Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a elderly gentleman very happy 20:19 - Sep 5 with 13536 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Going back to the WBA game when I got to my usual seat in the east stand in the row directly behind me I saw a chap who I known for a number of years from work he is 76 years old an until recently has still done some driving work for us , he had to stop because his wife was taken ill and sadly died 6 months ago, I started to talk to him and said that I had never seen him at the liberty before he told me that he had not been to a football game for years but one of his friends had a ticket for the game but could not go an persuaded him to take the ticket to (As he put it to get him out of the house) Now as you know the north east can geta a bit rowdy to say the least.
After the game I met him outside and he had the biggest smile on his face and told me that he had not enjoyed himself so much for years and the game itself was fantastic and the fans by us are so passionate ,the noise the banter the vocal support and (laughing at the away fans ) was not what he had expected when he took the ticket.
He told me that he was hooked for life .And he left me still with the big grin on his face.
We'll done SCFC and well done the east stand you made a elderly gentleman very happy,
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:21]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:58 - Sep 5 with 1728 viewsRancid

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:34 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

It's mental.

I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do.

Stop attention seeking and ruining threads.You obviously get zero attention day to day and it shows on here.Pack it in you boring cumguzzler.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:10 - Sep 5 with 1673 viewsDarran

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:58 - Sep 5 by Rancid

Stop attention seeking and ruining threads.You obviously get zero attention day to day and it shows on here.Pack it in you boring cumguzzler.

"cumguzzler" is a great word.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:11 - Sep 5 with 1692 viewslonglostjack

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:43 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

That's lovely. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Careful now - too cool and you'll turn to ice

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 1680 viewsScoobyWho

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:10 - Sep 5 by Darran

"cumguzzler" is a great word.

I think its two words ... or maybe cum-guzzler

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:14 - Sep 5 with 1675 viewsbermudajack

A similar incident...

For those of you that can remember the Hull City game at the vetch,

12,000 squeezed into the vetch that day, I'm on the North bank which is swaying back & forth, everyone up for it, amazing atmosphere, the Jackarmy in fine voice, I notice a tiny old woman maybe in her 70's hanging onto the railings for dear life, I asked her if she was alright? She said it was the first time she'd ever been to see the Swans, her husband had recently died, and she said that he'd never forgive her if she didn't attend such an important game on his behalf....

I've never seen someone so old, celebrate like she did at FT... I Had a lump in my throat and realised... This is team is for life & beyond 😳😳👍👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:19 - Sep 5 with 1658 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:14 - Sep 5 by bermudajack

A similar incident...

12,000 squeezed into the vetch that day, I'm on the North bank which is swaying back & forth, everyone up for it, amazing atmosphere, the Jackarmy in fine voice, I notice a tiny old woman maybe in her 70's hanging onto the railings for dear life, I asked her if she was alright? She said it was the first time she'd ever been to see the Swans, her husband had recently died, and she said that he'd never forgive her if she didn't attend such an important game on his behalf....

I've never seen someone so old, celebrate like she did at FT... I Had a lump in my throat and realised... This is team is for life & beyond 😳😳👍👍

oh ffs stop it I'm filing up here

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:19 - Sep 5 with 1665 viewsexiledclaseboy

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:14 - Sep 5 by bermudajack

A similar incident...

12000? Assuming you're talking about "that" game in 2003 I'm fairly sure the capacity of the Vetch was less than 10,000 at the time.

Nice post though.

Poll: Tory leader

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:22 - Sep 5 with 1655 viewsmorningstar

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:19 - Sep 5 by exiledclaseboy

12000? Assuming you're talking about "that" game in 2003 I'm fairly sure the capacity of the Vetch was less than 10,000 at the time.

Nice post though.

Brian Flynn said there was 25000 there!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Made a elderly gentleman very happy (n/t) on 21:24 - Sep 5 with 1648 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Nice post though.

the curse of the (n/t) strikes again.

What I wrote was obviously amazing, but I can't be arsed to type it out again, even though it took probably less time to write than writing this did, and now that I've got to this stage, it most certainly took less time, so this is all rather silly...it included the word 'veracity' if that helps.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 21:27]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:24 - Sep 5 with 1645 viewsexiledclaseboy

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:22 - Sep 5 by morningstar

Brian Flynn said there was 25000 there!

Yeah but everything looks bigger to him.

Poll: Tory leader

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:32 - Sep 5 with 1612 viewsepaul

Back in the early 90's I took my elderly gramps down the vetch for a few games, even tho he started watching them in the 20's he hadn't been for a good few years. We had to go in the centre stand as standing on the bank was to much for him. He absolutely loved it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:33 - Sep 5 with 1595 viewsJackfath

There are some really good oap related stories on this thread.

Well done to all posters who are sharing their stories.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:37 - Sep 5 with 1583 viewslonglostjack

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:33 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

There are some really good oap related stories on this thread.

Well done to all posters who are sharing their stories.

Thank you young man

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:56 - Sep 5 with 1532 viewsbermudajack

Nice post though.

Your right, the official attendance was 9,500, 👍👍

I stand by my earlier statement of closer to 12,000 though.... 😳😳😳

Sounds so small now doesn't it ???

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:00 - Sep 5 with 1525 viewsswanny

My brother and I took our elderly Dad to the Vetch....he complained all the time about the swearing, then did a lot of farting.
We never took him again.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:04 - Sep 5 with 1472 viewsJethroJack

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:20 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

Hooked for life. He's 76 ffs.

Complete & utter bellend.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:07 - Sep 5 with 1467 viewslonglostjack

Back in the fifties my Grandfather was working and my Grandmother had to queue up to buy tickets for a game. There was a bit of an incident when a copper asked her to move on because he assumed she was a prostitute.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:12 - Sep 5 with 1451 viewslifelong

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:00 - Sep 5 by swanny

My brother and I took our elderly Dad to the Vetch....he complained all the time about the swearing, then did a lot of farting.
We never took him again.

Why did people swearing make him fart?

I haven't heard of that condition before.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 1437 viewsLiberty

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 21:19 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

oh ffs stop it I'm filing up here

Is it a really tall cabinet ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 1418 viewsDarran

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:12 - Sep 5 by lifelong

Why did people swearing make him fart?

I haven't heard of that condition before.

Oldjack sitting next to me made me puke once.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:17 - Sep 5 with 1425 viewstruckjack

Fookin class put down! For once I think Jfath's post was amusing and not meant to be insulting..
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:25 - Sep 5 with 1391 viewsmax936

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:30 - Sep 5 by jackharris

That's a lovely story. I hope he's able to get tickets for more matches. My Dad only recently started going when we were in the Championship after he had retired. After years of working as a carpenter and supporting my mum and my 3 brothers. He's 71 and loves it!!!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 12:21]

My Father's 79 and has been a season ticket holder for longer than I can remember, he's 80 in February and he'll still be walking from his house in Brynhyfryd to the Liberty and back and Siloh Rd is a bastard for us younger mortals, let alone an 80yrold,.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:26 - Sep 5 with 1387 viewsdameedna

Cool story thanks for letting us in

A while back a a friend got tickets for my dad and his mate (thanks Jim White). They had a great time by all accounts.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:27 - Sep 5 with 1376 viewsJackfath

I wish I had an old person story to share.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:31 - Sep 5 with 1364 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I invited my father along to the U21 match last week. He enjoyed himself. Up arrow my post now please.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024