Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next Hogan 14:36 - May 15 with 21284 viewsdale1996

Or Alfie/o'grady/lambert/holt etc... jack Muldoon... I'm excited, very excited judging by what Hill has said
The next Hogan on 18:51 - May 16 with 3849 viewsSuddenLad

The next Hogan on 17:19 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Spot on Brierls.

Guy's 25 and hasn't really played in the Football League before. To expect him to be reaching the same levels as a player who has been the subject of a £750k transfer bid is completely unfair.

Get behind him and everything but dubbing him the next Hogan before we've seen him play is a bit much. Don't place too much pressure on him.

This guy was 25 before he played league football.

Didn't do so bad though !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Trundle

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The next Hogan on 09:33 - May 17 with 3615 viewsdingdangblue

The next Hogan on 16:15 - May 16 by SuddenLad

He has been spotted before now - he was previously at Scunthorpe. In the same way as Perkins and perhaps Craig Dawson, KH is the man to take the bud and make the flower !

I meant more spotted in his 7years playing amateur football after he left Scunthorpe as a scholar.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The next Hogan on 10:16 - May 17 with 3565 viewsPotterDale

I hope they're giving 100/1 on him being Top Goalscorer a la Hogan this season
[Post edited 17 May 2014 10:19]
The next Hogan on 10:24 - May 17 with 3549 viewsAlexF

The next Hogan on 22:25 - May 15 by BrighouseDale

Only at Rochdale could a part time plasterer expect a decrease in salary

Hilarious. Only here.
Hopefully he can skim past players? Capable of a smooth finish? Mix it with the opposition? Fly like a hawk? Be a polished performer?

On a serious note, I do think this signing means curtains for Hogan.
The next Hogan on 10:46 - May 17 with 3509 viewsD_Alien

The next Hogan on 10:24 - May 17 by AlexF

Hilarious. Only here.
Hopefully he can skim past players? Capable of a smooth finish? Mix it with the opposition? Fly like a hawk? Be a polished performer?

It's certainly pointing in that direction.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The next Hogan on 11:14 - May 17 with 3464 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Welcome to San Spotty Muldoon - got to be a certain vintage for that one.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The next Hogan on 13:50 - May 17 with 3353 viewsboromat

Hilarious. Only here.

No I think the opposite brought in with hogan in mind. Both played together before. And jack seems like more of a provider than hogan.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The next Hogan on 13:51 - May 17 with 3351 viewsSuddenLad

The next Hogan on 13:50 - May 17 by boromat

No I think the opposite brought in with hogan in mind. Both played together before. And jack seems like more of a provider than hogan.

Probably signals the end of Donnelly's stay at Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

The next Hogan on 15:22 - May 17 with 3295 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The next Hogan on 13:51 - May 17 by SuddenLad

Probably signals the end of Donnelly's stay at Spotland.

There is a god!
The next Hogan on 16:10 - May 17 with 3270 viewsboffley

Hilarious. Only here.

"curtains for Hogan"?----pull yourself together man.
The next Hogan on 16:33 - May 17 with 3238 viewsTVOS1907

Hilarious. Only here.

Why?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The next Hogan on 17:06 - May 17 with 3186 viewsAlexF

The next Hogan on 16:33 - May 17 by TVOS1907

Why?

coz Hilly has been covering Hogan's position since the start of the year with this signing, and made absolutely sure as early as possible at season end?
The next Hogan on 01:08 - May 18 with 3023 viewsAtThePeake

The next Hogan on 17:06 - May 17 by AlexF

coz Hilly has been covering Hogan's position since the start of the year with this signing, and made absolutely sure as early as possible at season end?

Let's remember that we needed to sign at least one striker with Cummins leaving the club as well. If Donnelly goes, I'd suggest we'd need another option to play as a central striker even if Hogan stays.

Tangled up in blue.

The next Hogan on 12:11 - May 18 with 2898 viewsParkinsGimp

Welcome Jack Muldoon, I have been told that we should really like him and he should make the grade. Lets hope so, its always worth a gamble , sometimes these things work out.
The next Hogan on 12:34 - May 18 with 2865 viewsDickydaler

I've been a bit disappointed at how some posters have been talking about Scott Hogan. It seems sometimes he is only being referred to in terms of money. If he reads some of the posts on here I think he would feel quite deflated in how some fans think of him only in money terms. I would hope he is still firmly in Keith Hills plans for next season and hope he wants to stay to test his skills in League One before thinking about a move. He should not be treated a commodity, he is a person and should be given more encouragement to stay.
The next Hogan on 13:00 - May 18 with 2816 viewsisitme

The next Hogan on 12:34 - May 18 by Dickydaler

I've been a bit disappointed at how some posters have been talking about Scott Hogan. It seems sometimes he is only being referred to in terms of money. If he reads some of the posts on here I think he would feel quite deflated in how some fans think of him only in money terms. I would hope he is still firmly in Keith Hills plans for next season and hope he wants to stay to test his skills in League One before thinking about a move. He should not be treated a commodity, he is a person and should be given more encouragement to stay.

I am sure that everybody appreciates Scott's hard work and would love him to stay for next season and beyond. Now let's look at the financial realities facing clubs like ours. Suppose a Championship club like Wolves offers a £1 million with a sell on fee for him the chairman would have to accept the offer. Our poor gates dictate this. Scott is also out of contract next summer. If he is playing regularly and does well in the Championship he could earn another move to a Premier League club with another season. On a personal level he would be earning a lot more and be playing at a higher level of football. It would be wrong to stand in his way if we receive a fair offer.
The next Hogan on 13:13 - May 18 with 2803 viewsfitzochris

Torn on this one. I would, on the one hand, love to see Hogan line up for us next season but, on the other hand, I would like to see what Hilly could do with the kind of money selling Hogan would afford him.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The next Hogan on 13:25 - May 18 with 2782 viewsDickydaler

The next Hogan on 13:00 - May 18 by isitme

I am sure that everybody appreciates Scott's hard work and would love him to stay for next season and beyond. Now let's look at the financial realities facing clubs like ours. Suppose a Championship club like Wolves offers a £1 million with a sell on fee for him the chairman would have to accept the offer. Our poor gates dictate this. Scott is also out of contract next summer. If he is playing regularly and does well in the Championship he could earn another move to a Premier League club with another season. On a personal level he would be earning a lot more and be playing at a higher level of football. It would be wrong to stand in his way if we receive a fair offer.

You're presuming he wants leave Rochdale. He didn't want to leave last year. Maybe he still doesn't want to leave and all this talk about Hogan=Money is forcing away.
As for having money to spend if Scott does go, Hilly has proved he can work wonders without money and spending large amounts on a player does not always end happily.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 13:29]
The next Hogan on 13:32 - May 18 with 2768 viewsfitzochris

The next Hogan on 13:25 - May 18 by Dickydaler

You're presuming he wants leave Rochdale. He didn't want to leave last year. Maybe he still doesn't want to leave and all this talk about Hogan=Money is forcing away.
As for having money to spend if Scott does go, Hilly has proved he can work wonders without money and spending large amounts on a player does not always end happily.

While what you say is true, I'm quite sure Hilly would welcome the extra pennies.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The next Hogan on 13:52 - May 18 with 2740 viewsisitme

The next Hogan on 13:25 - May 18 by Dickydaler

I am not sure a few comments on a message board, which are complimentary would force him to leave?

The rumour I heard was that Wolves were offering him £14,000 a week. Even half of that would massively increase his current salary, coupled with playing in a higher division it is an attractive offer. Now if he really doesn't want to leave then fair play to him and as I have previously mentioned I am not sure anyone would be anything other than delighted for him to stay.

Even if he does go I am not sure Hilly would do much different recruitment wise. The money would set the club up for the next few years at least. I am sure it has been mentioned on a few occasions that the club budgets for a £250,000 loss with the hope of a cup run or money from transfers to cover the short fall.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 13:54]
The next Hogan on 14:33 - May 18 with 2680 viewsD_Alien

The next Hogan on 12:34 - May 18 by Dickydaler

Do footballers treat us, the fans, as people - or as income generators?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The next Hogan on 18:16 - May 18 with 2525 viewsmightydale

The next Hogan on 13:52 - May 18 by isitme

I am not sure a few comments on a message board, which are complimentary would force him to leave?

The rumour I heard was that Wolves were offering him £14,000 a week. Even half of that would massively increase his current salary, coupled with playing in a higher division it is an attractive offer. Now if he really doesn't want to leave then fair play to him and as I have previously mentioned I am not sure anyone would be anything other than delighted for him to stay.

Even if he does go I am not sure Hilly would do much different recruitment wise. The money would set the club up for the next few years at least. I am sure it has been mentioned on a few occasions that the club budgets for a £250,000 loss with the hope of a cup run or money from transfers to cover the short fall.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 13:54]

Rochdale have not Budgeted to lose 250,000 since 2009/10 season

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

The next Hogan on 20:40 - May 18 with 2434 viewsDickydaler

The next Hogan on 14:33 - May 18 by D_Alien

Do footballers treat us, the fans, as people - or as income generators?

At our level I would hope they treat us as supporters. The clubs might see us as income generators but not the players.
The next Hogan on 05:06 - May 19 with 2344 viewsDiddyDave

The next Hogan on 14:49 - May 15 by ColDale

He's been training with us for quite a while

Hardly a "Swoop into the transfer market",though is it?
The next Hogan on 10:57 - May 19 with 2182 viewsdingdangblue

The next Hogan on 05:06 - May 19 by DiddyDave

Hardly a "Swoop into the transfer market",though is it?

Just like Hogan wasn't, or Lund,Hery,Henderson,Vincenti,Done or before them Perkins,Buckley,Murray,Dawson.............

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024