SuddenLad

Who ? Alan Knill ?

obiovusly, he might be able to weasel his way through on goal

Life is a game of fate.

The next Hogan on 23:23 - May 15 with 3098 viewsD_Alien

The next Hogan on 21:52 - May 15 by fitzochris

Gratifying to know that someone's updating the website at gone 9pm on a warm May evening!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The next Hogan on 23:28 - May 15 with 2952 viewsusername

121 goals last season! Wow, he must be good.... ;)
The next Hogan on 23:52 - May 15 with 2904 viewsdingdangblue

The next Hogan on 19:55 - May 15 by Bobbyjoe

Precisely, Col. Should have taken the money for Hogan. As long as Hill is in charge, should always take the money! (Except for Paddy, obv!).

To be fair - we did take the money - but Hogan/Hogans agent wouldn't go to Peterborough in the end for whatever reason (wages or signing on fee most probably).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The next Hogan on 00:40 - May 16 with 2866 viewssandy_dale

Sounds very promising!

I would suspect hilly has more of these surprises up his sleeve.
The next Hogan on 08:47 - May 16 with 2689 viewsaleanddale

Hilly obviously likes what he has seen!! and Muldoon will know all the lads from his extended trial like stay with us.

Exciting prospect for sure and much better than a journey man looking for a final season payout!!.

Welcome Jack to the Dale Family!! oh we owe Scunthorpe a thrashing next season please!!!.
The next Hogan on 15:15 - May 16 with 2518 viewsTomRAFC

Can play wide right and in the center and seems collected in front of goal.

What's that old saying about finding goalscorers at a lower level being better than buying a higher level player who doesn't know where the net is?

If King Keith thinks he can make the step up then It's most likely he can.

Welcome Jack!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The next Hogan on 15:32 - May 16 with 2485 viewsBrierls

In Keith we trust! But lets not be expecting another Hogan, it's not fair on the lad.

It's encouraging that Muldoon has been training with us for a while and Hilly has still offered him a contract. He had a good look at Lynch and decided against offering him a deal. I'm not sure where we stand with McGinty, he wasn't mentioned on the Retained List article on the OS.

Having watched the YouTube clip I think it's fair to say he won't be adding to the balance of left footed players
The next Hogan on 16:07 - May 16 with 2438 viewsdingdangblue

The next Hogan on 15:32 - May 16 by Brierls

In Keith we trust! But lets not be expecting another Hogan, it's not fair on the lad.

It's encouraging that Muldoon has been training with us for a while and Hilly has still offered him a contract. He had a good look at Lynch and decided against offering him a deal. I'm not sure where we stand with McGinty, he wasn't mentioned on the Retained List article on the OS.

Having watched the YouTube clip I think it's fair to say he won't be adding to the balance of left footed players

Another note of caution, Hogan was 21 when he signed for us. Muldoon is about to turn 25. Now he could be a late starter but you would've expected him to have been spotted before now. David Perkins joining us at the same age proves it can happen though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The next Hogan on 16:15 - May 16 with 2423 viewsSuddenLad

The next Hogan on 16:07 - May 16 by dingdangblue

Another note of caution, Hogan was 21 when he signed for us. Muldoon is about to turn 25. Now he could be a late starter but you would've expected him to have been spotted before now. David Perkins joining us at the same age proves it can happen though.

He has been spotted before now - he was previously at Scunthorpe. In the same way as Perkins and perhaps Craig Dawson, KH is the man to take the bud and make the flower !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The next Hogan on 17:08 - May 16 with 2354 viewsR17ALE

The next Hogan on 16:07 - May 16 by dingdangblue

I think Steve Whitehall was around 25 when he joined us from Non-League and he didn't do too badly tbf.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The next Hogan on 17:19 - May 16 with 2337 viewsAtThePeake

The next Hogan on 15:32 - May 16 by Brierls

Spot on Brierls.

Guy's 25 and hasn't really played in the Football League before. To expect him to be reaching the same levels as a player who has been the subject of a £750k transfer bid is completely unfair.

Get behind him and everything but dubbing him the next Hogan before we've seen him play is a bit much. Don't place too much pressure on him.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024